Yet Another Vanguard Build

oriol360

1 mW
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share a build I've been planning/working on for the past month.
Attached pictures with video coming soon

Components:
Loaded Vanguard Flex 3
Caliber Trucks
Kegal Wheels 36T pulley
TorqueBoards Motor mounts with 16T pulley
DIYelectricskateboard 12S BEC
Wiiceiver
Flier Dual Motor ESC
Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 5055 320KV
Enertion SPACE Cell

So far have only gone on one run. Planning on pushing the speed once my elbow and knee pads come in.
Also looking into an enclosure for the SPACE Cell and ESC. So far everything is attached with velcro and tape.

Attachments

• Components.jpg
    Components.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 977
  • Built.jpg
    Built.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 977
  • GripTape.jpg
    GripTape.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 977
  • Thin.jpg
    Thin.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 977
  • Remaining.jpg
    Remaining.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 977
  • MapMyRide.jpg
    MapMyRide.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 977
great ! this board is really nice; you have lots of clearance below the board! really nice!!!

how does the space cell handles the flex? could you post a video sideways to see how the flex interacts with your deck? thanks!

ya, I'd be careful about flexing the space cell... it can take a little, but I'm not to sure about the repeated, massive flex of a vanguard deck.

I tried a sweet build with an Arbor timeless walnut, and had to bail because of too much flex; it just wasn't the right board for long term reliability. Since then I've moved to a stiff downhill board, and it is working out much better now.

just a minor suggestion :wink:

okp said:
great ! this board is really nice; you have lots of clearance below the board! really nice!!!

how does the space cell handles the flex? could you post a video sideways to see how the flex interacts with your deck? thanks!

Thank okp, means a lot, specially since your Vanguard build is beautiful!

cmatson said:
ya, I'd be careful about flexing the space cell... it can take a little, but I'm not to sure about the repeated, massive flex of a vanguard deck.

I tried a sweet build with an Arbor timeless walnut, and had to bail because of too much flex; it just wasn't the right board for long term reliability. Since then I've moved to a stiff downhill board, and it is working out much better now.

just a minor suggestion :wink:

This Video Is to show case the flex. I never stand on the middle, dance or bounce on the board. However for video purpose the SPACE Cell seems to handle the Flex well, but time will tell.
I used the vanguard because it was my board before the conversion. I will definitely be getting a stiffer deck for my next build.
I will be posting a video of my next run whenever the days brighten up in Miami. It's been nonstop rain lately.

[youtube]8_uAgSB7cs8[/youtube]

it may handle the flex now, but you might regret it if the battery just dies a couple months down the road.

If you are going to still use it, at least mount the battery right it in the middle of the deck. The battery can be towards the front or back, but just screw the actual mounting brackets (or whatever you choose to use) into the center of the board where it flexes down the most. Don't mount either of the ends of the space cell either: just the middle. this will allow the ends to leave the board a little bit when it flexes, and will keep the battery from flexing.

Back