Saving your lower back: handlebar risers

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
I've had low back pain on upright bikes bikes pretty much since i first sat on one, and wanted to share a tip.

When i was riding uprights, i had them on everything i owned. I even used them on builds that did 50-60mph. Never a problem.
( or i'd use a full length fork and stack a dozen spacers on top )

summer2011.jpg

spring2013.jpg

superhiryuu_2015.jpg

I never once felt that the resulting handlebar assembly was wobbly or unsafe, even at fast speeds.
I also received some relief at the wrists and in the shoulders.

This of course puts more weight on the back wheel and will provide more % of the rear wheel hits to the ass. So this trick is best done on a bike with rear suspension. You may also reduce your total drag area and also have a slight increased chance of a rear flat, but when you hurt so bad you avoid riding, the juice may be worth the squeeze on this trick.

Are the images coming because I can't see them.

Edit: This is what I am seeing.

Attachments

• Neptronix image.JPG
    Neptronix image.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 850
That's interesting.. they're coming off my server, and of course i can see them.. anyone else have this prob?

neptronix said:
That's interesting.. they're coming off my server, and of course i can see them.. anyone else have this prob?

What is also interesting is that after 100+ views, nobody has answered your question..... :? :roll:

slacker said:
can see them fine,no problem.

Thanks Slacker. 8)

Turns out Ghostery is blocking me from seeing the images from neptronix...

Easy come easy go.

:D :bolt:

Back