Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, look, a wooded 2 acre lot up in a place about 70 miles east of new york city for $2000.

I got my .55 acre lot about 16 miles away from one of the hearts Houston for $4500, and about 6 miles from a substantial town. (They would ordinarily go for about $10,000, but the seller didn't know the actual market value of her property. Plus, it was gifted to her...)

I'm wondering if this county would be a place with "permits" and "regulations" that DAND is telling me about?

Those regulations and permits, and their enforcement, might interfere with my ability to "camp out in the woods and go build a house" plans, lol.

Thinking about for a possible summertime retreat, lol.

Might be nice to be close to the city of sluts, lol. That's really the only motivation I can posit for myself, lol.

JUST KIDDING! I AM NOT LEAVING THIS PLACE!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=city+of+sluts&oq=city+of+sluts&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60j69i57j69i60l3.1634j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Interesting, San Francisco is also a "city of sluts" according to a study.

The wealthiest cities bringing out the slut in girls... who would've predicted that? lol.

[But if I were more introspective and honest with myself... the wealthiest cities brings out the slut, or sex-seeking stag, in guys, who then inturn brings out the slut in girls.]

https://archives.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/06/15/san-francisco-is-a-city-of-sluts-study-finds

Another interesting finding: While the men and women of San Francisco are mixing it up quite a bit, they apparently aren't deriving much joy from their encounters. Only 70 percent of San Franciscans reported they were satisfied with their sex lives, the lowest satisfaction level in the survey.

Not too surprising. The more common it is, the less valuable (And thus satisfying) it seems to be. Although 70 percent doesn't sound bad, lol.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/trojan-us-sex-census-finds-sexual-diversity-and-satisfaction-on-rise-123803499.html

Researchers find residents of metropolitan centers like Los Angeles and Houston are having the most sex per year, 135 times and 125 times respectively

There goes my "city of bible thumping prudes" theory, lol.

How the hell is so many hooking up so much with absolutely no one (in this area) having no local knowledge of where the club is? lol

I almost suspect its the houston married primarily among the white demographic.

Seems like I'm noticing that often enough. Attractive 18-20-somethings becoming soon married after making their public appearance in the work environment.

I think the HEB chick was much like that, actually. I suspect that she probably got out of school like a week earlier, July 1. Except, she was probably 16 I think, lol.

That's interesting...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/24/men-in-their-prime-may-never-return-to-u-s-workforce-fed-paper-says/

The participation rate of prime-age men — those 25 to 54 years old — has steadily decreased in the last half-century. As of January, 89 percent of prime-age men were in the labor force, down from around 97 percent following World War II, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That includes people who are working, or are unemployed and actively looking for a job.

That agrees with what I noticed of Spokane, a bunch of harems everywhere in the workforce, leaving large swaths of unemployed males.

I wonder how the participation rate of prime-age women has trended...

https://statusofwomendata.org/earnings-and-the-gender-wage-gap/womens-labor-force-participation/

Labor force participation rates also vary by age. Among women, rates are highest for those in their prime working years (aged 25–54); after increasing between 1960 and 1999, however, the labor force participation rate of women in this age group decreased nearly three percentage points between 2000 and 2014 (the labor force participation rate of men aged 25–54 declined by more than three percentage points during this time; Figure 2.6)

Well, it's gone down as well by 3 percentage points from peak.

But, looks like it went down less than the male prime age participation rates.

So, males suffered more than females. That agrees with my observations, and my observation of all these idle-handed young male spree killers in recent years. In truth, I doubt we'd ever see female spree killer trends from a declining participation rate, so males acting out like they are now is really the only way to tell.

More to the point of all these UNDER 25 MALE SPREE KILLERS with the great recession... The precise reason WHY...

The labor force participation rate for young women (16–24) reached its high point in 1987 and declined more than nine percentage points between 2000 and 2014, while young men’s labor force participation rate declined by more than twelve percentage points, reflecting the longer time this generation now spends in education and also a weak labor market during the Great Recession and in the slow recovery for many young adults.

Everything's fair in love and war...

is an allusion to... if young males aren't economically able to engage in love, they will engage in war.

I think it's a trend that has always existed stretching back many millions of year. Civil war brought upon due to resource limitations, mainly instigated by aggressive young males. Just that this time, they have much more effective weapons at their disposal.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/1db7854c-cc36-31ef-beeb-541e213d1da9/ss_millennials-are-snapping-up.html

Millennials are snapping up homes

Well, this is what I was alluding to... millenial home ownership rates will be picking up with the lowering in down deposit and income requirements for mortgages... and is the primary reason for the construction boom in Houston my mexican neighbor was telling me about being the reason he can't build a house on the lot he purchased this year...

And in about 10 years or so, will lead to a real estate crash not unlike the previous mortage lowering standards did with the "suprime mortgage" debacle and resulting "mortage crisis".

So, save up now... play this soon happening stock market crash wisely...(load up on triple long etfs at trough)... then sell at peak, then when real estate crashes, start loading up on properties. Coastal land tends to be more volatile, more upside. Particularly the west coast.

I think within 3 years of the trough of the stock market will all be a good opportunity to load on the triple etfs... the stock market tends to climb slowly right after a crash...

For buying coastal land... I think I'd start mailing offers to the property owners en masse... bet you I'd find a lot of willing sellers at a good price...

I wonder what Belinda Carlisle is alluding with this "Heaven is a place on earth" jazz...

[youtube]NOGEyBeoBGM[/youtube]

Does Bruno Mars have an answer for us? I think he does.

[youtube]NtJPRhoqWcM[/youtube]

What was that eye lock like that generated that strong sexual pairbond?

That was pure comfort and bliss. Oh.... just like heaven...

It's interesting how intertwined these distinct concepts are.

Comfort women.

https://www.range365.com/six-best-home-defense-shotguns

Whatever pump you choose, note that it’s often said that an attacker will stop whatever nefarious deed he’s doing and flee at the sound of a shotgun merely being pumped. Trouble is, this tip was gleaned from bad Sylvester Stallone movies, not the real world. The reality is that you never know what a criminal will do, so the last thing you should do is go into a confrontation with an unloaded gun. The better bet is to pump it smoothly after your first shot

It's what the boxer did! lol.

He perked his ears and soon fled like a bat out of hell after hearing that action getting pumped, lol.

I think it's funny someone thinks that the real estate market is going to crash soon.

Certain locations will likely be affected by a NASDAQ crash (Say, san fran), but I don't think the entire real estate market will be severely affected.

I don't think it's reasonable to assume that the boom bust cycle for real estate is 9-10 years long. 18-20 years seems more likely. Now the stock market? Yep, almost every 7-9 years, excluding oil-driven or other essential commodity driven recessions.

I especially don't think it's going to crash since millenials are JUST STARTING to hop onboard with the mortgage market. I don't think the bankers are going to want to get just a handful of millenials in their tangled web, they want as many as they can, for all that income they can tax via mortgage interest, and all those properties they can acquire thru foreclosure.

swbluto said:
Certain locations will likely be affected by a NASDAQ crash (Say, san fran), but I don't think the entire real estate market will be severely affected.

So time has proven you wrong about San Francisco and the like, they never really crash when others do because you're thinking logically and home ownership is an emotional market. If it's bad enough that Boston loses half, outlying areas will lose well over half. In SoCal places like Palmdale the houses become unsellable because as the prices fall in the more desirable, simply for being closer to where people want to be areas, people with equity end up walking away from the houses they can't get rid of.

swbluto said:
. . . . it’s often said that an attacker will stop whatever nefarious deed he’s doing and flee at the sound of a shotgun merely being pumped.

Great moments in family history. Early in the 20th century my great grandmother remarried and went to the city, but it didn't work out and in a few years she was back on the land in remote Southern Texas. And things had started going on her absence, even if she still had people managing her cattle.

So the altercations had begun, the Texas Rangers at last knew where the bad guys were hanging out, so they could count on being rounded up. Except they had other ideas.

So these guys weren't quiet about riding up to the house and they woke up great grandma. One reason those old westerns were so popular back then is things were still a lot like that. She ran to the door with a double barreled shotgun but she smelled something and didn't make it outside. When she came to she was expecting to find her sons who where there to work the land would be dead in their beds, but they'd been woken by the shotgun going off as she fell. There was no more old west shootout, the shotgun being fired was enough to set them running, they were counting on whatever chloroform or whatnot to do the job for them and they fled.

A Texas Ranger and others died on her land in the process of stopping these guys. If they hadn't succeeded in knocking her out my grandmother might have saved a few of those lives that night.

And I still doubt a boxer understands what the cocking of a shotgun is.

swbluto said:
That agrees with what I noticed of Spokane, a bunch of harems everywhere in the workforce, leaving large swaths of unemployed males.

I wonder how the participation rate of prime-age women has trended...

Participation in WHAT? Those HAREMS you're talking about? The unemployed males include the surfboard blank makers who are out of work from the restaurants taking their place. SO I'm not really in the average categories but the job place changed for me, too. Yeah, I'm worrying about there ever being real employment for me ever again.

The left wing only cares about the bullied WHILE they are bullied. It's not about people to them, it's about the left wing having a narrative. The armed guard in the last shooting didn't accomplish anything, now did he? When reinforcements came they guarded the parking lot while the shooting inside continued.

Okay, we all know you are one of the most likely here to be the next, what do you think would keep you and certain other trolls here from ever lashing out that way? Never mind the 'Low wage worker' nonsense, the millions of them rarely do that and now all are those low wage workers. What will really be the difference between you being arrested for using the shotgun and merely waiting for them to come take it from you?

And do you know how long it took the county to wrap up the paperwork and give me the surety deed to my house? How did you get yours before 2019?

Dauntless said:
Okay, we all know you are one of the most likely here to be the next, what do you think would keep you and certain other trolls here from ever lashing out that way? Never mind the 'Low wage worker' nonsense, the millions of them rarely do that and now all are those low wage workers.

Lol, whatever! There appears to be plenty here more dissatisfied with life than I am!

But, for those susceptible to it (i.e., impoverished teenagers in highschool and college), here's one trick they wish people like you knew you knew.

STOP THE HARMFUL TEASING YOU F*CKING A$$SHOLE!!!

Okay, did I spell it out loud and clear enough for you? Good, that's what I was trying to achieve.

Lucky for you, I'm not susceptible to it, because I got mine and I'm the man. And I'm not in highschool anymore.

Those poor people just out of highschool or college and can barely afford to live?

They don't have theirs.

And do you know how long it took the county to wrap up the paperwork and give me the surety deed to my house? How did you get yours before 2019?

Is it even worse in California? Weird, i didn't even know the county was supposed to give me a deed to begin with, lol. I don't even know if I have a deed, though my neighbor seems to think I probably do. Got it from the title company in all the paperwork they sent me... supposedly.

I apparently have a "warranty deed".

And what's wrong with my having a shotgun for home defense, which I clearly need being around murderous illegal mexican druglords who have REGULARLY MADE ATTEMPTS ON MY LIFE?

If I was planning an attack of some kind, it wouldn't be a shotgun.

Okay, so...

I used to play with medieval weaponry in my teenage years and I like bows and arrows and inventing weapons.

But, it's been a long time since I've done anything like that and my hobbies are now almost exclusively about BECOMING RICH.

But, if I were to attack a large group of people like the las vegas shooter, here's what I would've thought about.

Either like a shotgun pipe array on a board loaded with larger ammo that could make the distance.

Or some kind of large cannon that could launch a high number of sabbots.

The idea being some kind of widearea effect proportional to the "shooting window" containing the targeted crowd.

The reason being because as soon as you start shooting...

People are going to run and disperse...

So you want to maximize your count as much as possible within the first 10 to 20 seconds.

Get as much lead down range over an area as possible.

An ar15 in automatic mode is not the worst approach, but it's not the theoretical best.

Again, just a theroetical critique of the las vegas shooters approach because I'm always about critiquing approaches that haven't reached maximum efficacy. And, maximization is something I do in wealth building, business and programming, so it's just a way of thinking for me.

For the parkland florida shooter, I would've thought about maximizing the penetration capability. For a long hallway like that packed with students, you want a bullet that's going to go through as much bodies as possible.

Now, a high powered 22 isn't the worst approach when it comes to bullet momentum and penetration... but it's certainly not ideal...

I'm thinking an automatic 50 bmg of some kind. Like the kind they use in military helicopters.

Well, here's some talk about a bullet that will stay intact and pass thru.

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/ammo/ballistics-test-best-300-win-mag-loads-market/

According to http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15 , looks like 223 remington (Ar15 ammunition) is capable of 9.5" in gelatin. According to the game bullets above, those are capable of 27.5" penetration in gelatin. So, these ar15 shooters might want to think more about penetration in packed hallway scenarios.

I still think an automatic 50 cal of some kind would be best.

The ideal would be a cannon because that'd pass through many tens of people without stopping.

So, that implies the heavier higher energy rounds are going to be more effective for packed hallway scenarios.

I'm thinking something like this, fmj for bullet integrity.

[youtube]dCoFvH8zQYI[/youtube]

This is also a 22. Should be 50 cal... but I see they have .308 versions.

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:

So time has proven you wrong about San Francisco and the like, they never really crash when others do because you're thinking logically and home ownership is an emotional market. If it's bad enough that Boston loses half, outlying areas will lose well over half. In SoCal places like Palmdale the houses become unsellable because as the prices fall in the more desirable, simply for being closer to where people want to be areas, people with equity end up walking away from the houses they can't get rid of.

I'm not talking about a real estate "crash", per se, but I am talking about a decline in home prices. Just as 2 bedroom home prices were able to reach millions of dollars from a mere several hundred thousand dollars, they can go back down. They have before. Land prices can definitely go back down, people don't have an emotional attachment to land like they do houses.

In fact,I can guarantee they will, at some point, as interest rates rise and assuming local wages top out at some point.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting.html

He spent much of it in a subdivision called Pine Tree Estates, on a lush, narrow street dotted with tropical plants and the occasional driveway basketball hoop. Mr. Cruz and his brother, Zachary, had been adopted, and were raised largely by their mother, Lynda Cruz, especially after their father, Roger P. Cruz, died suddenly in 2004 at the age of 67. Ms. Cruz died in November, and people who knew Nikolas said he had taken the loss hard.

Wow, nikolas was 5, when his father died at the age of 67?

When did they have children... 60 years old?

Could imply the presumed genetic abnormalities.

There's a reason why guys go after the younger girls... healthier germlines...

I'll have everyone know my mom was 20 when she had me, so everything is genetically normal over here.

No matter how young the mother is it doesn't ensure genetic normalcy. Getting older doesn't have that much chance of causing problems. Nor is 'Genetic abnormality' present in everyone who goes nuts.

swbluto said:
I apparently have a "warranty deed".

That may be the term, I don't remember. Funny name. I'd forgotten about it altogether by the time it came.

swbluto said:
There appears to be plenty here more dissatisfied with life than I am!

But, for those susceptible to it (i.e., impoverished teenagers in highschool and college), here's one trick they wish people like you knew you knew.

STOP THE HARMFUL TEASING YOU F*CKING A$$SHOLE!!!

Okay, did I spell it out loud and clear enough for you? Good, that's what I was trying to achieve.

Lucky for you, I'm not susceptible to it, because I got mine and I'm the man. And I'm not in highschool anymore.

Naw, that never works. Usually just makes it worse. Usually you have to let them have it worse than they ever manage on you. As I've demonstrated myself so good at and wind up with them tamed. As you recall. What settled my life down growing up was when there were enough people who started saying 'Doug may let you talk for a little while, then he'll get tired of you and you'll wish you'd shut up.' Really takes the wind out of the sails, eh?

swbluto said:
Either like a shotgun pipe array on a board loaded with larger ammo that could make the distance.

Or some kind of large cannon that could launch a high number of sabbots. . . you want to maximize your count as much as possible within the first 10 to 20 seconds.

Yeah, my concern is for the guys like you who THINK AHEAD. There's two types to consider in profiling, quite simple really. There's organized thinkers and disorganized thinkers. Disorganized are purely impulsive. Often no real thought to walking away at the end. Organized thinkers are far more successful at it.

The scary thing in taking away the guns is when they use bombs, etc. Oklahoma City, et. al. Much more effective. Such as Andrew Kehoe, an electrical engineer when he blew up the Bath Consolidated School in Michigan in 1927. He'd intended to flatten the entire school but not all his bombs worked and 500 pounds of explosive wasn't touched off. He killed his wife and bombed his own home as he left for the school, arriving after the bombs had gone off. He then touched off the explosives in his car to kill 5 more people, himself included.

So why did this guy decide to blow up the school? Was it the high taxes he so often complained about? Was it the spending of the school, for him he was school board treasurer? Was it that he lost the election for city clerk? This is a guy who shot a neighbors dog, didn't just cock the gun. He beat one of his horses to death because it "Didn't perform" as he hoped. He was suspected of causing the explosion that killed his stepmother, but he was present and put the fire out and almost saved her, not a clear road to guilt. But he'd received a notice of foreclosure on his farm some 10 months before the bombing, not sure if the matter had been settled at the time of the bombing as he was still there but he started buying dynamite a few months later.

I feel like I'd have a much better chance against a guy with a gun. There was the law firm shooting a decade or two ago where the cheap Tec 9 Uzi knockoffs both broke and kept down the guys' death toll. So people want to ban the guns that saved lives that day and instead direct the shooters to more effective weapons. Intelligent, eh?

swbluto said:
But, if I were to attack a large group of people like the las vegas shooter, here's what I would've thought about.
bla. Bla, bla,....

For the parkland florida shooter, I would've thought about maximizing the penetration capability. For a long hallway like that packed with students, you want a bullet that's going to go through as much bodies as possible.....
....bla. bla...bla...
I sure hope you do not have access to any weapons, .....im concerned even that you might have an axe :shock:
Its this kind of mindless mental drivel that leads to these horrific situations.
Hopefully the FBI or someone have a "wordwatch" monitoring system running on this forum that can pick up these open thought trains , then maybe they can offer you some free accommodation and prevent you prolonging this thread, saving us from any more of this drivel.!

Hillhater said:
swbluto said:
bla. Bla, bla,....

For the parkland florida shooter, I would've thought about maximizing the penetration capability. For a long hallway like that packed with students, you want a bullet that's going to go through as much bodies as possible.....
....bla. bla...bla...
I sure hope you do not have access to any weapons, .....im concerned even that you might have an axe :shock:
Its this kind of mindless mental drivel that leads to these horrific situations.
Hopefully the FBI or someone have a "wordwatch" monitoring system running on this forum that can pick up these open thought trains , then maybe they can offer you some free accommodation and prevent you prolonging this thread, saving us from any more of this drivel.!

Naw dude, I'm just bored. Raining all day and I'm locked inside because the entire area is flooded, so here I am on my computer with nothing else to do. So, just entertaining myself with intellectual exercises.

Bombings. If the Oklahoma city bombing was indicative of their potential, it definitely seems more efficacious for maximizing body count.

Depends largely on the building too, I'm guessing.

Taller buildings are more vulnerable than spreadout flat ones.

And you're promoting a 1984 world?!!

THOUGHT POLICE.

Btw, that police force actually gauged intent, not merely curiosity-satisfying thoughts that were thought of during periods of boredom.

Mindless drivel doesn't lead to these kinds of situations...

Motivation. Motivation from young guys who "don't got theirs", and the great recession had a way of increasing the number of young guys who "don't got theirs".

I see they have 50 cal conversions for the ar15. And the magazine is 5 rounds. Isn't the standard magazine 30 rounds? lol.

Looks like they do make a handheld 50 cal, beowolf 50. This would probably have some serious penetration power.

[youtube]KM15mdgWG-Y[/youtube]

Looks like 45-70 is suggested as a comparable alternative with better availability.

[youtube]88M-VD4NdkY[/youtube]

Boy, lots of refunds coming back, definitely above average refund request rates. I suspect that the recession is starting. Someone just mentioned that their order just got cancelled, which was mine to them was cancelled. How many times does that happen? Never, actually.

Or it could just be a coincidence.

But then there was that guy asking me, as if urgently, to share some business with him. That's never happened either.

Asking for work is a common thing during recessions.

Yep, people are having excellent weeks, so maybe it's my imagination. I've always been of the opinion need to have 3 solid weeks before coming to conclusions.

If there's a recession coming, then house plans are getting scaled back. Things like front porches are eliminated, which does seem too bad since that seemed like a defining part of that picture's charm. And, doesn't seem like it could be "easily added" later, since the roof trusses reach to the end of the front porch.

Definitely still getting a driveway installed, with a proper culvert.

I shorted bitcoin at 14000, and it's now at 9600. I gave it a timeline of 2 months to reach down to prespeculation levels of 2000, so sometime by the end of april.

And reading that 322 bitcoins were taken from a marijuana dealer in texas in 2014... and my neighbor telling me a major pot operation was busted in this area sometime ago... I'm suspecting it might've been him, lol.

That tells me that he was selling the pot online and probably shipping it.

25 Hot wife needs more cock. Weekday meetings only, condoms too. I need my pussy and ass licked and frocked. Send pics and info. You have to host.

I actually believe this advertisement. Because, the HEB chick was hot and she seemed horny as hell, so I believe this is a definite trend. Hot girls are horny critters who want sex. And assertive, oh yes, this girl and the HEB chick both were. The idea that both this girl and the HEB chick are hoes is also not hard to believe...

What's that saying...

You can't turn a ho into a housewife...

lol

And she says she's unhappy...

Hmmm...

Isn't that a common characteristic of the once-a-week hoes? They're often depressed critters.

Oh cool, looks like there's going to be an HEB within 10 miles of my new location I'm moving to within... who knows how many months... sometime in 2018 is what I'm guessing.

Looks like HEB is going to be back to being my goto store sometime in 2018, lol.

It was my store until krogers opened, now HEB is opening a closer location, so it's going to be HEB again, lol.

I would definitely go to that HEB because it's the closest source for organic bananas. The smaller grocers in town don't sell organic bananas.

Oh, a fall 2018 opening. Perfect. Only 4-5 months after I move.

Anyway, it'll be cool when this one opens, because it'll put me into contact more with "the locals" of the town and surrounding areas, which is the kind of people I'm interested in meeting.

Well, looks like a probable email harvester. I guess it's not real, who would've thought. :roll: :lol:

Seems like so many people and things remind me of the HEB chick, lol, even if I definitely don't think they're REALLY identical. lol

swbluto said:
Dauntless said:
. . . . what do you think would keep you and certain other trolls here from ever lashing out that way? Never mind the 'Low wage worker' nonsense. . . .
. . . . attack a large group of people like the las vegas shooter. . . a shotgun pipe array on a board loaded with larger ammo that could make the distance. . . some kind of large cannon that could launch a high number of sabbots. . . some kind of widearea effect proportional to the "shooting window" containing the targeted crowd. . .So you want to maximize your count as much as possible within the first 10 to 20 seconds. . . maximizing the penetration capability. For a long hallway like that packed with students, you want a bullet that's going to go through as much bodies as possible.

Now, a high powered 22 isn't the worst approach when it comes to bullet momentum and penetration... but it's certainly not ideal. . .I'm thinking an automatic 50 bmg of some kind. Like the kind they use in military helicopters. . . here's some talk about a bullet that will stay intact and pass thru.. . looks like 223 remington (Ar15 ammunition) is capable of 9.5" in gelatin. According to the game bullets above, those are capable of 27.5" penetration in gelatin. So, these ar15 shooters might want to think more about penetration in packed hallway scenarios. . .I still think an automatic 50 cal of some kind would be best. . .The ideal would be a cannon because that'd pass through many tens of people without stopping.

So, that implies the heavier higher energy rounds are going to be more effective for packed hallway scenarios. . .I'm thinking something like this, fmj for bullet integrity.

I ask how to STOP you from killing and you offer up your deep thoughts on "Maximizing efficiency" when you DO attack. Sounds like a proposal for your Masters thesis

swbluto said:
Naw dude, I'm just bored. Raining all day and I'm locked inside because the entire area is flooded, so here I am on my computer with nothing else to do. So, just entertaining myself with intellectual exercises.

Bombings. If the Oklahoma city bombing was indicative of their potential, it definitely seems more efficacious for maximizing body count.

Depends largely on the building too, I'm guessing.

Taller buildings are more vulnerable than spreadout flat ones.

swbluto said:
Hillhater said:
Hopefully the FBI or someone have a "wordwatch" monitoring system running on this forum that can pick up these open thought trains. . . .
And you're promoting a 1984 world?!!

THOUGHT POLICE.

Btw, that police force actually gauged intent, not merely curiosity-satisfying thoughts that were thought of during periods of boredom.

You haven't read the book, have you? Winston Smith was selected to be ENCOURAGED to express his dissent as an excuse to take him in to the TRAINING PROGRAM for his PROMOTION! He was supposed to think he was living happily ever after at the end. Instead he was fantasizing that someone would shoot him.

swbluto said:
25 Hot wife needs more cock.
I actually believe this advertisement.

That's why they sent it to you. They know you will.

swbluto said:
Might be nice to be close to the city of sluts, lol. That's really the only motivation I can posit for myself, lol.

swbluto said:

Once again, you make no sense whatsoever.

Dauntless said:
I ask how to STOP you from killing and you offer up your deep thoughts on "Maximizing efficiency" when you DO attack. Sounds like a proposal for your Masters thesis.

Lol, well, I've already offered up sound suggestions based on standard practices, internationally and in the military. And AGAIN, you don't have to worry about ME, lol. I'm more like the guy who is "joking around with it" to scare people (Like, a bully), not the cruz guy who's actually making legit threats and carrying them out. There's a big difference.

Possible suggestions:

-----------------

Reduce the number of possible entrances, put armed guards at the entrances of vulnerable targets (schools).

Of course... some schools will likely need to be redesigned to achieve this "few entrances" goal. In the meantime, they're pretty vulnerable.

------------------

Ban guns. Ban bombs while you're at it. lol.

Don't really know if this is politically practical, but seems like most of the lone wolf perpetrators go thru legal channels, so gun control would likely be effective if /strictly/ and /fully/ enforced in all possible ways (like, no "gun show" loopholes).

I would actually encourage something like not allowed to own a gun for upto 3 years after completing school, because school seems to be the greatest association with motivation. School difficulties are highly associated with subsequent sprees, most had behavioral or school problems of some kind. [And guess what, I didn't!]

Columbine weren't "lone wolf" perpetrators, but all the copycats they inspired seem to be.

------------

Improve the economy.

Get the mortgage money flowing again, and get that young male participation rate back up.

Encourage cultural expectations that put priority on male employment opportunities over females, like the 1950s. When girls go missing work, they live with parents or move in with a husband, when guys go missing work, they get aggressive and some of them commit mass murder. So, encouraging ample male employment opportunities bodes well for societal welfare, at least in that respect.

To say that these shootings are a symptom of a "sick modern culture" that betrays the healthy values of old... might be onto something.

A man's place is in the workplace, the women's place is in the home.

And... you know what...

I've noticed that churches and schools are the most common targets.

That's interesting, because they are very similar. They are both comprised of "the neighborhood", with the social dynamics therein. Relevant dynamics in this particular context being things like bullying,shunning, harassment, harmful teasing and ridicule.

Holmes targeting the theater...

Think maybe he was looking for a productive vulnerable target. And his motivation was...???...

On May 22, 2012, Holmes purchased a Glock 22 pistol at a Gander Mountain shop in Aurora. Six days later, on May 28, he bought a Remington 870 Express Tactical shotgun at a Bass Pro Shops in Denver.[78] On June 7, just hours after failing his oral exam at the university, he purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P15 rifle.[71][79]

Oh, see, an academic motivation. I wonder if he thought someone was trying to fail him because THEY DIDN'T LIKE HIM...

On September 28, court documents released by prosecutors say Holmes was revoked access to the University of Colorado campus because he threatened a professor.

Oh, there we go. That professor who failed him was because HE DIDN'T LIKE HIM and so he threatened the professor, and then the school responded in kind by shunning him, and then he felt like he was subject to a completely unfair world just OUT TO GET HIM AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY and he said FTW and decided to exact his revenge. It's particularly monumental in school because there's student debt associated with it... What if you had committed yourself so much time and so much debt just to be derailed by a professor who merely disliked you and prevented you from getting that degree? Frustrated ambition by superiors which came at a high financial cost. And in the great recession world of the time (2012), he knew that meant he couldn't get a job.

See, it all comes back to unemployed and underemployed young males in one way or another.

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:

swbluto said:

You make no sense with your claims about my making no sense, jeez. :roll: :lol:

(Some girl online wrote that NYC was "A city of sluts", probably because of that Sex in the City drama series.)

swbluto said:
Ban guns. Ban bombs while you're at it. lol.

You forgot +banning fertilizer, which is what the Oklahoma City bomb was made out of. In Cyprus garages they built more than 10,000 cheap assault weapons that were better than they could have bought for a lot more money if they could buy them. Then there's the Palestinians:

CGm45BET-870.jpeg

swbluto said:
To say that these shootings are a symptom of a "sick modern culture" that betrays the healthy values of old... might be onto something.

Nah, that's the Rahm Emmanuels' of the world trying to capitalize on others' grief. Back to the huge campaign about bullying currently going on. The moment someone does something to PROVE the damage done they'll abandon the whole thing.

swbluto said:
A man's place is in the workplace, the women's place is in the home.

So women were never completely out of the workplace. It was the unusual woman who never held a job. My grandmother was a teacher when she met my grandfather, their daughter met dad in college and mom became a rare case. My other grandfather owned a bakery then a restaurant, that grandma worked there with him. Mostly throughout the 20th century a woman might not have had a real career or even a fulltime job in her whole life, but before and after kids they still worked in stores and restaurants, secretaries became low paid women's work because they had the same mentality you're expressing that their REAL profession was in the home. Men used to be the secretaries, you know. So being a stay at home mom did indeed become something to aspire to for so many of them. Like they'd really not prefer that to working some of those bad factory jobs, right?

But why you think they're going to want to go back to that now that a real job doesn't mean being Rosie the Riveter is beyond me. So many of them go to college now, they're even allowed to major in something other than 'Home Economics.'

swbluto said:
Dauntless said:
swbluto said:

swbluto said:

You make no sense with your claims about my making no sense, jeez. :roll: :lol:

Actually, I think they'll all say I made perfect sense and you're only giving people another chance out something you said.

Oh well, if you're referring to the delay which you presume to be not-so-perfect.

It's perfect in the sense they're not giving me a completion estimation date like 2 years in the future like often times is the case when you stumble across those articles. 4-5 months means "THIS YEAR" which is something I can definitely work with AND it's pretty close to where I'm going to live soon enough, so that's perfect, lol.

Right now, I live about 25 minutes from an organic banana supplying grocery store.

At this new HEB, that'd be 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back