Where can I buy a replacement steel swingarm for my mountain bike?

ClintBX

1 kW
Hi ESFMs,

I just had the unfortunate luck of having my left chain stay break on my Voodoo Canzo. I'm running a 500w DD hub in this frame. This frame has a titanium body and would like to keep it in service for some time. So, I'm not willing to scrap it entirely for a new frame.

I'm looking high and low for a steel swingarm that will fit this bike's suspension pivot and has the bottom bracket tube on it.

Is this an impossible find now that the whole bicycle industry has gone aluminium and carbon fibre? Why's it seem like there's an underdeveloped market for buying replacement swingarms? You can shop for forks with a wide selection, why are swingarms so hard to hunt down?

Anyway, any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Clinton

Have a look on eBay for a complete frame. I don’t know what country you are in but there are a couple of complete frames for sale in the uk for £120 each. One is 17” brand new and the other is 18” used.

Have a look on eBay for a complete frame. I don’t know what country you are in but there are a couple of complete frames for sale in the uk for £120 each. One is 17” brand new and the other is 18” used.
I've been looking but finding a frame with a swingarm that fits my current frame and having that swingarm be steel is like searching for a white unicorn

There were (are) few companies manufacturing steel FS frames and those are mostly Wally-type bikes; combined with the multiple styles of FS, there are even fewer swingarms for a specific bike although you could get lucky. It's possible to have one custom manufactured. You might post in the MTBR framebuilding section, but don't mention it's for an "e" bike..

There were (are) few companies manufacturing steel FS frames and those are mostly Wally-type bikes; combined with the multiple styles of FS, there are even fewer swingarms for a specific bike although you could get lucky. It's possible to have one custom manufactured. You might post in the MTBR framebuilding section, but don't mention it's for an "e" bike..
I've been thinking about doing this I already reached to one company but said they don't do specific components. Only hatdtail frames. If anyone can recommend me a custom builder to build me a swingarm, I'd appreciate it

The rear end on that bike is steel and maybe repairable. Can you show us a pic to see if it might be repairable?

Back