Allow me to vent a bit...

HK12K

100 kW
https://nypost.com/video/electric-scooter-overheats-shooting-off-30-balls-of-fire/

Hillhater said:
Chinese residential building .
Fire alarms. ?? no
Smoke detectors ? no
Sprinklers ? no

This coming from a place with no building codes! Welcome to China, where cities pop up fast and crumble even faster.

MJSfoto1956 said:
HK12K said:
https://nypost.com/video/electric-scooter-overheats-shooting-off-30-balls-of-fire/

Enhanced audio no doubt c/o NYPost -- sounds like StarWars.

M

IDK about that, but maybe. Wouldn't surprise me to find they're setup to be intently listened to over there. That concrete stairwell is probably like an echo chamber, adding to the effect.

I do know that years ago I put 4 AA Nicads into a sled, connected them to the 15 minute quick charger and walked away not realizing it had been set to 7.4v and not 3.7v. Moments later it sounded very much like someone letting off a .45 in my basement.

In China, everything is under surveillance EVERYTHING!
Wouldnt surprise me if they had hidden camera's and audio even in bathrooms.

HK12K said:
I do know that years ago I put 4 AA Nicads into a sled, connected them to the 15 minute quick charger and walked away not realizing it had been set to 7.4v and not 3.7v. Moments later it sounded very much like someone letting off a .45 in my basement.
Similar to a couple decades or more ago, I accidentally hooked the charger up backwards to 4 nicads in a tricorder prop I'd built, and it wasn't very long (while I was out of the room thankfully) that tehy exploded, leaving metal shrapnel embedded in walls and cieling and furniture.... :oops:

amberwolf said:
HK12K said:
Similar to a couple decades or more ago, I accidentally hooked the charger up backwards to 4 nicads in a tricorder prop I'd built, and it wasn't very long (while I was out of the room thankfully) that tehy exploded, leaving metal shrapnel embedded in walls and cieling and furniture.... :oops:
We do learn eventually though, haha.

Back