Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to go to the courthouse monday to see if I can accelerate the title search. Would like to start clearing the property ASAP; each week I'm on line electricity, is $45 I'm not spending on gas for the generator.

Plus, mosquito free season is quickly escaping me... invaluable opportunity to work outside.

Dauntless said:
Oh, your Yahoo group might be a support group for failures.

Ahem. Just because some asshole superior decided "This town ain't big enough for the both of us", doesn't mean I'm a failure. A true failure is someone who COMPLETELY GIVES UP. Did I do that? No, because failure is not an option.

Jeez, a failure being someone who fails to gain the approval of their "superiors". That's the worst definition I've seen.

Gaining the approval of ladies? Here's a secret... you gain their approval by NOT SEEKING THEIR APPROVAL.

swbluto said:
Lol, what? You seem to think I go around gunning people down for pleasure or something? lol.

Hey. YOU are the one talking on and on about your neighbors trying and trying and trying to hunt you down, acting like they're so inferior. You type would succeed, eh? So once your brains are blown out, you'll know you're in the right place.

swbluto said:
Ahem. Just because some asshole superior decided "This town ain't big enough for the both of us", doesn't mean I'm a failure.

So he deletes your posts as not failure enough. You're not making a good impression with your responses.

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
Lol, what? You seem to think I go around gunning people down for pleasure or something? lol.

Hey. YOU are the one talking on and on about your neighbors trying and trying and trying to hunt you down, acting like they're so inferior. You type would succeed, eh? So once your brains are blown out, you'll know you're in the right place.

Lol, you think every neighbor is out to get me or something? These neighbors happen to be a "street gang" comprised of illegals, a demographic that commits crimes at twice the rate of natives, nothing more or less. And not to mention all the natives illegals have gleefully killed, need I reference news articles in this vein? Not every neighborhood has one of those, and this new neighborhood I'm moving to definitely doesn't.

And... there's a country store on my block. Literally, just a walk to the store for something.

swbluto said:
Lol, you think every neighbor is out to get me or something? These neighbors happen to be a "street gang" comprised of illegals, a demographic that commits crimes at twice the rate of natives, nothing more or less. And not to mention all the natives illegals have gleefully killed, need I reference news articles in this vein? Not every neighborhood has one of those, and this new neighborhood I'm moving to definitely doesn't.

You'll find someone to accuse in the new neighborhood.

In my old neighborhood, there were no problems. I could stand outside with whatever comportment I freaking felt like, and there was noone crawling thru the nearby forest within close proximity firing their gun trying to intimidate me. You know why that was? Because it was a /white/ neighborhood embedded with American cultural norms. Now certain neighborhoods of houston with third world latin american country cultural norms... woah... you're in for a treat.

I purposely chose this area because it was close to the main road and close to the police station for a reason. Part of it was travel times, but also the other part was law compliance. (The other part was I didn't want to travel miles on roads that could go to complete crap)

In these neighborhood that are nestled deep into the woods and far from police, suddenly people think the law doesn't apply because no cops nearby. When law doesn't apply, people get tempted... especially people who need money... In this new area, nope, not the case at all. I would actually say in this particular area, about 9 out of 10 households are "peaceful" and "not blatant violent criminals", including the illegal families... it's just THAT this particular one I'm next to hosting 20 extended relatives isn't. Shouldn't be a surprise, more people, more criminals among us. Especially the 20-something illegal males kind of people.

You act like I go around creating enemies on purpose or something. Jeez. I'm not inimical and antagonistic as far as I know. The only thing that dissuaded these guys to some extent, as of recent, is getting a gun.

It is interesting to note in this "Cheapest lots for this part of houston" neighborhood I'm currently in, it does seem like "male failures" is a trend. Seem to converse with them with ease. But they're in their 35th year of working life, I'm in my 3rd, so very different points, incomparable.

I do have the relative benefit of having experienced a severe recession. Have a "savings" attitude to an nth degree that previous generations don't seem to have nearly as much. Seems typical of my generation, savers. Plus, I've always been like that... a little tycoon in those boardgames. I'm aware of the difference between depreciating assets and appreciating assets and income-producing assets and allocate dollars accordingly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanvardi/2017/07/18/the-30-year-old-texas-tycoon-who-is-building-a-real-estate-empire/#1928a9fa594e

The 30-Year-Old Texas Tycoon Who Is Building A Real Estate Empire

Paul's World Class Holdings, which he started building in 2007, has $1.2 billion in assets, according to a document obtained by Forbes. That portfolio includes 120 properties in 17 states from California to New York, but most are in economically vibrant Texas. World Class Holdings owns 10 million square feet of commercial real estate that ranges from office space to retail to self-storage. And although he once bid $800 million for Manhattan's Plaza and Dream hotels, Paul is no Texas Trump--he doesn't own a single trophy building and his name is not on any of his properties. "My assets are not sexy," the 30-year-old says proudly. "I mean, I own lots of storage. But I love my assets."

Self-storage is where it's at.

RV parks, duplexes, apartments, rental homes, storage units.

What other kind of rent-seeking improvements are there?

And this guy obviously had deep-pocketed backers somewhere along the line. Especially since it was started at the very beginning of the real estate crash.

And most of his holdings is where he resides, Austin. I do get the sense there's a lot of money flowing in Austin, though you wouldn't surmise it from the podunk suburban neighborhoods. Maybe that's suggestive of income inequality: There's lot of money flowing among Austin's top 20%. Developer jobs in Austin making $114k suggests that much.

And as I was saying.

From the beginning, Paul set out to build his portfolio as an operator and an investor. In order to buy, he hit up his obstetrician father's buddies, charmed high-net-worth individuals, and then landed pension and insurance money.

He networked with his doctor father's friends, who were probably mostly fellow doctors, and raised money from them.

That seems to be a common thread of these "really successful young people". They have parents in high places and take full advantage of that. Such as Bill Gates having his mom on the IBM's board of directors. And who did IBM ask for an OS from? Microsoft.

He would spend hours studying foreclosed properties, building data sets that included appraised values and loan balances, then head down to the county courthouse on the first Tuesday of each month to see how the auctions turned out.

Foreclosures and tax sales, I might be interested in checking that out.

His specific strategy:

Paul specifically searched for distressed opportunities and rolled more of his own accumulated capital as the deals kept coming. In 2011, he bought a $19 million defaulted mortgage on a 180,000-square-foot shopping center outside of Minneapolis for $3 million. He foreclosed on it, took over operations and proceeded to lease the vacant retail space.

Seek and find distressed properties, acquire it, rent it out.

And the benefits of self-storage:

Around the same time, Paul started putting a lot of the money he raised into self-storage. A deeply fragmented industry, storage has become popular with institutional investors that see it as recession-resistant and a cash-flow machine.

And his particular self-storage business execution strategy:

Paul's storage playbook included slapping a fresh coat of green paint on a building and clearly branding each facility with the Great Value Storage name, boosting sales with an online reservation system and installing revenue management that would adjust prices based on demand. Eventually, Paul held 35,000 storage units at 69 sites across the nation. "It's a lot like multifamily housing," he explains. "Yet because a lot of people don't have the expertise in running it there is a disparity in value. We know how to run them better."

graph1930-19391.gif

Looking at this more closely, trying to spot any similarities to the current suspected crash.

So, during this things crash, there's a sharp decline, then a small pullback, then a sharp decline, then a small pullback, then a sharp decline... and so on... until it bottoms out.

That seems to be what's happening now, we're in the middle of the pullback now. If there's another sharp deep decline, that confirms the pattern.

I do actually wonder why that's the case.

I wonder if the behemoth institutional investors don't sell off all their stock at once because it'd immediately crash the stock prices, so they do it in large bursts. This would predictably lead to the "sharp decline" saw-tooth pattern you see with the great depression, so I suspect.

The part where yahoo is trying to convince everyone "it's only a correction, best time to buy" is essentially the behemoths trying to "pullback" the price readying for another large stock dump.

And interestingly, it looks like the price pulls back for roughly 2.5-3 months after trough, then declines again.

If that same pattern holds (No reason to think it would, but it might if their playbook hasn't changed), then the next large decline would happen somewhere in mid-april to mid-may. Local trough was on Feb 8 at 23860.

I wonder if there's an option where I can wager a small amount of money and make a ton off of predicting a decline?

If income inequality is the largest reason for the greatest pickup in mass shootings recently, then we'd expect a pickup ever since 2009. Can we find evidence in this vein?

It's my theory since I know from personal experience, you're barely making it, you're vicious. Then when you are, you aren't. That simple.

The great depression made germans as violent as they were probably because they were barely making it in their daily lives.

Then the french before the French Revolution, were barely making it with the wheat shortages.

Nowadays, ironically, we don't have food shortages but WE DO HAVE food allocation shortages. People who can't get food because they don't have the money after paying rent/car/cell, not because there's not enough food grown in the USA. And low income means just that.

And you put an 18 year old on the streets with part time minimum wage jobs in places like Florida, they're barely making it, and that makes them vicious.

Ok, so... back to finding that evidence...

great recession shootings

http://evonomics.com/the-connection-between-a-poor-economy-and-mass-shootings/

unemployment.png

Oh, look, they peaked precisely when the national unemployment rates peaked in 2002 and 2009-2010.

Really, if they want to drill to heart of the issue, they should really be looking at sub-30 male unemployment rates and income levels vs local rents, and apply it to the local level. But, this graph is good enough to confirm the link. Individual economic malaise -> mass shootings.

HERE IT IS. My suggestion that income inequality, especially among low-income young male adults post-great-recession, is the main driver in mass shootings as of late.

https://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2015/12/31/mass-shootings-in-the-u-s-what-makes-so-many-american-men-dangerous/

55-500x357.png

See how it has SKYROCKETED since 2009. Yep, that proves it. The Great Recession and the resulting unemployment and income inequality is the main driver in mass shootings.

The implication being that if income inequality wasn't that bad, like much of europe for example, there'd be a lot less mass shootings. But, what is this place? AMERICA. A culture of selfish rapacious greed and a government that enables it is what leads to it.

And the HEB chick... how did income inequality manifest in her particular case...

sexual viciousness...

A sexual troll...

Cocktease.

I think I can get away with a 6 foot privacy fence in the area. Doesn't really seem like an area where I'm trying to prevent active shooters from shooting me. But, of course, that's something I'd expect to learn sometime AFTER I move in, lol.

Assuming my generator is the main problem, then I think there probably won't be any major issues being on line electricity. So, I could probably get away with a 6 foot fence.

Those are cheaper, 1.50 for 6ft. vs 2.50 for 8ft.

WOW... just found out that even though the county describes the property as ".32 acres" and prices it accordingly, it's ACTUALLY .55 acres just like all the other properties in the area.

Holy shit, I got myself A DEAL!!! lol.

(I was measuring it to see how far I'd need to stretch the tape measure down the road to mark my property corners.)

Now let's hope the county doesn't wise up and tax me accordingly... lol...

Now I have enough acreage to seriously feed myself, yep. And turn pretty much my entire income into savings, yep.

Is it me... or I have been getting really lucky over the past 2 years?

I'm thinking there might be opportunity in that... finding those mismeasured properties and making offers on them.

In town, saw a house I'd estimate to be 15x20, about 300 sq. ft.

Interesting, I intend for mine to be 20x26, about 520 sq. ft.

And situated on a property worth about $12000 I paid $4500 for, that's quite a deal.

Properties down there are going for that much because they're close enough to the high paying job centers...

Which is precisely why I bought a property in that location... (Plus, close to a nearly full featured town.)

I've noticed something...

In my old upscale neighborhood, you got this feeling like you're walking through a boulevard of dreams. It was as if the houses and landscaping were design as if to capture the imagination and dreams of their respective home owners, and you can feel the exuberance in the time of the era. Essentially, those people dreamed.

Then driving down this way and seeing someone living in a motorhome, I saw a car labeled "realist".

Hmmm...

I wondered...

Do the dreamers tend to achieve more because they aim big?

And these so-called realists stay "grounded in squallor reality" because they're "real". (Others might call them pessimistic)

And what have many a successful salesman done but to sell dreams? Whether a stockbroker or pretty much anything else...

The next time I get called a dreamer, I'll take it as a compliment. :mrgreen:

------------------

now let's see if we can root this suspicion in research.

optimist pessimist income site:gov

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2842951/

The most consistent associations between life orientation measures and socioeconomic indicators were observed for the pessimism subscale: higher pessimism levels were associated with lower income and education in a graded fashion. In general, higher levels of optimism and lower levels of pessimism were also associated with greater physical activity (statistically significant for optimism subscale only), non-smoking, diets richer in whole grains and vegetables, lower BMI and less diabetes mellitus. In all cases associations were most consistent for the pessimism subscale.

That's right, optimists/dreamers tend to be healthier, lower bmi, not-smoking, higher income, higher education and higher physical activity.

And I'm not the exception to that, not recently anyway, nope.

Good observation of the females in a club environment.

Unfortunately, young people do 65% of their thinking with their private parts when they're looking for their "soul mate". On any given weekend, in any given club there are hundreds of beautiful women, all dressed up and decorated to attract, bait, lure and capture their prey. The quantity and quality of their war paint application is key to identifying the Chameleon, Observe and take note of which are paying for their own drinks and which are jumping wallet to wallet, take note of the flirts and the women who work the room. These are your attention (wh)..ores, girls with esteem issues, confidence issues, women who can't function without approval and validation. These ARE NOT the women you want beyond the weekend so don't get attached. They're toys and, if you invest in them, you're going to regret it, one way or another. COUNT DRINKS !!! If she's downing four drinks in an hour, RED FLAG!! You should also bypass the woman who claims to be "one of the guys" and has very few, if any, female friends. She's ok if you happen to be looking for a weekend romp, with dude sporting a nice rack and the bedroom manors of an inmate from cell block C. If she's at the club and always on her cell phone talking, texting or posting s**t....... instant reject. If she suggests her kid(s) or even slightly mentions the ex.... you're just buying someone else's train wreck. You want the woman that is there because she got bored at home, needed a break from the books and isn't too eager, but still entertains interaction. Then walk...... let her find you.

And this part...

take note of the flirts and the women who work the room. These are your attention (wh)..ores, girls with esteem issues, confidence issues, women who can't function without approval and validation. These ARE NOT the women you want beyond the weekend so don't get attached. They're toys and, if you invest in them, you're going to regret it, one way or another.

Is the HEB chick! I don't really understand, if this kind of girl is just like me, then why shouldn't I fall in love? He doesn't really explain why "you're going to regret it".

The other doctor, though, he mentioned they tend to have multiple men lined up, for all that validation they need, lol, so something like a whore.

And... I still have NO IDEA where the club is in Houston. I'm just going to guess "they" primarily use bars/taverns here.

I think it's curious he "calls them toys" and how many other men think that... leading them to be treated in such a way where they don't believe they're worth anything, thus the self-esteem issues.

"I can't make a guy stay, what's wrong with me?"

Well someone named "anonymous" said I was a winner/keeper. But, I think they may have mistakened me for a female, which is what I suspect their comment is based on, lol.

How many girls are going around some guy is a "keeper"? lol... I'm not sure if I have ever heard of it...

Well, I'm seeing the phenomenon in google.

All I was commenting on is how to recognize "love". I could see how a guy reading my description believing I was a girl would lead them to say that. Because... I did not make references to money, lifestyle, etc., the materialistic insecurities that guys /typically/ have. And I don't blame them, I've seen many articles by women suggesting "If he doesn't have a job, keep walking" or "He doesn't have a plan, keep looking".

Anyway, while in the lake city, I came across this late-40-something gal that locked eyes for a split second.

Hmmm...

She reminded me of the HEB chick. Just her facial structure. I don't know how to describe it, she kind of looks like an elvish pixie, lol.

It's curious seeing how her 40-something year old version was re-enacting that one afternoon in July. And, no, I did not initiate it. And, no, a pairbond was not seared.

It seems I must be strongly sexually attracted/aroused for the eye lock to sear a strong sexual pairbond into the mind. And looks alone are not attractive enough on their own. I must fall in love with their personality first.

swbluto said:
I wonder if the behemoth institutional investors don't sell off all their stock at once because it'd immediately crash the stock prices, so they do it in large bursts. This would predictably lead to the "sharp decline" saw-tooth pattern you see with the great depression, so I suspect.

Institutional investors are well known for that, you need to do some research and learn about the stock market for real before you start this risk. Of course you won't, you want to believe you can make it up as you go and often you'll guess wrong.

swbluto said:
I wonder if there's an option where I can wager a small amount of money and make a ton off of predicting a decline?

It's called shorting the market. You pay a fee, sell someone else's stock, then buy them a replacement when the price is either up or down. Of course you have choose correctly to keep from losing money, let alone making any. When Bunker Hunt tried to corner the market in silver and drive it up, there was the guy who counter invested and made a bundle. Seems that by selling everyone else's silver he kept the unmet demand up, then the price actually fell and they had a margin call that Hunt couldn't meet and sold his silver at a low price. That's when our boy bought back for his obligations, he made money, Bunker lost it.

swbluto said:
The great depression made germans as violent as they were probably because they were barely making it in their daily lives.

Germany was a violent place more than a decade before the Depression. The German army walked off the battlefield and went home to protect their families. Such a story there that we're never taught in American history, they pretend that Hitler somehow rose up and caused all this rather than him thinking he could control what was already going on and use it to Germany's advantage.

There was a book published in England in advance of the French Revolution where the guy basically predicted it would happen well before it actually did. I think that means he had your 'Power' of foresight to believe that something that makes it harder to prevent something instead CAUSES it. So he made the same sort of mistakes you do.

Meanwhile there is more than enough food produced in America, plus food imported from places that need it, but there's the spoilage and waste problem. Overall there's more than enough food produced to feed everyone, but it doesn't always arrive where it's needed. It's just different than the pictures you're always trying to paint and you never bother to try to get the real story.

swbluto said:
But they're in their 35th year of working life, I'm in my 3rd, so very different points, incomparable.

Yeah, for you to get to that 3rd year, you had to get to be almost the age of those in their 35th year. You have a lot of catching up to do before you get to be compared to THEM.

swbluto said:
I purposely chose this area because it was close to the main road and close to the police station for a reason.

Short walk home?

swbluto said:
. . . .there was noone crawling thru the nearby forest within close proximity firing their gun trying to intimidate me. You know why that was? Because it was a /white/ neighborhood embedded with American cultural norms. Now certain neighborhoods of houston with third world latin american country cultural norms... woah... you're in for a treat.

You act like I go around creating enemies on purpose or something. Jeez. I'm not inimical and antagonistic as far as I know. The only thing that dissuaded these guys to some extent, as of recent, is getting a gun.

Umm, you waved that gun in their faces?

swbluto said:
Do the dreamers tend to achieve more because they aim big?

And these so-called realists stay "grounded in squallor reality" because they're "real". (Others might call them pessimistic)

And what have many a successful salesman done but to sell dreams? Whether a stockbroker or pretty much anything else...

The next time I get called a dreamer, I'll take it as a compliment.

You're forgetting that 'Dreamer' means 'Illegal Alien Leech.'

So many brag of being a 'Survivor.' I have always complained at being to busy being a survivor to get beyond it. Survivors aren't winners, are they? I say a realist is someone who realizes they have a ball and chain on their ankle that this daydreamers only think they do. So the daydreamers are mostly doing worse than those realists you're putting down. But they tell themselves they'll do all this just as soon as they shed that ball and chain that they're not wearing. The realist may be wearing a ball and chain that IS the daydreamer, but at least they're held back for real. And are at least trying to deal with it. Here there are people in government talk about all these promises for the DACA program but can't be bothered to honor commitments to Americans. All so relevant.

Meanwhile, I saw this cartoon in 'New Yorker' where the guy steps onto the subway train and asks if it can get him where he wants to go ". . . .No questions asked?" I know the feeling after the way they pulled the rug out from under me on that credit card for NO REASON! Where does the line divide the daydreamer who can't be bothered with day to day life and taking care of things and the realist who has to make his decisions knowing the truth is out there?

swbluto said:
And the HEB chick... how did income inequality manifest in her particular case...

sexual viciousness...

A sexual troll...

Cocktease.

Oh, get a life already. You want to talk like you're looking at the real world but you keep on about THAT?

swbluto said:
. . . . I think they may have mistakened me for a female, which is what I suspect their comment is based on, lol.

How many girls are going around some guy is a "keeper"? lol...

He's been looking for a guy he can make his 'Woman.' I'm not sure he's mistaken about that, you sure carry on like a little girl.

And having seen the men some of these women keep I'm not sure that's a compliment when they say it. . . .

My social identity is a little girl, hmmm...

You might be onto something there.

I love how long and soft my hair is, but no doubt does it "look like a girl". (It's down to my shoulders now)

And I was swinging my basket yesterday like a happy little girl (Because I was, I just scored a deal! .55 acres for the price of .2 acres.).

If my spirit animal is a little girl, and the HEB having fallen in love turned into an excited little girl making those exclamations of joy...

Soul mates.

-------------

Husbank. Seems like an oddly fitting term, considered that researchers seem to think guys aren't marriageable until they reach that $40k/year income.

Seeing that guy's comment guide on youtube about "how to be a good girlfriend"....

Makes me think girls do seek money from guys (Either for a purchase or asking them to purchase something) and guys do seek sex from girls, as par for the course. Guys grumble about them asking for money (As can be inferred from all the suggestions in his guide), just as girls grumble about them asking for "sexy time", lol.

Funny I say that, though... the HEB chick sure didn't seem like she was grumbling, lol. The opposite if anything. Actually seeing that in certain videos, an enthusiastic girl as opposed to one "going thru the motions", wow that really hits the spot.

Sometimes I like to flatter myself with things like "I really turned her on", but another part of me thinks she might've been a whore. But, I actually do know how to turn [some] girls on, so I guess maybe I shouldn't readily assume the latter.

Dauntless said:
Umm, you waved that gun in their faces?

Literally the only possible thing might've been the walking up and down my block with a machete. I wasn't anywhere near their residence, though, so why they would interpret as "a threat", I can't imagine. So I assume they're simply violent drug people.

I figured out why, despite me and other part time workers feel the affects of varying market demand throughout the year, I'm so much wealthier than them.

We both feel the troughs in market demand, them thru low hours and me via low weekly revenue.

We both feel the peaks in market demand, them thru nearly full time if not over-time hours, and me via high weekly revenue.

But, the key difference in the case of demand peaks, is that their income is limited by the amount of hours they can work and their wage rate.

My income is "limited" by the amount of orders I get.

Essentially, my peaks in market demand ARE NOT LIMITED.

And, wowzers, did I make a killing this last christmas, lol.

So yeah, you wanna become rich, start a profitable business and take full advantages of those peaks in market demand an hourly employee/salary employee can not.

I think hotels specialize in this "peak market demand" phenomena. Most of the time, hotels seem like they can only 1 out of 50 rooms occupied anytime I've travelled. I thought, "what a waste of construction".

But, then I thought about those times when I couldn't find a hotel as all the hotels are booked...

And, then I thought, "Oh, that's where they make their money, yes indeed."; conferences, local events that attract out-of-city visitors, even oil boom times in places like Fargo, ND.

Yesterday, a pack of loose boxer dogs were making their way down the road, and they came near my property where my dog is staked, and since another dog attacked him, I was concerned he might get ganged up on and got ready. (One of the boxers) He was approaching my entrance so I cocked my shotgun, which the dog heard and he perked his ears, then he bolted like "I'm getting the HELLLL OUT OF HERE!". lol

So, he's heard that sound before, I'm guessing. lol

My dog isn't afraid of the sound. He hasn't learned to associate it with evil.

Pair of woodpeckers pecking at a nearby dead tree. Looks like they're stripping the bark off the tree.

Explains those "naked" dead trees.

While at home depot yesterday, saw some simple little blinds that looked attractive but were priced at $1000. What... the... hell... I couldn't figure out what about them, in terms of material costs, were worth anywhere near $1000. I figured I must be ignoring something important, like quantity. Maybe you get a pack of 50 or something, I dunno.

"Demand" seems like the only plausible explanation.

Saw a similar phenomenon with the exterior doors. The attractive set was priced at $4000 vs. $1000 for a very comparable set, in terms of wood, glass and iron costs. I figure they're just jacking up on the price on the most attractive options because some are willing to pay it, probably with home loan money.

Saw that a tub and water heater would cost around $500. Yep, that's what I need.

Then $720 for washer/drier, or $768 with the space saver types. They're sized about 2ftx2ft each.

For now, all I really need is the bathtub and water heater. I'll get the other appliances as needed.

Bathtub was 5 feet long and 2.5 feet wide. Looks like I'd have to build a wall enclosing the bathtub on all sides but the entry side.

Toilet was $100 and about 2.5 feet long.

(Noting dimension for bathroom design planning)

And then city water is $1200. Interesting, don't think the water pipes here are $1200, it's per foot.

Don't know if I want city water, seems like I could get away with well water. I'd have to attach a large tank to the water heater to ensure it was well supplied thru the year if I did that. I could get the tank pressurized, or I could hoist it into a tree for gravity pressure.

----------------------

Learning about showers/baths.

A low-flow showerhead uses about two gallons a minute, or 20 gallons for a 10-minute shower. A standard showerhead uses 2.5 gallons a minute, or 25 gallons for 10 minutes. Either way, the shower saves water – as long as you don't go past 10 minutes.

Oh, interesting. In the civilian world, I'm the "hollywood shower" kind of person, about 30-45 minutes. So that's about 75 gallons for 30 minutes. [That's the term they'd use in bootcamp to describe the types that use the shower excessively, they promoted the 2-3 minute kind of showers. Probably because freshwater is limited on a ship during long deployments.]

What about a bath?

https://water.usgs.gov/edu/qa-home-percapita.html

A "full tub" varies, of course, but 36 gallons is good average amount.

Ok, so I'd be looking at a 40 gallon water at the bare minimum, or 50 with a little cushion.

Interesting to note, I'd be using a lot less water with a bath vs. my hollywood showers, lol.

And the use of daily bath would up my fresh water use from 1.5 gallons a day to 40 gallons a day. Omg, I would be approaching first world water usage rates of 100gallons/person/day.

Spent an extra $3 in gas today to go to the Goodwill, and found suitable jean pants, jean longsleeve shirt(They only had one) and hat for $14. This compares to the total price at Walmart being $44. Of course, the only downside is it's just one size off with the pants and shirts (Size too large), but that's no big deal. Got a headnet for the brim hat. With leather gloves and applying the peremetrin to the shirts and pants, that's going to be my best mosquito protection I can get while being as cool as I can possibly be without directly applying chemicals to my skin. Full suit mosquito netting holds in the heat pretty well, easily leading to overheating just standing there. Cotton seems to be my best bet, and denim for the toughness required.

Looks like 7-11 a.m. will be the operating hours now that it's getting humidly warm and sunny outside, except the "cold" days.

Since there's very few trees I'll be taking down since the few there re MASSIVE PINES that would likely land on the neighbor's fence or the powerlines, it'll be pretty straight forward to clearing enough land for house construction. So, probably won't take that long. Looks like mostly young saplings, so bunch of yanking, for the most part. It's actually kind of odd how it's mostly lots of young saplings and just a few REALLY MASSIVE trees. Makes me think it was cleared at one time. I'd expect a lot more midsized trees but there almost seems to be none. The saplings are probably 5-10 years old, putting the suspected clearing date around then.

Seems like "cute young girls" looking my way is a definite trend.

It's just too bad with the HEB chick... I just can't really tell if I'm approaching the wrong age kind of person with them appearing young, lol.

While at home depot, spotted tropi-cool, a white silicone coating that can be applied to the roof for sun reflection (Keep the house cool), and provides mold resistance... two HIGHLY DESIREABLE attributes for this area. The only downside is that it turns the roof white... lol... so I guess I'll take a look at images online.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1438&bih=809&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=lN6JWumzKoTosAWdn72YDA&q=silicone+coating+roof&oq=silicone+coating+roof&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i8i30k1l2.30287.34131.0.34402.21.17.0.0.0.0.277.2227.0j11j2.13.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..8.13.2220...0j0i67k1j0i24k1j0i30k1.0.JshKn4ZcwHE#imgrc=_

Seeing a bunch of white flat roofs...

Don't see a lot of house roofs...

Ok, found one.

silconhouseroof.jpg

First impression, doesn't look bad. Looks like it recently snowed, lol.

I wonder how well this would mesh with an all white exterior paint.

An almost completely white house with a white picket fence and white painted backyard fence.

I saw almost no one painted their backyard fences... lol... bunch of grey decaying wood and the occasional red cedar...

I wouldn't let a painting opportunity go to waste myself! lol.

The area I'm moving to is "fast growing" and it definitely has more decent neighbors. Maybe not exactly "natural friends", but still decent neighbors, not the malicious ill-willed kind. I get the sense talking to that one guy, these guys have more effective semantic/social memory and semantic/social cognition. It's what I kind of observed about the "wealthy kids" during those christmas meetups my parents went to, except I didn't have a name for it, and not really a concrete concept.

https://www.google.com/search?q=white+house+with+white+roof&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9t6Oaq7DZAhVQQq0KHdpQDC8Q_AUICigB&biw=1438&bih=809#imgrc=_

White-Modern-Roof-Designs-For-Houses.jpg

I actually think I REALLY LIKE the look, lol.

But fudge, I like white house with blue roof even better, lol.

I noticed what makes an all white exterior more appealing, is good color contrasts. Purely white is somewhat boring, but paring like as in this photo looks pretty good.

housewhitblueshuters.jpeg

Vivid blue from Valspar

And... got my first mosquito bite as of Feb 18.

Mosquito free season is from Dec1 - Feb18.

Basically, when the katydids start making noise (They did around Feb15), the mosquitos are happening soon.

Looks like asphalt singles, with underlayment, are about 80 cents per sq. ft. while white corrugated steel is about $1/sq.ft, so it appears asphalt with silicone coating and white corrugated steel would be comparably priced.

I'd probably prefer the asphalt option with silicone, because I'd assume it's more effective than white steel at heat deflection.

Think I'd need vents in this area. Think fan in the window is my best bet for staying ventilated, a proven technique.

It's interesting that the sunny warm mugginess is coming back and the mosqutios are here, then look at Spokane right now, and it looks like it's in the 20s all week. (19F right now)

Almost seems like a whole another world.

swbluto said:
I figured out why, despite me and other part time workers feel the affects of varying market demand throughout the year, I'm so much wealthier than them.

We both feel the troughs in market demand, them thru low hours and me via low weekly revenue.

We both feel the peaks in market demand, them thru nearly full time if not over-time hours, and me via high weekly revenue.

But, the key difference in the case of demand peaks, is that their income is limited by the amount of hours they can work and their wage rate.

Yeah, but THEIR parents just might buy them a new mattress at the Presidents' Day sale. You'd be lucky to get the old one, but you wouldn't have a place to put it anyway.

swbluto said:
. . . . I cocked my shotgun, which the dog heard and he perked his ears, then he bolted like "I'm getting the HELLLL OUT OF HERE!". lol

So, he's heard that sound before, I'm guessing. lol

He's from YOUR neighborhood, I guess.

swbluto said:
My dog isn't afraid of the sound. He hasn't learned to associate it with evil.

You'll get him there. . . .

swbluto said:
He's from YOUR neighborhood, I guess.

Ahem. "My neighborhood" happens to be the best neighborhood I can afford that can be found on the market about 2 years ago. First year in the work world, it's somewhat amazing I could afford anywhere.

Looking forward...

Looks like it's going o be the best neighborhood I can afford that I can find via property maps. Cherry picking properties and mailing property owners is SOOO MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE than taking anything that's on the market. Not only can you often get it cheaper, you can often get THE CHOICE PROPERTIES.

"One man's garbage is another man's treasure" as the say.

This 70-plus year old living in a ritzy city neighorhood thinking this lot I'm buying is a "piece of crap"....

LOL...

THERE'S WORSE! MUCH WORSE!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back