la Nina rears her ugly head

Getting hot again, supposed to be around 107F by the end of the week. :(

No rain (or clouds) here, though I saw lightning in clouds way way northwest of here (probably a hundred miles?) on my way home after sunset.

Tonight
A slight chance of showers after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tuesday
A slight chance of showers before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming west in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

No sign of rain, but at least with the winds we've had, its brougth forecast temperatures down nearly 10 degrees, for the week, so still hot, but not yet summer temperatures.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
******************************** :(

Next chance:
Saturday
10% chance of patchy drizzle and fog before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 66.

It wasn't showing much on the radar, but sure needed wipers and an umbrella this morning. Wet but no real accumulation.
It's supposed to warm up back to 'normal' by Monday.

OK, it suddenly became summer here. I think any hope of rain for the rest of the season is pretty much gone now. Nice riding weather though :D

Today
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
Tonight
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 55. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 10%.

Tonight
A slight chance of rain. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 55. West wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday
A slight chance of rain before 11am. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Another Wonky Weather Service forecast. :roll:
Here's the culprit, a cut off low to the southwest; with another one west of Hawaii. Let's hope that these keep coming along. :mrgreen:
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/tpac/h5-loop-ft.html

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
:twisted:

Uh oh. Big warm up coming.
Today
A slight chance of rain before 11am. Areas of fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tonight
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light south in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Friday
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 83. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 58. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 94. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 63.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 101.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 65.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 96.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 60.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 87.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 58.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 89.

Maybe the hot weather will bring Chomper back out.

Minnesota should have, at most, 9-10 days of 90F and over. We've nearly reached that number on the 31st of May. OUCH! Life on the Mississippi is nearly a tropical jungle this year. Most uncomfortable with high humidity.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=epac&fdays=5
First tropical depression of the season forming ~ 100 miles off of the coast of Mexico. It could end up bringing thunderstorms here as it dissipates. :mrgreen:

Over 90F for a few days here. Not really too bad but the hills are really getting dried out and brown. Fires will be next.

I went for a ride despite the heat. I went out along the shore of SF bay and got a nice cool breeze but it was sure hot on the way home.

In the mid-high 100's F last few days, and the low 100's before that. Only gonna get hotter from here; June is usually the hottest and driest month, with no exception this year so far.

I have a number of trees and lantana that are still very small (with shallow roots), that I have to water every day or they wilt quickly in the dryness and heat.

Have also been watering the larger but not fully-grown trees so they will grow faster and make more shade, which will help keep more of the water on other plants in the ground, and keep the area cooler. Seems to be working, as the trees are is significantly larger than it was a few months ago when it got warm enough to let the leaves start growing on them again.

Nothing between here and Hawaii but some fog as the summer weather pattern is well established. Any moisture we get from now on will likely be from thunderstorms coming out of the southeast. Here at the base of Mt. San Jacinto, named for Saint Hyacinth, sometimes flash flooding can occur. :twisted:

The fingers said:
http://www.goes.noaa.gov/dml/west/fd/rbtop.html
Catagory 4 Hurricane off of Mexico. :twisted:

Interesting...

Looks like it won't be coming too close, but you might get some thunderstorms out of it.

Satellite view of the two storms, along with two upper level lows E and W of the Hawaiian Islands:

Any of which could conciveably become something significant given the right conditions. (Read: I smell another El Niño on the way)

Update:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=baVaHRE6ATM

Back