What a mess and it's going to be expensive to all of us

Meanwhile my tea party dork in congress is trying to block a grid improvement project in my state. The new power lines are intended to carry solar or wind power to California markets. It already took them about a decade to get past the EPA with the route, and now Pierce wants to change the route and start over with the turtle studies etc.

His oil lobby buddies would love that to happen of course. Purely a coincidence I'm sure. Birds went someplace where there is food and water. This is howling desert. Bring on the solar panel and wind farms, but not till there is a wire to the market for the power.

Everything has its consequences.

Your "green" supremacy is BS.

As humans (some of us seek to get better without governmental influence). In the 120 years of petroleum use we have been able to travel, farm and create more than all the previous generations (most likely combined).

Btw, A question my father always asked me after I was thru listening to KPFT or Pacifica station, "What is more organic than oil?"

Also Global warming would beat Global cooling anytime.

BUMP... In recent newz "Whirlpool to Use Wind Turbines to Power Findlay Facility":
http://www.delphosherald.com/Content/Default/News/Article/Whirlpool-to-use-wind-turbines-to-power-Findlay-facility/-3/1183/190736

(That's Findlay, Ohio BTW) Article includes:
"The Findlay Wind Farm is an $18 million “Wind for Industry” project, financed by One Energy, which provides energy solutions for large electric consumers. On-site wind energy generation is designed to significantly reduce an industrial facility’s electric consumption from the grid. The wind farm will have five wind turbines with Whirlpool utilizing two and nearby Ball Company using three. Through clean, renewable wind energy producing zero greenhouse gas emissions, the turbines are expected to offset an estimated 22% of the Whirlpool’s electric consumption. Each turbine is expected to generate enough electricity equivalent to the amount required to power 300-400 average homes."

Back