Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
marty said:
swbluto said:
x
Now I just have to move some 9-10 tons of material about 10-15 feet on average, lol. It looks like it should be so simple with the proper equipment but I guess I just don't have that equipment.
x
Throw the soil using a tool like the one shown in the picture.
51Cb%2BjpwE8L._SL1500_.jpg
Ok Marty, what is that :mrgreen:

Dan

marty said:
swbluto said:
x
Now I just have to move some 9-10 tons of material about 10-15 feet on average, lol. It looks like it should be so simple with the proper equipment but I guess I just don't have that equipment.
x

I was using that. But, it doesn't move a lot of material fast, that's for sure.

Anyway, I got one of these shorty transfer shovels, seem like it should be a little more efficient. The shortness provides more speed/leverage while the transfer shovel shape carries slightly more soil, so a little more ideal for moving a large amount of clay. It's a question if it'll penetrate the clay, but I'm starting from the top, and that stuff is mostly loose.

42008_L_01.jpg

And the price of pugs is going up! Last time I saw, they were going for $450, now they're trending at $600-$900 from backyard sellers. I wonder if we need a recession to get these pugs a little cheaper, lol.

Anyway, exciting new retail developments this year. Harbor Freight is opening up soon in Conroe, and Krogers is opening up 12 miles from me. That means I won't have to travel 50 miles to get to the nearest Harbor Freight; in other words, that means I'm not never going like before, lol. Yep, so

-Major cost competitive grocery store - was 25 miles, going down to 12.
-Harbor Freight - was 50 miles, going down to 24.

I can see why it seems my area has been developing a bit. It's because there's a bit of business expansion out this way. I just wanted to be close to the post office, and being close enough to the lake seemed like a benefit (About a 20 minute drive from me; back where I used to live, driving to the lake was a 40 minute drive.), and being close enough to Fry's Electronics seemed like another strong benefit. (Little did I know of Microcenter, which was a HUGE benefit, lol.)

And, it looks like the nearest area to launch off a kayak or similar (A boat you can carry by hand) is at the lake park which is 15 miles away, about a 22 minute drive. If you need a boatramp, the drive is a bit more, about 30 miles for the no-fee boatramps. There's closer private boat ramps.

I'm fantasizing about loading up the pug with the kayak strapped ontop of the van and going for some kayaking, lol. (And, yes baby, this van was designed to carry kayaks and surfboards.)

And, I'm going to execute the transfer back to the area tomorrow. Arriving towards sunday evening seems like a good bet. Saturday evening doesn't seem like bad timing either, which I could do today. Well, never mind, Sunday morning seems like a good time to do it. I'd rather have all day to clear out everything I need to get my rig ant free, not just an hour of sunlight, lol. And, in that particular position, it'll be time to BLITZ the driveway. Every morning and evening hour gets dedicated to building that driveway until it's done. Then hopefully I can start getting the RV into position. I think 8x 2x4 boards should be all that I need, maybe. It'll be tricky, that's for sure. I really hope my RV doesn't fall off the sides of the driveway into the ditch, lol. I intend on making the entrance wide to minimize the chance of that.

And just found a tree I could climb. Tried climbing, got about 10 feet up, dropped down and got that familiar upper left chest+left arm sensation, it fleeted for about 4-5 seconds. Jeez, my ancestors were designed to climb trees, if climbing trees causes these kinds of symptom, I think I might have bigger problems than "I just ate a watermelon.".

Maybe I need to climb more trees, lol.

It's interesting that walking up a hill that high (10 feet) doesn't produce these symptoms (As far as I know), but pulling myself straight up using my arms sure does.

Wooboy, found that the tree I tried climbing, I could do pullups on and I easily just did 7 pullups, could probably do more. Wow, I've been been able to do more than 2 in my life, even when I was in the navy. (They didn't really have any "pulling" exercises.) I think I'll attribute my pulling strength to ripping saplings and pulling trees out of the ground and pulling huge trees to the tree pile. All the shoveling might've made my pull muscles stronger. Yeah, so this whole "property thing" is like an ultra-comprehensive body workout, that not even the Navy's standard exercise program can match, lol.

marty said:
swbluto said:
x
x

So I suppose you could put an electric motor on one of those, instead of gas. But I think this would work better, considering the distance.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17157126

pACE3-14578295enh-z7.jpg

I'm being followed by a wheelbarrow. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELBARRRRRRRRRROW wheelbarrow.

[youtube]hr0rDW5j1KU[/youtube]

ways-pug-puppies-are-the-most-adorable-things-alive

Aren't they just so adorable? :D

(reminds me of that frog whose eyeballs were bulging at the top of the water, while he was relaxing, so it seemed.)

And on the topic of wildlife, seems I've had a resident black swallowtail butterfly with blue tinted wing tips this morning. It was getting awfully close to me, and I just loved how pretty it looked. I think it wanted me to take care of it, lol. Don't worry butterfly, I will find all the flower nectar you need! lol. (It seems these guys like drinking from the flowers.)

And, what the heck? Pugs are the only kind of dog that have a specific collective noun? Who decides on these words to begin with? Enthusiastic pug owners? Lol. (A group of pugs is "properly" called a grumble, according to all knowing google.)

I think I'm going to start a pug farm... and I'm just going to start giving away pugs. I'll let people sign up and I'll let them pay for the vaccinations they want and everything (I can sign them up for a vaccination program.), but I'm going to keep the prices as low as possible because, dag nabbit, Houston needs to be the pug center of the world, lol. And if no one else is doing it, I WILL! lol

I'll even grow my own pug food and everything, lol. (And that means I need chickens for the eggs. What can I grow that I can feed the chickens?)

Our favorite choices for sprouted chicken feed are: Wheatgrass, sunflower seeds, corn, peas, soybeans and oats

Of these, I think corn and peas are the least objectionable.

I think corn is probably the most promising; a fairly common high calorie crop globally and It seems to grow well in this particular strip of the United States. I should see if I can snag blue corn. Peas are good for the essential nutrients/minerals, but not as high caloric farming density? I don't really know.

i think the secret to consuming starchy non-sweet field corn is that it benefits from flavoring using herbs and spices and certain juices. (Like, I'm thinking maybe cilantro, with salt, some pepper, some tomatos and some lime.)

Strangely enough, there is a literal "Peas farm" in Conroe, TX. That's convenient, maybe I can find out more about farming peas from them? lol. Anyway, just ate some pees, and my body was like "This is the stuff I'm /really/ hungry for", lol. So, yep, methinks pees are going to be on the daily menu. Pees are high in molybdenum, which is a strong antifungal element, so that suggests pees would be wise to use with concurrent fungal-prone foods like peanuts, if one were consuming said fungus-prone crops.

If I were to give away pug puppies for free... well... the waiting list would probably get quite long and my pug production capacity might be somewhat limited in respect to the length of the waiting list. So, I'll need a way to prioritize the people in the waiting list. I guess maybe I'll let them "bid" for a position in the waiting list. Not exactly sure how I would implement that, exactly. "The current minimum bid for the current litter is... remember, you can be outbid at any time by SUCH AND SUCH date... if you are, we'll let you know so you can bid higher" LOL.

And, anyway, need to implement anti-digging measures for the dogs. So, something that goes underground (I wonder if I could just pound some steel plating into the ground at the fenceline? I guess maybe I'll pound some collection of rods into the ground, will likely have to weld them together. Or, I could weld the cross-member bars later after pounding the individual rods into the ground. Basically just want to stabilize the bars so they don't easily bend.)

Oh, I think I'll make it a mix between the current highest bidders and who has been waiting the longest. Probably half/half.

And, will confirm, wine and nuts goes well with each other. The taste of the wine was definitely "brought out", similar to cheese, and I think the fat somehow helps with absorbing the flavor molecules. I think it's pretty much just like how fat increases mineral/nutrient absorption from foods.

Man, now my wine and nut consumption has instantly gone up, lol. I don't know if this is a good habit, lol, seems like wine has a bit higher concentration of alcohol than beer. Easier to drink in excess.

Anyway, the carlo rossi cabernet sauvignon is like 25% more expensive than his other red wines. It also, surprisingly, tastes just as good as the other namebrand red wines (In otherwords, it actually tastes good, lol.). I think he uses a different strategy with the cabernet sauvignon - he throws out the bad grapes, lol. (He probably adds them to his other red wines)

F y'all who told me about nuts and beer going together so well, lol.

Anyhow, yep, a pug farm. Sounds like something I'd defintiely be interested in. See, I'm thinking if I can't get first pick of the litter because of whatever reason... well then... I'll just start breeding them and I'm guaranteed to get the kind of dog I'm looking for, eventually. I also noticed males were cheaper, so what good luck that. And, plus, I just want everyone to have a pug, lol. I don't want cost to be a limitation.

I'm thinking if there was the male form of a cat lady, it'd be me, pug man, lol. :lol:

Anyway, I wonder about pineapples. Some people say they have a GI of 66 or whatever, suggesting they would peak and crash my blood sugar fast, but I swear, I eat one at 2 or 3 p.m. (Sometime in the afternoon) and I'm good for the rest of the day. I'm starting to think those GI estimates are based on the sugar ring of the pineapple, with the core being discarded, because that's typically the form it's eaten in America, but nope, I eat the whole pineapple, core and flesh, and the core is definitely not sweet, so I'm suspecting the GI of a whole pineapple is possibly noticeably less than 66.

Contrast this to eating a whole watermelon, with a GI of 72, yep... they pretty reliably crash my blood sugar about 4 hours later, pseudo-confirming that GI.

Amazing, my first year income was half the GDP per capita of the USA. I'd say that's doing exceptionally well considering all factors. Factors like first year in business, age, the particular city I launched from, etc.

And, the vitamin K / calcium consumption theory of arthersclerosis is an interesting one.

https://draxe.com/top-10-vitamin-k-rich-foods/

I don't know if ordinary calcium consumption contributes to arthersclerosis, but vitamin K deficiency leading to arthersclerosis isn't entirely farfetched. I had a theory about that once; calcium is pulled from the bones and moved to the blood vessels to form hard arthersclerotic plaques, and vitamin K prevents the loss of bone calcium, so it helping prevent the "hard calcified plaques"(The most dangerous kind according to research) is not entirely hard to believe. Vitamin K is primarily found in green vegetables, and the diet of a chimpanzee is 25-50% green leaves, so this isn't hard to believe. (Even starchy green vegetables contain appreciable levels of vitamin K, like peas.)

Recently found out that I have about 12 tons of clay with 12 yards of it on hand. http://www.gravelshop.com/gravel-calculator.asp?groupid=27&productid=489

Today, got about a third of the entire amount onto the driveway (So about 4 tons) and after 2 hours of shoveling and tossing wet clay (it rained yesterday, so maybe more like 5-6 tons), I noticed the lightest task was causing decoherence so I stopped for the day. I'm well aware of the phenomenon of over-exertion and its risk for certain fatal problems (What that biggest loser guy discovered with his excessive cross-fit exercising.), 2 hours of this kind of work (high intensity/high-sweat) seemed like enough physical work for the day.

And, the shortie transfer shovel was pretty ideal for this kind of work. Better leverage and higher capacity -> much more effective at moving tons of clay. I think the tall shovels are ideally used for digging deep holes.

I think I'm going to move into position tomorrow morning. Seems like it'd work better that way with my schedule atm.

Seems like the guy installed a kind of expensive culvert on the property (A rather large one, larger than county standards). Curious, is he developing the property like I originally suspected?

Oh man, looks like I might have a neighbor soon enough just 75 feet away from me. Well, thank goodness there's a property between us and that would explain why he didn't develop the property right next to mine. (But, this is actually nice, assuming he's not involved in the illegal narcotic trade, because this would definitely deter the neighbors down the way from using the forest in this area as a meth lab, and all the associated violence that went with it. Guns shooting at night right near me, machete armed buffed man on patrol, etc.; this would deter them because this property is right at the intersection, looking down the road that divides the forest.)

Yeah, anyways, it's pretty luscious green outside everywhere which is quite nice. Spokane never really had a "luscious green" look being the high desert, it just looked like perma-starved pine-trees all year round and tall yellow weeds as the underbrush, lol.

And, that egg this morning tasted delicious.

Are carrots a good source of Vitamin K?

At just 8.1 micrograms of vitamin K in a medium sized carrot, to meet your dietary intake recommendations solely from carrots, men would need to eat almost 15 carrots daily, while women would need to get through 11. Green leafy vegetables, however, are a larger source of vitamin K.

Jeez, they act like eating 15 carrots a day is hard. :roll: I'm lucky if I can keep my carrot consumption under 25! lol

[youtube]eVD9j36Ke94[/youtube]

This music is so intriguing. What is the national origin of the melody? I can't tell if it's Indian, Islamic or something else.

Just had supper and tried out this black rice. Wow, that rice was good. I'm not exactly sure what was so good about it, the rice or the salt I added. It tasted particularly savory, so I'm guessing it was the salt. My body really liking the salt is not exactly surprising given all the sweating I did this morning. ▲ Sweating -> ▲ Salt intake.

But, I've never had black rice before, so I don't know if it normally tastes savory. Seems like the searches online suggests that it does. Wow, the savoriness of steak without the steak, lol.

(I'm having black rice because it's a starch, particularly high in nutrients, and most importantly, a low GI of 42. I'm hoping regular consumption of low GI natural starchy foods will stave off those hypoglycemic episodes with their unwelcoming symptoms. Seems I get the cardio symptoms before the "shivering" symptoms.)

[In other research, it appears black rice is actually a deep purple color and it's rich in anthocyanins just like blueberries. Suggests it probably confers the same benefits, like diabetes risk reduction.]

Perhaps black rice was incidentally healthier, and farmers and the emperor selected it simply because it was rare and interesting. Which might also explain its popularity today.

:roll: . He's obviously never tasted black rice. If he had, he'd know why it was preferred to white.

Anyway, they say Denmark is one of the happiest countries in the world. Some articles claim it's because of their society. But, based on a video I saw, I kind of got the impression they probably had lots of waterfront available, and sure enough, looking at google maps, it seems this is the one european country with the most waterfront real estate available with the extensive coastline, lakes and rivers in the country. So, yep, methinks they're the happiest because of the water.I know how happy I felt fishing in my pond for the mosquito larva, and I knew it was because of the water. I've killed hundreds of bugs, and did not get that kind of satisfaction. I think it's one of the secrets behind the good health of the islanders - prevalent access to bodies of water.

Just woke up feeling more hungry that normal at this hour (4 a.m.). I pared the rice consumption with a half an avacado, but maybe it needs more fat/protein (Ate at 8:30 p.m.)? Thinking perhaps a vegetable starch (Peas) would be more appropriate to end the day on. Doesn't seem like I usually awoke this hungry when I subsisted off fruits, but there's speculation about the role of yesterday's work may have contributed. (Maybe greater than normal energy consumption during sleep due to muscle repair explains it.).

3 bananas cured the hunger for now.

I actually wonder what kind of starches the tropics subsist off of.

I get the sense they get their green consumption from spinach and the like, and fruits/rice/corn/sweet-potatos are the starches of the region.

Getting the minerals of a green vegetable with a starch, just seems like a neat 2-for-1 deal. [Like... vitamin k. The other starches listed above have most of the other minerals.]

Saw that the gorillas prefer young leaves. Same with the human preference for baby spinach as seen in the store.

swbluto said:
marty said:
swbluto said:
x
x

I was using that. But, it doesn't move a lot of material fast, that's for sure.

Anyway, I got one of these shorty transfer shovels, seem like it should be a little more efficient. The shortness provides more speed/leverage while the transfer shovel shape carries slightly more soil, so a little more ideal for moving a large amount of clay. It's a question if it'll penetrate the clay, but I'm starting from the top, and that stuff is mostly loose.

42008_L_01.jpg

And the price of pugs is going up! Last time I saw, they were going for $450, now they're trending at $600-$900 from backyard sellers. I wonder if we need a recession to get these pugs a little cheaper, lol.
https://www.westlakehardware.com/frequently-asked-questions/should-i-buy-a-long-handled-or-short-handled-shovel/
Should I buy a long-handled or short-handled shovel?

A job's limited space may require a short handle. However, a long handle supplies more leverage and allows you to work in a more upright position. As a result, a long-handled shovel is usually a better choice.
Straight Dope Message Board > Main > In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) > A Mundane Poll: Shovels -- handles or no?

My thoughts - Short D handle shovels are for concrete people. Long handle for everyone else.
shovel-storage_2-nov-2010.jpg

Disney-Shovel-960x1280.jpg

Why do concrete people use the short D-handle transfer(square) shovel? If it's because of the heavy concrete, sounds like a good reason to use with the clay! lol.

I will simply state in my personal experience, with the 4 ft. tall mound of clay I was working with, I was moving a lot more clay with the short square shovel than the long pointy shovel.

And, this morning, I was getting that pulling sensation in my top chest, left shoulder and left side of the neck. While I would panic and say that this is cardiac in nature, I've been getting sufficient warning yesterday that I was having some progressive neck issue. (Fleeting feelings of numbnessx in certain fingers in my left hand upon moving my neck and/or upper body.)

Still, upper body muscle spasms are somewhat unsettling when they happen as it seems to be soemwhat similar to what I can imagine a heart problem would appear like, and I just worked my self to over-exertion just yesterday, so the morning after wouldn't be a completely unusual time to trigger something cardiac (The morning time is typically the most susceptible time). And, after drinking the wine yesterday, I was feeling fatigued and my steps just felt unusually heavy (I was sitting down for 40-60 minutes beforehand, which is why I walking around.), so I had a rest by sitting in my van (Sat for 1-2 minutes), and then it passed shortly afterwards and I was walking around as spryly as normal.

[Doing a lot of lifting work, like I did yesterday has been known to irritate my neck and provoke symptoms kind of like these, but not this particular episode. The episode came after lifting up from bending over my table.]

Anyway, I didn't get to see my ECG while it was happening, but I did see it about 15 seconds later, and my trace looked pretty normal.

And just got back from a pretty quick .6 mile walk (The skeeters were catching up at my slow speed), and had a tiny palpitation when I sat down.

I think that's one of the secrets of the amazon tribe's health. The mosquitos love lethargy, so to avoid becoming lunch, being fast on your feet and being rarely still helps.

It's also notable that yesterday was the first day I applied DEET bug spray.

Now I'm hungry. I'm cooking peas, lol.

Update: 30 minutes later, those peas were delicious. I'm eating more soon enough, it definitely feels like I'm low on something this morning. (Probably all that sleep-time muscle repair bringing my mineral/glucose levels down, and now my body is requesting replenishment, and peas have what they need.)

Anyway, making the trip back later today. I figure I'll slip in sometime after 5-6, since 9-5 seems to be the "work day" around here, so there's a relatively low chance of encountering someone at that time. I don't really want to be setting up when some naysayer (Like, potentially, this apparently new neighbor) is in the area, because he's a cop calling risk. I would think he'd be understanding since he knows what I'm doing and everything (He drives past my property and I already told), but hell, I'm not risking it. Not with a misdemeanor charge. I'm not trying to be a criminal, I just don't have many legitimate options at this point (The national park is going to be wildfire burning, and I said I'd be gone Sunday, so he said he'd come back next week... so...) and I know for a fact no one uses that street.

Thinking about this area, the mosquitos are out in the morning time, the giant wasps/bees are out in the afternoon (And these things are territorial. They see you and they start following, lol.) and really the early evening time is the only time without mosquitos or wasps/bees.

I can see why the mediterranean west coast is popular. Pretty much the entire day is accessible.

Granted, the urban/suburban environment probably doesn't have this kind of problem with the giant territorial wasps and what not, and maybe they don't have nearly as bad a skeeter problem as out here in the swampland forests.

Looked online, apparently the local skeeters are A aegyptia, the "zika virus" kind.

From the CDC...

Although Aedes aegypti mosquitoes most commonly feed at dusk and dawn, indoors, in shady areas, or when the weather is cloudy, "they can bite and spread infection all year long and at any time of day."[7][8]

Yep, I think that's it, these guys just don't like the sun. If you're in a shady forest, it seems they can be out anytime of the day.

So, I'm thinking people like to clear their properties of trees, possibly because of mosquitos. On the flipside, air conditioning becomes more essential, so it's a tradeoff.

And, cooking some more peas now, I've just found out...

Pea protein is a complete protein, which means it contains all nine of the essential amino acids—including branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs)—that you need to consume to effectively build muscle, Palmer says.

Yep, man, so these guys are some wonder vegetables. A low GI starch, vitamin K, all the nutrients present in spinach (Except the nitrates, though the protein provides nitrogen.). These seem to be excellent for building muscle and keeping good bone health. As well as just about every other aspect of health. Peas even have glutamine, which is said to protect against vascular dysfunction under heavy levels of exertion. (Typical foods high in glutamine comes from animal sources, like meat, dairy, eggs, the like.)

The other well known "complete proteins" are notably absent of Vitamin K.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fpug-facts%2Fpug12.jpg

That is some BS. My pug could always catch me, and I run a pretty solid 12 miles per hour.

And, my latest batch of peas taste and smell like gasoline. They must have absorbed some of the gasoline that spilled in the van, despite the plastic packaging. Discard, buy new peas.

On the topic of diabetes...

Studies have found that Walking 30 minutes daily correlates to a diabetes risk reduction of 30%.

And..

For each 10% increase in the skeletal muscle index (ratio of muscle mass to total body weight), there is an 11% reduction in insulin resistance and a 12% reduction in prediabetes. Prediabetes is a condition in which a person's blood sugar is higher than normal, but not high enough to be diabetes.

Getting your daily physical activity in and building those muscles is important for health. Seems like one of the downsides of more muscles is a greater appetite (But, that could actually be a good thing, if you're not solely looking at the food bill.). But, there are several things that can be done to curb appetite. Stay physically active throughout the day, get adequate sleep, stay happy, consume low GI foods, eat sufficient fat/protein with carbs, eat plenty of intact fiber with carbs (Ideally get the intact fiber in first), just so many things. Eating eggs seems to be a magical appetite curber.

And hmm... I just thought of something...

Since split peas and black rice have identical cooking times (30 minutes)... they could just be combined in the same pot for boiling... that way they wouldn't need to be cooked separately (I only have 1 pot and 1 burner, so this is good knowledge to have, lol.). Seems like some sources believe rice and peas are "more complete" together.

And, also on the topic of fat being a suitable replacement energy source for carbs...

I suspected it wasn't because peanuts don't seem to adequately replace carbs. But, peanuts should be consumed with vitamin C to increase absorption, which is largely in fruits and vegetables. So, it's plausible it might be suitable if consumed with other vegetables.

That then brings me to animal fat. As far as I know, there's nothing really blocking it from being absorbed into the body, and it being identical to human fat, I would think it'd be more straightforward for the body to use directly as an energy source. And, it seems that certain neolithic tribes subsisted off of hunting game, supposedly, suggesting that animal fat is a suitable source of energy. So, I can't really confirm... but animal fat /might/ be a suitable source of energy.

I'm not sure what search query I'd craft to find supporting information on this.

http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2009/09/two-brave-men-who-ate-nothing-but-meat.html

e results of this fascinating study were published in 1930 in the Journal of the American Medical Association (link). At the beginning of the experiment, Stefansson was given only lean meat at the request of his supervisors. This was to confirm Stefansson's bad experiences with low-fat meat; during his explorations, there had been periods during which fat was not readily available and which lead to diarrhea and nausea in a few weeks. This time, the illness kicked in much earlier:

As said, in the Arctic we had become ill during the second or third fatless week. I now became ill on the second fatless day. The time difference between Bellevue and the Arctic was due no doubt mainly to the existence of a little fat, here and there in our northern caribou - we had eaten the tissue from behind the eyes, we had broken the bones for marrow, and in doing everything we could to get fat we had evidently secured more than we realized. At Bellevue the meat, carefully scrutinized, had been as lean as such muscle tissue can be.

After fat was added back into the diet, a full recovery was made in two days. The authors of the study describe the diet from then on:

The meat used included beef, lamb, veal, pork and chicken. The parts used were muscle, liver, kidney, brain, bone marrow, bacon, and fat.

Thus, fat played an important part in their diets.

This does suggest that animal fat is a suitable replacement for carbs in providing energy (Energy necessary for metabolic processes and tissue/organ repair/maintenance), thus how the inuit are able to survive off of only fish fat and how supposedly some of the european paleolithic tribes were able to survive off of game alone.

And... some more scrutiny into the Inuit diet..

http://nutritionstudies.org/masai-and-inuit-high-protein-diets-a-closer-look/

What about their risk of heart disease? It turns out to be a myth so often repeated it just became an unsupported truth. A 2003 paper[5] published by a highly experienced, highly published scientist at the National Institute of Public Health in Greenland, written with his colleagues from Canada, documents many autopsy studies and clinical observations and studies proving that heart disease existed among the Inuit. In fact, in 1940 the “father of epidemiology” in Greenland, Bertelsen, noted heart disease to be quite common, perhaps even more interesting given the young age of the population. He based this on clinical experience and medical officer reports going back for many decades(cited in 5). All told, the 2003 paper found “the hypothesis that mortality from ischemic heart disease is low among the Inuit compared with western populations insufficiently founded.” Further, “…a general statement that mortality from cardiovascular disease is high among the Inuit seems more warranted than the opposite.”[5]

In addition, it has been found that bone health among the Inuit was quite bad. A 1974 study[6] found, “Aging bone loss, which occurs in many populations, has an earlier onset and greater intensity in the Eskimos. Nutrition factors of high protein, high nitrogen, high phosphorus, and low calcium intakes may be implicated.

Aye, this observation fits directly with the calcium taken from bones -> calcium deposited in arteries hypothesis. And it also suggests that the Inuit likely didn't consume much Vitamin K; which is probably true since I doubt green vegetables grow well in that area. Insufficient carb intake might also account for this, but... I don't know of a plausible connection between low carb -> bone calcium loss -> vessel calcium gain(arthersclerosis) , but there might be one.

Anyway, the connection between bone loss and arthersclerosis is a very strong one.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3258717/

This paper suggests vitamin D -> Bone loss. But, I'm pretty sure the inuit had plenty of vitamin D in their fish diet, so I doubt this author /really/ knows. I'm not saying that vitamin D isn't a contributing factor, but she seems to be completely overlooking the central role of Vitamin K.

Here's a paper detailing the strong link between bone loss and arthersclerosis.

http://www.wholehealthinsider.com/newsletter/atherosclerosis-raises-risk-osteoporosis/

Researchers aimed to determine if early atherosclerosis, as detected by coronary microvascular endothelial dysfunction (CMED), could predict the development of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. They followed 194 women older than 50 years with non-obstructive coronary arteries. After seven years, the participants completed questionnaires to assess their bone health and osteoporosis status.

The results showed that, compared to the women who did not have CMED, the women who did were twice as likely to develop osteoporosis.

The researchers stated, “Early coronary atherosclerosis with endothelial dysfunction is an independent marker for increased risk of developing osteoporosis in postmenopausal women greater than 50 years of age without obstructive coronary artery disease. The current study supports a link between coronary atherosclerosis and osteoporosis.”

If there was another way I would search...

BMD (Bone mineral density) CVD

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18345994

Low bone mineral density (BMD) has been shown to predict cardiovascular disease (CVD) and coronary heart disease (CHD) mortality in both women and men.

When compared with women who had a <10% CHD risk, women with a 10%-19% CHD risk were 45% more likely and those with a > or =20% CHD risk were 73% more likely to have low BMD. Similar increases in low BMD risk were not detected in men.

The lack of connection with men is interesting. That would suggest that it's not necessarily a universal relationship. And, the previous paper also focused on women. So, yeah, I guess this isn't universal and I don't really know why. (If it's not universal, that suggests that my hypothesis isn't really true as that hypothesis should apply to both men and women, even if men had other risk factors in addition. That is to say, there should be a relationship between BMD and CVD in men if calcium-loss-in-bone->calcium-gain-in-arteries is universally true.)

Wait... nevermind... they did state...

Low bone mineral density (BMD) has been shown to predict cardiovascular disease (CVD) and coronary heart disease (CHD) mortality in both women and men.

This particular paper is but one point of observation. But...

Cross-sectional data for 3881 women and men aged 50-74 years without overt CHD or stroke from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III) were used to explore the relationship between BMD and 10-year CHD risk, as estimated using the Framingham CHD risk prediction algorithm, in gender-stratified multiple logistic regression models.

Seems like a large enough sample size to detect this relationship in men.

Okay, after yesternight, I think late hour dinner (Say, after 7 p.m.) should be "light", and I think one should be frequently physically active throughout the morning time. It seems that this is the time of the day when the blood is most sluggish, so I think being active during this time of day is particularly important. Granted, being active all day long is ideal, but I understand... the internet and all, lol.

And, I ran out of dish soap, so I'm using apple cider vinegar to sanitize my dishes. Seems to work reasonably well at removing food residues.

Anyway, I'm alone at this campsite now. Has two ponds and plenty of woods, and so it's quite peaceful and enjoyable. Sunny day today, too. Saw the froggy like 2 times today. He's just leaning back in the water, and then I come close, and he just starts swimming under the murky water out of view. Anyway, this is a pretty neat area, so many different birds, amphibians (Frogs,lizards,snakes,geckos,etc.) and wildlife. Seems like the consistently warm weather here makes for a good home for the cold-blooded critters.

The real pests are the aggressive huge wasps during the nicest parts of the day (1-4 p.m.), and the mosquitos during the nonsunny parts of the day (Before 10-11 a.m. usually, and after 6 p.m. now.). But, that still leaves 11-1 p.m. and 4-6 p.m. without both those guys, which definitely aren't bad times of the day.

Just had lunch, 1/3 cup dry green peas and 1/4 cup dry black rice, two pinches of salt(Didn't have measuring spoons on hand) and yep, that tasted pretty delicious. The black rice definitely adds a savory meaty flavor and that is undoubtely why it was considered "rice fit for kings" back in Ancient china (Thus, Forbidden Rice.). (White rice definitely does not taste like meat; it's rather tasteless, actually.)

And following standard practices, I pared with a fat and high vitamin C antibiotic food. Avocado and ate a lime afterwards. The avocado definitely goes well with the rice/peas (I think fat helps bring out the flavor), and the mouth actually seemed to appreciate the lime, as if it knew it was helping to make it squeaky clean, lol.

Now the next step is to add some vinegar and some spices. I think it would make it more flavorful, while also making it more antibiotic. Salt and vinegar is definitely one way to make white rice taste a lot better.

Anyway...I'm pretty much convinced vampires are an anthropomorphization of mosquitoes. They both don't like sun and feed off your blood. Granted, mosquitos don't suck your blood to feed off your "life force", instead the females do it to get iron & minerals for their offspring, but I doubt the ancients knew that.

Anyway, rice and peas seems to be a popular dish in the Caribbeans. The natives in those countries who aren't consuming the Western foods and processed foods are known to live pretty long in those areas.

And, I started thinking about marriage. I thought I'd be OK with getting married if the house/dwelling was built on another piece of land. I say that, because I want sole control/possession of some piece of property regardless of what happens down the road. The idea that I don't have a place to stay/live because of divorce is just deeply unsettling to me, and modern America seems to be structured like that, which seems so wrong in so many ways. I'm well aware of other societies who don't have that kind of issue because men have rights, and sadly, modern America doesn't seem to be one of them.

The basic idea is that after marriage, this particular piece of land cannot be improved at all. Because improvements put it at risk of being taken from my hands.

Now, if I knew that women weren't incentivized to file divorce, I wouldn't be too concerned. But, the really lopsided statistics (most divorces are filed by the woman) here definitely suggests many file divorce, at least partially, because of the material incentive to do so. That is, there's material gain to be had and I'm not blind to the fact a lot of people are selfish. (I experience that in my line of business often enough, getting refund requests for the stupidest and downright fraudelent reasons.)

[I'm not saying that most file divorce primarily because of material incentives. But I am saying that material incentives likely adds weight to the decision and, many times, probably becomes the decisive factor. It's one thing to think "Well, our marriage kind of sucks.", and another to think, "Well, our marriage kind of sucks. If I file divorce, I get a free paycheck and a house. It's like being married without being married."]

Now, that's just hypothetical contingency planning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/women-more-likely-than-men-to-initiate-divorces-but-not-breakups-study-finds_us_55d61f03e4b0ab468da049bb

While breakups between unmarried couples were gender neutral — men were just as likely as women to initiate them — when it came to divorce, Rosenfeld found that wives initiated 69 percent of splits, compared to 31 percent of men

Yep, there's that asymmetric material incentive there. Over 2x as many women initiate divorce compared to men, while breakups are 1:1.

This particular paper cites women are more unsatisfied with marriage, and it's plausible there are certain expectations associated with marriage that are unsatisfying, but I still don't think that fully explains the wide gulf in the statistics here.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a63a1bee-3e04-3f00-a95a-4f9dadcfe7e1/army-develops-powerfully.html

Should soldiers be expected to “be all that they can be” if they haven't been getting the proper nutrition? The Army doesn't think so, which is why they tasked their Military Nutrition Division with developing a fortified snack bar specifically for new recruits. The chocolate-flavored snack bars are loaded with calcium and vitamin D — two nutrients that will help prevent stress fractures during long marches and strenuous physical activity, The Army Times reports. “Up to 18 percent of recruits suffer from these stress fractures,” says James McClung, the deputy chief of the Military Nutrition Division at the army's Research Institute of Environmental Medicine. “Women beginning training with poor

They forgot Vitamin K!

The inuits got plenty of calcium and vitamin D through fish consumption, but they had much worse bones than the western world. Their issue? They didn't get any vitamin K through consumption of green vegetables, which is abundant in the tropics. That's one of the problems of America - insufficient green vegetable consumption is prevalent. And, ideally vitamin D and vitamin K would be supplemented well before bootcamp, which is not hard; the "in doc" period is typically 6-12 months long.

As to their stress fractures; running and marching on concrete and hardwood floors is far from the "natural environment" of our ancestors. I have bone issues walking on the stony roads, but no issues walking on the heavy blanket of pine needles on the side of the road.

Critics cry that soft surfaces increase fractures, uh, yeah, that's because they're inevitably walking on concrete/pavement at some point. If it never existed to begin with, I pretty much guarantee there would no increase. I don't think the Amazon tribes walking 7 miles a day have a problem with stress fractures. (If they did, I have a feeling they would stop well before 7 miles, lol.)

1490651737634.jpg

Oh man, feeling so jelly. The navy didn't get to march with rifles.

Anyway, given the relationship between vitamin D and K to bone health... I wondered if they worked in unison, possibly in other ways?

The idea of sunshine, fish and green vegetable consumption is related somehow, as if working in unison, is not farfetched since all those factors are common in the tropics.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/19/vitamin-d-vitamin-k2.aspx

Vitamin D and K2 Work in Tandem to Slow Arterial Calcification

The data revealed a slower progression of calcification in those taking both vitamin K2 and vitamin D compared to those taking vitamin D alone.1 The study’s lead author said:

“In this study, the K2 and D protected against cardiovascular calcification, while the D group alone did not. Clearly, this has positive implications for human health."

This makes sense because whereas vitamin D provides improved bone development by helping you absorb calcium, there is new evidence that vitamin K2 directs the calcium to your skeleton, while preventing it from being deposited where you don't want it.

Sunshine exposure, fish and green vegetables. The triad of health.

I can tell the Army Nutrition research group needs someone like me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_K_deficiency

Because colonic bacteria synthesize a significant portion of the Vitamin K required for human needs, individuals with disruptions to or insufficient amounts of these bacteria can be at risk for Vitamin K deficiency.

Interesting. Spinach and the like has all the Vitamin K one needs for the day, but it appears bacteria in the colon also synthesizes it. One thing that microbes in the colon love is fiber, which is rich in many fruits and vegetables, suggesting one doesn't necessarily need to consume spinach for vitamin K; sufficient fiber intake from fruits, vegetables and whole grains and the like possibly suffices.

And, so I came back to the area, boy, here I am surrounded by tons of trees and it's sounding pretty windy tonight and I'm thinking "This looks like a really bad place for falling trees"... and then tonight... like seconds ago... just down the road probably 200-300 feet... I heard a tree crash to the ground. Oh god, I better get this driveway done fast. It's one thing I've noticed here... back in Spokane... you usually only saw trees fall over when a giant windstorm swept through the area... in the thick forests down here... you hear them breaking like every other day or week or something.

Yep, I'm taking a pretty big risk in this particular position.

And, to my comfort, there's an established history of tree falling on cars deaths. So, nope, vehicle frames are generally not strong enough.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tree+falls+on+car+killed&*

Even better, an even more established history of trees falling on RV deaths.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tree+falls+on+rv+killed&*

LEWIS COUNTY, Mo. (WGEM) -
A Quincy man died early Sunday morning after a tree fell on his RV at Wakonda State Park, near LaGrange, Missouri, according to the coroner.

Coroner Larry Arnold said police and EMS were called to a campsite at the park around 3 a.m. Crews discovered a tree on the RV, where a man was trapped by the tree.

Arnold said Andrew Irvin, 25, died at 4:55 a.m. An autopsy is pending.

It's not just old people. :shock:

And, gosh, that was one of my fears. Midnight high winds, get killed in my sleep by a tree. I told myself that won't happen, it didn't, but it did to this guy.

The frequent falling trees thing took me my surprise. I thought it only happened in 60+ mph high winds.

It appears the lake inside this wakonda state park closes from Nov-Mar. Poor saps, Lake Conroe is open year round.

Okay, went back to sleep around 7:20, got awakened by the rain at 8:20. Ugg... Anyway, while this storm was rolling through, decided to go grocery shopping since I wasn't going to be doing anything more productive.

Anyway, it rained, and the clay is wet.

I'm not really sure what they sold me, actually. I would think that driveway base clay (red clay?) would stay solid after getting wet, but nope, this stuff gets muddy, squishy and sticky. The stuff I dug from my soil, which is a tan color (yellow/light-brown) [the soil survey is telling me its a clay/soil mix], stays solid after getting wet but yet its a little sticky and greasy. It seems like it makes a far better driveway base than this "Select fill" they sold me.

So yeah, I don't really know if this will actually work. Did I even get the right material? People have been telling me that red clay is the driveway base of choice, but it seems this tan stuff I got from my own property is far superior.

http://www.tjcampbell.com/materials.htm?tp3=1_5

callout-dirt.jpg

It looks like the same thing... hmmm...

Maybe 4" inches of gravel gives it magical stable properties.

It seems the clay is a little bit too wet/sticky/muddy to really do anything with. So, tamping the current layer down will probably have to wait til tomorrow. And, I need to tamp it down before I put more clay ontop.

Anyway, while shopping at HEB, I noticed I was looking at the coconut cocoa balls (Doesn't really taste as good as freshly brewed cocoa and fresh coconut) and thought "Yikes, that's expensive", and suddenly I had a pain shoot up my left carotid (presumably) and I suddenly got pretty lightheaded.

Thinking here, about what they say about money. It's the root of all evil. If it can induce symptoms associated with death, I'd say that sounds about right. Maybe that's one of the largest reasons in the gulf between life-expetancy between the poor and wealthy - thoughts about money itself induces death. Out in the wild, it seems like the equivalent of money is something you just go get, whether that be palm fronds or husks or bananas or coconuts or whatever. You want more of something, you go get it, you plant more of it, or you search more for it.

Anyway, I'm going to try out coconut shreddings with my meals.

And, it appears one of the plastic sheets for my moat h as a hole (leaking water). Looks like it'll need replacement which will require rebuilding of all the moats. Gosh, it's just hard getting back to business with all that's going on.

Anyway, I was drinking a somewhat sugary guava drink yesterday and I thought the guava flavor tasted delicious. Methinks I need to find a grocery store that sells guava (HEB doesn't). After I got done, I noticed that my teeth felt kind of sticky and... it made a lot of sense... drinking this sugary drink left a nice sticky sugary residue on my teeth and ants are attracted to sticky sugary liquids. So then I realized that, hey, this is easy pickings for Strep Mutans to grow off of if the sugar is just sitting there coating the teeth. So I downed a lime, which cleared the sugary coating off. Anyway, I think this partially explains sugar consumption and ill health via teeth health.

swbluto said:
Because colonic bacteria synthesize a significant portion of the Vitamin K required for human needs, individuals with disruptions to or insufficient amounts of these bacteria can be at risk for Vitamin K deficiency.

There you go, it's the "good bugs" I was telling you about. There are over 1,000 species of bacteria, fungi, yeast, etc. living in our guts. Many of them secrete chemicals that effect our brains and endocrine system. Certain essential nutrients come almost exclusively from these bacteria and it's hard to be healthy without them. Of course, there are bad ones in there too, like the weeds in my lawn.

fechter said:
swbluto said:

There you go, it's the "good bugs" I was telling you about. There are over 1,000 species of bacteria, fungi, yeast, etc. living in our guts. Many of them secrete chemicals that effect our brains and endocrine system. Certain essential nutrients come almost exclusively from these bacteria and it's hard to be healthy without them. Of course, there are bad ones in there too, like the weeds in my lawn.

Yep, sounds about right. And, it seems that these particular good bugs live in the colon. It seems that many of the identified bad bugs live in the mouth/stomach/small intestine (Well, H. Pylori likely lives in the colon and it's known to be harmful.). I'm pretty darn sure most antibiotic foods get digested by the time they reach the colon (Most absoprtion happens by the end of the small intestine, leaving the large intestine to pick up what's left over), leaving the fiber left to digested by the colon bacteria for vitamin K production. I'm sure there's other metabolites, but vitamin K is pretty important, and it's already common knowledge that fiber is important, so this conenction makes a lot of sense.

So, it's fairly plausible the link between fruit consumption and improved health(10 fruits/veggies a day = 38% reduction in mortality risk in the next 10 years?) is partially via vitamin K production in the colon with all that fiber. The worst diet you could imagine in this respect, refined carbs with the fiber stripped out and no green vegetable consumption and no fruit/veggie consumption, indeed seems highly correlated with mortality and sickness. (That is kind of how I was eating some days when I ran out of groceries... then I had sudden severe chest pain at night. Well, I was also eating peanut butter, without the vitamin C those few days, so that was likely depriving me of nutrients which could understandably lead to problems. Seems like when I have hunger / need nutrients -> problems.

Okay, worked for 45 minutes, and got more clay on the driveway. Next step is to tamp it down, which I'll be doing tomorrow morning, then I need to fill in the sides, tamp it down, at that point I will have the full shape of the intended driveway, then just need to get the rest of the hill of clay onto the driveway, building it up evenly. I'll need to crown and grade the sides so that water will run off it. The particular substrate gets /really/ muddy if water starts pooling. Looks like maybe 2 "full days" of work with get 90% of it done. (Full day = morning time and evening time available; either is not available when it's storming and certain processes, like tamping, are not really available for sometime after a rainfall. That's why I'm not tamping tonight.)

And lucky me, looks like the next 2 days are sunny. (Then it's storms)

It was storming this morning, that's why I didn't get time in this morning. It didn't really seem like it rained that much here; my pond didn't fill up that much. I wonder if ponds have a tendency to dry up during the warmer months here? Seems like I've never seen this pond dry since creating it until last week. It had just a little puddle at that point. Maybe I need to dig deeper.

Anyway, this shady location I'm at currently actually stays pretty cool during the day, which is quite nice. This is looking promising come summer time; just need to shade the RV or any other structure I want to stay cool.

Anyway, need to remind myself not to drive within 30 minutes of waking up. Gosh, it seems like driving causes me anxiety, and adding that ontop of just-woke-up sleepiness/lethargy, pretty bad combination. Couldn't get above 40 mph on a 70 mph road, lol. [I think the lethargy today would be more fully explained by getting woken right in the middle by the storm.]

Anyway, once I get on my property, I can elevate the tarp so that 1) The rain is not hitting my RV waking me up and 2) It'll shade my RV. It seems like I'll need a ladder to attach the rope high up in the trees. I'm not really sure what kind of ladder is usable on uneven terrain.

I think I'll need to start collecting rainwater. Need to find a suitable substrate... corrugated steel or corrugated plastic or some other such. (Maybe create an corrugated exoskeleton from rodding or something, and then line with plastic sheeting.)

Oh man, I ate some chicken nuggets from McD's yesterday and the breading was made from wheat. I was wondering why I was feeling a little worse after eating them. Ok, I guess I can't blithely assume that breading = corn meal. And chicken strips are also made from flour. Gosh, so I guess I can safely assume breading = flour in America. It's amazing the lack of corn-based options in standard american restaurants despite America being a HUGE producer of corn. It seems if I want corn, I got to go to the mexican taco place.

So based on the no wheat rule - the only suitable thing at Whataburger is hash browns. I think prefer the mexican tacos, lol. And hard shell tacos from taco bell are OK, too. It's just that you substitute chicken and it becomes a $2.50 taco; the arguably better taco from my mexican grocer is $1.75 (Tastes better and there's more food in it). Anyway, there are cheaper taco shops in the area,but I want to support this grocery store. I think it's important to have a local grocery store.

Imagine if I lived in southern china... imagine all the suitable dietary options. Like, beef filled rice balls.

[Even panda express uses wheat extensively in their breaded options. But,it's true, they do have plenty of no-wheat combinations available, unlike most places. They just unfortunately exist 28 miles from me, so I never go there.And, I won't visit the other chinese shops; the excessive oil causes heartburn.

Ok, woke at 4:40 to the rush of window through my side window (Odd that there would be wind coming from that direction since there's a thick forest in the way; I'm guessing the window deflected the wind?). I was in a middle of a dream, too. Anyway, fiddled around, trying to go back to sleep around 6:30-7:00 but laying in bed, I could just feel this barely palpable but developing chest pressure and I knew it was TIME TO EAT! Anyway, the chest pressure went away after eating and I tried going back to sleep, never could (I ended my efforts at 8:50; It just seemed odd that I only needed 5 hours of sleep, compared to recent history. Recent history is 4-5 hours sleep, then 2 hours later, a 90-120 minute sleep.). To consume the cocoa this morning, I just consumed it straight from the tin and washed it down with water. It has a tendency to backfill the nostrils that way, but it's a tolerable sensation.

Anyway, the taste of coconut shreddings and bananas is simply delicious. Coconut just goes so well with both cocoa and bananas. It's like coconut was designed to go with all the tropical foods, lol. (It is a saturated fat, so it adds the fat to the carbs and other flavoring agents to improve absorption, both taste and nutrient wise, making it taste rather good. Coconut shreddings by itself is actually not quite as good as when it's pared. Raw coconut meat is satisfying, but not particularly so.)

Anyway, continued working on the driveway. Got to a point where my body was like "No more" (Tamped down the existing layer and I loaded up 3 more wheelbarrows full), so I decided to hold off on the rest until this evening. My muscles are rather sore, so it's like they need rest or something. My biceps are rather sore and it seems like they've grown a bit, both up and out. Definitely seems like there's a bit more bulk when I flex. It doesn't really feel like my arms are stopping me (It's not like they hurt when I use them) from working more, it feels like just how I feel I guess. I speculate maybe the heart doesn't like being overworked, but that's speculation.

It seems that most of the rest of the driveway should have the necessary material by tomorrow evening, assuming my body can handle it. The only problem it appears I have left is what to do with all the extra. it appears I have like 3 cubic yards left over from the 12 I started with and it's sitting in the middle of my driveway, lol. Maybe I'll make the driveway a little longer, so I can get my RV within the proper property lines and fencing. I didn't think that was going to be important if I just went over the property line a little bit at the front because I didn't need any powerpoles, but with this guy selling the property over here about 75 feet down(I guess?), it's fairly plausible that power poles might be coming to town and that might cause an issue if they want to put a powerpole there.

http://texascorn.org/learn-more/corn-production/

2014CornProductionMap_MapOnly-300x285.png

That's pretty neat, looks like there's a lot of corn grown in Houston proper. It seems that the amount of corn grown in the "houston and surrounding areas" corresponds to the population size, not necessarily to the geographic suitability, suggesting my soil is just as good as anywhere in this area.

The other dark green block just NW of Houston is Waco.

And I just looked at Google Maps, and it appears Houston is a little bit closer to the Louisiana border and it actually has no corn production, lol.

So that dark block near the gulf is actually around Victoria/Edna about 120 miles SW of Houston (Edna is a small town), and the dark block NW of that is Austin, TX.

Hmmm... I wonder why Houston has so little corn production. I wouldn't think it's necessarily because there's no farms here (There seems to be a few), but I... just don't know. Seems that Hay production is big here, to feed the cattle.

And, looking at the driveway, it looks like I have more like 4 full days of work to get it ready to use. 2 full days to put all the right material in the right places (2nd day will be tomorrow), then another two days to remove the remaining 3 yards of material from the middle of my driveway and put it to the side, and to extend the driveway by another yard or so.

And, took another look in the mirror, wow, my arm muscles really are getting massive. I thought I was making a big deal out of a small difference, lol.

I think to improve the leg muscles, ideally I'd be climbing mountains, but I guess sprinting with weights will have to work. Think maybe I should be doing something like a modified shotput.

Anyway, they talk about how physical activity is low in the rural areas and that's easily true. Because, there's really nowhere to walk, lol. There's no parks, there's no school, there's no public bus, there's no grocery store, there's no library, there's no NOTHING you can walk to. You have to drive anywhere you want to go. (That's not strictly true, you could walk 2.5 miles on pavement to get to the mexican grocery, gas station and post office from here.) Yeah, so I'd say that's probably a big factor in the poor health of these "warm states" (The South), with their spread out cities, low physical activity due to few if no opportunities for physical activity other than walking around walmart, lol.

I'm not really complaining about that, as I'm purposefully getting in physical activity in other ways.

Well, there are several corn mazes in this area... suggesting corn does grow well here, I think? And they're all the same radius from the ocean as my location, so I think I can grow corn. I guess maybe corn isn't grown in large quantities here because it's not the most profitable location for corn growing. Or maybe Houston's economic specializations/niches are bit more well paying than corn production. That is fairly plausible, with what seems to be a fairly widespread wage level of $12-17/hour starting.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/360264-can-coconut-oil-heal-ear-infections/

Coconut oil and garlic for ear infections. I saw that at the grocery store, coconut/garlic oil. It was a mixture of coconut oil and garlic oil. I'm only mentioning this because it seems like I have pain coming back in my right ear. I really should go see a doctor to see if my eardrum is still perforated, but... don't really have medical here. If it wasn't perforated, I'd just buy that coconut/garlic oil and use it.

And this palpable sore pain in my right skull behind my ear might actually be due to ear bacteria, and not a muscle soreness like I thought.

And maybe it's all just muscle soreness, including the ear pain. The muscle is definitely sore leading to that point right behind the ear. It's interesting that the muscle could cause ear pain.

Okay, just finished up the tasks for the day. It seems, as of now, the mosquitos come out by 5:45 p.m. (Much of the woods becomes shady by that point), so ideally I'd get started with end-day tasks by 4:45 p.m. I started getting a headache, so I didn't clear the extra yard like I intended, but I did get the rest of the driveway tamped down, so I just need to fill in the side next to the ditch now and get it tamped down, and then removing the 3 cubic yards from the driveway and putting it in a pile nearby. Then removing the extra yard of brush, the topsoil, filling it in with clay, tamping it down and the driveway is 95% complete. Then, I need to ensure a crown/drainage to the best of the abilities and fill the driveway in where it needs to be filled, it'll become obvious where I need to fill it and improve drainage where the puddles form. So, assuming I recover well enough overnight, I could get it mostly done by tomorrow.

When I clear the extra yard, I'll need to cut down a nearby dead tree. Dead trees are a "falling tree" risk.

It's a tall tree, too, so this is bit taller than anything I've downed yet. This is the kind I might need to yell "Timber!!!" for, lol.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ice-raids-target-austin-texas-163840314.html

I find this ironic. Washington DC being at risk of losing federal funding due to its sanctuary status. Lol, Washington DC is defunding itself, lol.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, yesterday I saw a HUGE asteroid coming down to earth (or it just seemed that because it was relatively close) and I think it survived and landed somewhere. I was waiting for the "impact sound", lol, and was hoping I wasn't going to see flying debris, lol. (I didn't)

You, sir, are all frocked up. What did you do to earn the blue advisor title anyway? I can't find any ebike posts from you. Only wack food crap.

I really doubt that Justin would allow such absolute stupid and racist crap to be published under his name with his ok.

You are embarrassing to readers this forum, and I, for one, hope you get gone. :cry:

total dillweed if ever there was one.

nicobie said:
You, sir, are all frocked up. What did you do to earn the blue advisor title anyway? I can't find any ebike posts from you. Only wack food crap.

I really doubt that Justin would allow such absolute stupid and racist crap to be published under his name with his ok.

You are embarrassing to readers this forum, and I, for one, hope you get gone. :cry:

total dillweed if ever there was one.

Oh come on, please don't be so kind. Tell me what you really think of me?

Don't really know what you're referring to, since I admit the possibility the workers were legal.

Everything else about Houston, is pretty much fact. Until you've been here and seen as many local businesses I have, you have NO IDEA of what it's like.

As to the blue title, didn't ask for it and I don't really care about it. This color change happened half a decade ago in another life.

However, it does coincidentally accurately describe my food/dietary/health insights. Being a guru and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back