Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicobie, you can suck it dude.

Synopsis of the adventure so far:

Arrive, van breaks down ($1000 repair bill), RV takes 10 days longer than expected to find ($1000 extra in hotel bills), all the craigslist RVs are sold and I have to settle for a $1200 POS = BROKE.

What can you do when you're broke? NOTHING BUT MANUAL LABOR. Which is what I did, cut down a lot of trees and put them in a big pile.

Then summer comes along and I have a little money in the bank. What can you do when it's frocking HOT AND HUMID outside and there's mosquitos everywhere? NOTHING.

Cold weather doesn't come until Dec 5, and suddenly the mosquitos aren't there. Yay, build time! Not broke anymore, I'm actually rather rich, but guess?! NO TIME TO DO ANYTHING!

Sorry dude, it's been a combination of....

ALL THE TIME, NO MONEY
SOME MONEY, TOO HOT AND MOSQUITOS
ALL THE MONEY, NO TIME

Can't get much done until after the holidays, so nicobie, suck it.

And did I not say the mansion was a 5 year project? I don't know whose expectations I've been disappointing exactly, except some possibly stupid people who don't understand this thing called financial, temporal, thermal and entomological constraints.

First year out on my own property. Guess what? I'm not rich. Jeez, I wasn't gifted with a silver spoon in my mouth. I do, however, have ambition and foresight and unlike some pestilent ne'er-do-wells, I'm actually picking myself up from my bootstraps and I'm winning.

Hitler said it best when "Those who are superior and know they are superior will seize power and never relinquish it.". Except, in the american context, that often comes in the form of commerce.

Wasted about $40 of my valuable time on this POC, how short sighted can I be?!

I think about the HEB chick encounter, as much as I want to say she had ulterior motives, which she probably did, she was definitely emotionally moved in a seismic way when I made that move, that was definitely not "playing along". And, it was clearly something else she wanted, and it wasn't sex, lol, although she was probably horny too, don't get me wrong... but that brief look of extreme grief when I withdrew, as instinctual as the wobbling lips as I gazed deeply into her eyes, that wasn't the look of "Oh darn it, I'm not getting sex", lol, that was definitely love she felt like she was looking for her entire life and drawn away. So, yes, I definitely think she was moved in a natural way, and it wasn't /just/ manipulation on her part, although she was probably doing a bit of that too, using sex appeal to get what she wants. Hearing things like "Screwing the judge" makes me think some girls often use sex appeal to get what they want... (Like the dream house I mentioned in the craigslist ad...)

[youtube]rYEDA3JcQqw[/youtube]

Stars of his love leaves her breathless.

Selena Gomez's won't leave her love despite the pain he causes her because of those "breathless moments" (Morsles of love)?

And the HEB chick was definitely acting like she was trying to catch her breath (Breathless?) when I was peering deeply into her eyes.

Gazing into the eyes = love = breathless = breathless moments.

And, "rolling in the deep" == "go deep" = love. It is a deep feeling, not unlike the superficial disconnection during casual conversation with most people.

swbluto said:
Nicobie, you can suck it dude.

What do do you think he did? Why do you think Trollobie trolls? He gets off on you defeatedly saying stuff like that.

swbluto said:
Synopsis of the adventure so far:

Not to really defend him but he did make the point about PICTURES of what you're bragging about.

DAND214 said:
swbluto said:
how short sighted can I be?!.
Very.

As short sighted as you want to be. Have you ever heard of 'The Gap between Reality and Expectation?' We writers focus on that. Like I realize YOU thin a five year plan means you talk about it for more than 4 of those years and change your mind at the last minute, but. . . .

Meanwhile, I just wish Your writer had just thought to send you to Alabama for this senate election. I think even Trollobie would have been pleased. You could have been telling us about having been promised with H.E.B Jones support chicks but they never show up. (CNN keeps reporting that Moore hasn't lost yet.) I remember the CBS radio analyst talking about the trip home to see whose signs and bumper stickers were ahead last year but the network wouldn't let him report that. Your writer could been saying it was happening again and been counted as an Oracle. Just think of all the trolls around here losing their heads and how you had the opportunity to have them blame YOU. Not your writer, blame YOU.

I'm thinking for season two you should give up on this dull neighborhood and go somewhere more exciting: the Louisiana Bayou! The character who takes you for parts could become Scooter. You build a swamp romper, because you can't get one big fan you get a number of small ones. Instead of a dog you adopt an abandoned 'gator, its too big for a pet so they dump it off. And you keep talking' about making boots out of it if it don't start gicin' you those puppy dog eyes.

Oh, wouldn't Trollobie be beggin ' fer pictures. With tears in his eyes. Pictures that'll never come. . . .

[youtube]n7GyLr7Cz2g[/youtube]

That judge running for govenor claiming he bedded ove 50 very attactive women.

Hmmm...

Steve claims his exwife scewed the judge to get a judgment in her favor.

Is this judge running for govenor suggesting he bedded over 50 very attractive women for favorable judgments? How exactly is that supposed to help his platform? Oh look, a corrupt judge running for govenor, let's vote for him!

At least we know men in positions of power often abuse it when women flaunt their sex appeal. Not surprising. Monica lewinkski, anyone?

Power = sex.

Another way to look at it is that women will use sex to get what they want.

So you want sex? Have what women want.

And what do women want? It appears they want a beautiful house. Judging from which gender usually drive the sports cars around here, it looks like they want sports car more than guys do, lol. (I think that's because they're more status conscious, not because they actually like "powerful cars" more.) If your a judge, they want judgments in their favor, lol. (In stevie's case, that meant the house, so she want the judgment because she wanted the house. I guess you could say she used sex to get the house, probably by first marrying this steve guy, then after divorce, by screwing the judge. Coincidentally, it did seem I was suggesting a house right before the HEB chick was getting rather submissive to my will.)

Coincidentally, I did get that flirtatious comment from the latino after I directly demanded her email as opposed to her phone number. I feel like there's a better word for that... talking like you're the boss... or something. Girls seem to love the boss. Or, bossing a girl seems to turn them on.

And, the boss doesn't take no for an answer.

It does seem pretty instinctual to me that home = girl in your life. Not even something that I have to be taught, seems intuitive.

swbluto said:
That judge running for govenor claiming he bedded ove 50 very attactive women.

Hmmm...

Is this judge running for govenor suggesting he bedded over 50 very attractive women for favorable judgments? How exactly is that supposed to help his platform? Oh look, a corrupt judge running for govenor, let's vote for him!

At least we know men in positions of power often abuse it when women flaunt their sex appeal. Not surprising. Monica lewinkski, anyone?

Power = sex.

Another way to look at it is that women will use sex to get what they want.

So you want sex? Have what women want.

And what do women want? It appears they want a beautiful house. Judging from which gender usually drive the sports cars around here, it looks like they want sports car more than guys do, lol. (I think that's because they're more status conscious, not because they actually like "powerful cars" more.) If your a judge, they want judgments in their favor, lol. (In stevie's case, that meant the house, so she want the judgment because she wanted the house. I guess you could say she used sex to get the house, probably by first marrying this steve guy, then after divorce, by screwing the judge. Coincidentally, it did seem I was suggesting a house right before the HEB chick was getting rather submissive to my will.)

Coincidentally, I did get that flirtatious comment from the latino after I directly demanded her email as opposed to her phone number. I feel like there's a better word for that... talking like you're the boss... or something. Girls seem to love the boss. Or, bossing a girl seems to turn them on.

By your said plan, you will have what she wants in about 5 years :lol:

I think you need some rest, Since when can't you spell? Two words in one sentence.

Dan

DAND214 said:
By your said plan, you will have what she wants in about 5 years :lol:

I think you need some rest, Since when can't you spell? Two words in one sentence.

Dan

If I were to plow all my cash into a home, I could build a proper 1500 sq. ft. home. But, since this would be my first time building a house, I don't want to start off too large, want to make huge mistakes on small houses so I don't make them on large ones, lol. And the first iteration will be designed to scale.

Was using laptop kb, the 'r' button doesn't work.

I want to plow my cash into an investment of some sort, I just don't know what yet. I figured the roman inspired villa, but arsonist concerns deferred that idea. So I'm looking for something else to plow my cash into, now my thoughts are running RV park.

And the property I thought for sale, wasn't.

And, I also thought I should have an RV park on a "main road" of sorts, not a neighborhood. Yep, so the property prices just got a bit more expensive, thinking of how I'd finance that without bank loans.

I was thinking thru the marketing plan because I need to have a comfortable solid idea of how I'd effectively market a business before plowing money into it, right.

So the question became... how do people try to find an RV park? Or simply find one?

And the answers I came up with weren't all that encouraging for my original plan.

They'd look on google maps...
Near bodies of water.
Near landmark attractions.
Not podunk towns like the one I'm in, lol.

Do they look on craigslist? Doesn't seem like they normally would.

They'd look on google near major towns/cities. They wouldn't look near podunk towns in the middle of nowhere, lol. I.e., they'd look for "RV park near conroe" or "RV park near houston" or some such. No one would ever type in "RV park near [tiny town no one has heard of]".

I don't think they're looking in rural connections flyers or print publications like the wanted ads.

They'd remember seeing an RV park along a highway they've driven down and look there for one.

So, yep, the viable properties list got much narrower and the minimum land cost just got a bit higher, lol.

I was thinking maybe I'd swing an offer to my parents. Buy the land, give me a 99 year lease, I'll pay the taxes and all the improvements on the property, and you guys get free access to the RV park whenever you want for as long as you want, and give me the option to buy out the land overtime (With the intention of doing so).

I'd probably be more comfortable building my villa on the RV park property, lol.

Why? Is the RV park fireproof?

swbluto said:

But we all know that in court --- "That what they ALL say!"

swbluto said:

You've never heard of people voting for the most corrupt candidate? Ever heard of Richard Nixon, Lyndon Johnson, Barack Obama?

swbluto said:
women flaunt their sex appeal. Not surprising. Monica lewinkski, anyone?

Ack! is THAT what the H.E.B. chick looked like?

swbluto said:

Nor does Mike Tyson. Your point being?

swbluto said:
It does seem pretty instinctual to me that home = girl in your life. Not even something that I have to be taught, seems intuitive.

I have a 2,700sq.ft. home. To your logic, I should be able to have them in shifts. But unless I want to settle for---er, let's not discuss the type---well, hard to have one over worth having over. Sure do hope Crystal never remembers where I live.

swbluto said:

I have a 2,700sq.ft. home. To your logic, I should be able to have them in shifts. But unless I want to settle for---er, let's not discuss the type---well, hard to have one over worth having over. Sure do hope Crystal never remembers where I live.

If I were to detail the nature of this variable, it'd be necessary but insufficient. Then again, the tow truck driver was telling me of this guy who knocked up his (Daughter? Niece?) and they don't have an apartment or home, so I guess it doesn't really need anything. I think it /really/ takes is a male hunting down his quarry. What does hunting entail?

Finding. (Literally, go out and start talking to girls. You might find some that are also looking.)
Locking the quarry in your sights. (Eye lock phenomena)
Going in for the kill. (Moving in close, tempting her, escalation)

With the finding thing, I personally found plenty that were looking, but the HEB chick was the first one that really piqued my interest. And, I don't know really know why though I suspect maybe disreputable reasons... but is it really disreputable, I wonder? I think about how nature works, and I don't think sex appeal is something that's entirely abnormal, seems like how it's supposed to work. Just that I get the impression she was a ho looking for a place, lol, and Chris Brown told me don't trust those hoes, lol.

As much as I tell myself I can't really trust her, I just can't help the thought I'd love to be around her, lol.

In particular, I don't think I'd trust her with my cash and her routes to possession of (a potential) home. I don't honestly know why I should need to?

I'm finding that wives earn about half of lifetime earnings. So, if they are a leech and the male is the sole breadwinner, the wife essentially earns half the income by being his playtoy. A more equitable arrangement would be equally earning males and females, but the male:female income ratio in Texas is A LOT higher than in Washington state. Seems males often earn twice as much as their female counterparts, here.

At the time during the honeymoon, it sure didn't feel like it needed a home at that particular time because we'd find a way to make it work! And with the tow truck driver guy knocking that girl up without a home or apartment, I bet they were thinking the same thing; They were going to find a way to make it work. Or they might've not been thinking, hormones and the heat of the moment gets the best of you. Seems like it was getting the best of the HEB chick, seemed like she was getting really antsy about the fact it couldn't be consummated then and there. Or was that her getting antsy that "her promise to a place to stay" was leaving her? It's hard to tell, lol, because it almost seemed like I was both to her and "her looking for a place" didn't even cross my mind at the time.

Steve tells me he was shot across an open field by someone who couldn't be seen on his farm.

He suspects an illegal jumping off a train was involved.

Well, I suppose that's an "advantage" of the forest. They have to be close to shoot me, and the dog lets me know if anyone is getting close!

I want to put up privacy fencing in the back to remove all lines of sights in the back. Seems like the creep has been going in my back now that the front is protected by dog, as I can tell by often enough nearby gunfire when I'm back there.

I don't know if I want to put a pool in here, seems like I might be interested in finding a better place. Ideally, a place with commercial potential, so I think I'll be looking.

This guy, my neighbor, has a son that comes from puerto rico (Has a lot of problems, she told me) and he apparently recently moved from Chicago. Oh.... south chicago, I'm guessing, gangland USA, you say? Well, that explains a lot why he seems to be threatening me for no damn good reason. Gang territory, he certainly acts like he's drawing the boundaries with gunfire and territory encroachment.

I wouldn't be concerned about this issue with a courtyard house because the courtyard would be protected, but arsonist concerns... damn. lol

Do not get offended or sensitive but someone who know's how to use a rifle with a scope forest or no forest could shoot you from over a quarter mile away. Just sayin,lol.

slacker said:
Do not get offended or sensitive but someone who know's how to use a rifle with a scope forest or no forest could shoot you from over a quarter mile away. Just sayin,lol.

uhhhh.... the forest is too thick here to see more than 100 feet in. Tons of leafy underbrush.

I know the forests up north don't have as much underbrush if any, I used to live at 45 degrees north.

Anyway, I noticed steve brings up the topic of murder a lot. Not sure why. If it's a predominant part of his thought processes because he's lived in Houston (Or maybe just his type, being picked on what seems like most of his life... getting shot, popped in the nose by a random black dude for no (obvious) reason, etc.), or if he wants to kill me, because both are fairly possible reasons. He calls Houston murder capital and he claims houston proper is worse than here, lol. Well, if that's the case, time to amscray back to Spokane! lol. Is there a safe warm zone anywhere in the USA? lol.

If a random black dude popped me in the face, he'd get his face smashed into the ground! It's be an instant kneejerk reaction of lion like ferocity. Maybe that's why no has tried... they'd know what would happen, lol.

While patching up the hole in my tire with JB weld, the neighbor came rushing thru the back of the forest about a minute later and my dog started barking on him. I never saw him, but the timing tells me it was the neighbor who saw me on camera and they knew I'd be out there a little while. So, this person seems to be looking for an opportunity to 'strike', whatever the hell he's trying to accomplish.

Active hostiles. That'd be DEFCON Delta. My defenses, however, are at DEFCON Alpha level, lol. Alert dog is my first line of defense, lol.

Yep, think my property is going to be evolving into vietnam war grounds, lol, what the hell.

I wonder if there's a good way to hide a camera in the forest.

I guess I'll look around for a good hidden camera.

Dauntless said:
Why? Is the RV park fireproof?

Because the area where the RV park would be wouldn't be in a neighborhood of impoverished ne'er-do-wells who resent upper status privilege and use arson to express discontent. While walking thru Tomball walmart one day, one 40s women was commiserating with her friends about her house burning down. The friends replied, "But the land has value, right?", lol. Yep, so need fire insurance.

The one upper class household here is notably made of brick.

I think the resentment would be more about "That poor 30 year old living in a broken down RV for a year owning a mansion", vs, some elderly couple who worked their entire life for it. And, well, my "neighbors" to the left appear to be f'ing dicks.

Hmmm... mill creek estates... looks like another effective "no restrictions kind of place"... but much closer to todd mission and not likely a mexican enclave given how close it is to the main road. There's no real benefit to todd mission in terms of commercial availability, but it's closer to magnolia and it's where that smoking hot babe was spotted! lol.

I'm just looking around for potential commercial properties for an RV park. Looks like I might be looking at $80,000 for 3 acres of prime commercial real estate and it's right next to an existing RV park. Judging from satelite, that RV park looks completely full, that's a good sign.

uhhhh.... the forest is too thick here to see more than 100 feet in. Tons of leafy underbrush. Infrared?

slacker said:
uhhhh.... the forest is too thick here to see more than 100 feet in. Tons of leafy underbrush. Infrared?

Infrared camera might work.

I think I'd rather move somewhere where I don't have to deal with this mexican crackhead BS. Wouldn't have to waste as much resources on protecting myself, and the next property might even have income potential. Plus, I wouldn't get the "I'd never live there!" crap from girls. The only people that live here were the desperados during the great recession (mostly retirees), and now the current wave moving in is illegals trying to hide from the government. I'm not the only one whose noticed the quickly turning into a barrio, my nearby neighbors and steve (notably, the non-mexicans) have definitely mentioned it disgruntingly. For those people in white neighborhoods, they don't really experience the problems in mixed neighbors so they have ivory tower philosophies regarding equality and all that, but you live in one of these neighborhoods, they hate the white man and they are just out to get you, especially the chicago-originating druglords who are already well versed in violence.

The other major demographic is crackhouses hiding from the cops. Illegals and crackheads hiding from authorities, and desperado retiree fallout from the Great Recession.

I only bought this property because it was a segue into houston I could afford and the online demographics didn't look bad. But, the online demographics probably were heavily weighted by the ranchers with serious acreage, who are predominantly white, so it gave a misleading idea as to the suburban developments in the area.

JB weld did not hold on the tire, it broke off and the leak resume. Emptied the tire (This time removing the valve, much faster), applied some rubber cement and will try again tomorrow. I saw that the tire repair kits use rubber cement, so I'm hoping it'll work.

DAND214 said:
swbluto said:
JB weld did not hold on the tire, it broke off and the leak resume. Emptied the tire (This time removing the valve, much faster), applied some rubber cement and will try again tomorrow. I saw that the tire repair kits use rubber cement, so I'm hoping it'll work.

You forgot the rubber plug.

Dan

You mean those kits that have the reamer and plugs? Yeah, I don't have one of those around here, have to get to walmart first, lol. Hope when I go and get there, I can make it back. Need to bring along a generator to power my air compressor, which I might do early tomorrow. Or tonight.... It's a slowish leak, so if I fill it up, it should last at least 15 miles which should get there, then filling it back up there, should be able to get back. Seems like when the tire is riding on completely empty, is when the tire self destructs.

I think I've learned if you're a single vehicle person, you better live near a walmart, lol. You need two vehicles to live anywhere else, lol.

If the leak is in the sidewall you have to patch it from the inside. If in the tread you can normally plug it. Plug it and ride is the normal way so it can melt together. You could plug it at Walmart if you can find the leak in a position you reach.

Good luck with the plug. :lol:

Dan

DAND214 said:
If the leak is in the sidewall you have to patch it from the inside. If in the tread you can normally plug it. Plug it and ride is the normal way so it can melt together. You could plug it at Walmart if you can find the leak in a position you reach.

Good luck with the plug. :lol:

Dan

Yeah, it's in the smooth groove between the sidewall and the tread on the side, so I think that'd count as sidewall? So I have to take the tire off? Bugger.

Looking at the reviews at...

[youtube]BMozV33QF4w[/youtube]

...I guess I'll just take it up to the tire place tomorrow and ask them to change it out with the spare I have. And then I need to order another spare. Once it's off, I can try my hand at patching it at my leisure using the guidance found on this page. Looks like a plug is recommended?

I would just do it myself, but since I don't really have all day and I'm pretty sure they're A LOT MORE effective at removing and putting back on car tires than I am, lol (Pain in the ass), I'll have them do it, lol.

It'd be nice to have a spare tire on a spare rim around. Then I could do it myself. But, I don't have a spare rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back