endless-sphere is 3 !!!

bobmcree

10 kW
endless-sphere THIRD ANNIVERSARY!

KnightMB started the group on 5/14/06, so you could call yesterday the day, but the first member Mathurin joined 5/24/06, so i would call that the date the board started. If you want to say it started when there were two members exchanging information, i joined the next day. I don't think either of us realized last night when we were the only two chatting that we were going back to the board the way it was 3 years ago. I plan to celebrate them all. This group has taught me a lot, and i believe i have been able to help a few people along the way. Of course we all have our faults, and there are probably posts we have reconsidered, but being human that can be expected. I don't go back and delete embarrassing posts; something can be learned from almost everything, and they serve as a reminder to be a bit more thoughtful before pulling a Joe Biden. (open mouth insert foot).

A big thanks for starting the board when a void opened up with the meltdown of the v forum, and to Richard for his hard work and willingness to help anyone who asks. 2-3 years is the point where many groups fall apart, but this one is here to stay. May the farce be with us!

so who was tim? i saw stuff from xyster a long way back too. i am just now understanding the stuff richard was doing last year. the battery packs i will build with the headway cells are gonna be mounted into the mid frame just like your original nicad setup in the mtb. hoping to form a fiberglass shell over it kinda like deecanio too.

HISTORY!!!!

As I recall, because I don't have saved-page copies, it was like this:

Our super-reticent founder created a forum; kept it a practical secret.

Mathurin got in here first.

Old V, well populated with e-pioneers, suddenly found itself hacked, ruined, rudderless, hopeless, virus-seeded.

QUICK action was needed, for visitors every day were getting IE infections.

"We need to have a new forum; we could make one, coon't we?", I chimed.

Instantly, Michael Brown/Knightmb, drawled in the most modest way,
"Well, I am an IT guy and happen to have a skeleton forum we could alll use;
no charge" (I paraphrase from memory) . He's so unusual, so modest.
I am going to put a youtube video vintage song here for Michael and make him laugh!

The next posting came from a relatively new old-V member, who suggested that HE make a new V forum, completely like the dying place, except......

Our loyal fecter, a long-time keeper of the old V flame, gave that place a go.
I joined. I disliked the format platform and then I disliked more and more, all of the new and serious rulz.
So I had two ebike places to hang out. One run by the most gentle, laid back fellow, Knightmb, and the other, by a nice guy
who, well, I began to see as a usurper of the old V's name. And it was clunky and it would be ad-filled and it would have micro-management.

Within a few months, I was a member ONLY of this forum.
We are a family, an offshoot of a good, healthy cutting of the original V.
We are welll-grafted and well grounded.

It is tellling that the original members are most all active today.
Huzzah for Bob, Mathurin, Lessss, and FECTER.

I offer fecter a slice of chocolate birthday cake in gratitude.
Left over from my seventh birthday, 47 years ago, like Mrs Haversham,
I think he deserves it, along with all the Cobwebs of Sad Neglect.
He's our glue and so is Michael, Mathurin (rhymes with pisser) and pioneer, Ypedal, famed at the old V.
"Reid" is a nut and cannot spelll, only spill the truth, as he recalls it, of our ES family tree.
It's a crepe myrtle grafted to an electric eel.
:D

Happy ebirthday, Every One of us!
Thank you, Michael, Bob, Lesss, Mathurin and Ypedal and all for putting up with me, including
...mommy, for not killing me before age three. :lol:

r.

apparently i have been a bit confused all these years. i thought that the guy who helped out batteryspace.com with their web presence was tim brown and that he is knightmb. i may have the name wrong or there may actually be two different people.

bobmcree said:
apparently i have been a bit confused all these years. i thought that the guy who helped out batteryspace.com with their web presence was tim brown and that he is knightmb. i may have the name wrong or there may actually be two different people.
And some people say that LSD has no lasting effects :twisted:

Michael is the daddy and fecter has administered, with Michael, this place, since its first year.
No memory drugs here. I claim only to have been insistent that we old V members, clear out of that place,
because it was poisoned. We were at risk of losing our community. I threaded most seriously. "We must have a new forum!"
No one else was piping up.

YT search is inoperable at the moment. Michael Brown is going to get his due as soon as possible.
I'll be making an embarassing overture, and that is a threat, I promise! :lol:

Reid Welch said:
And some people say that LSD has no lasting effects

certainly i never said that. i am still not sure if he is the same guy who ran the batteryspace.com bbs who i now believe i may have wrongly called tim all the time, or if i am just linking two unrelated browns ;)

US army research in the 60's concluded that the major lasting effect of lsd on their test subjects was a change in their personal values. they seemed to have turned their priorities upside down, placing happiness and fulfillment at the top rather than the accumulation of material wealth and power. in other words lsd turns people into commies. it was soon outlawed.

portal-cake.jpg

Obligatory.

bobmcree said:
Reid Welch said:
And some people say that LSD has no lasting effects

certainly i never said that. i am still not sure if he is the same guy who ran the batteryspace.com bbs who i now believe i may have wrongly called tim all the time, or if i am just linking two unrelated browns ;)

US army research in the 60's concluded that the major lasting effect of lsd on their test subjects was a change in their personal values. they seemed to have turned their priorities upside down, placing happiness and fulfillment at the top rather than the accumulation of material wealth and power. in other words lsd turns people into commies. it was soon outlawed.

For Bob!

[youtube]GvXBNnpHFDI[/youtube]

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This is the second, improved model of the original record changer. It cost a pretty penny in its day.
It is entirely acoustic; something like 20 feet of folded, exponential horn, provide bass fidelity.
This is a digicam recording. In life, the sound of an Orthphonic is breathtakingly real; not hi-fi (no high frequencies;
just absolutely clear, cogent audio. Close the doors for volume control.

I am the Ogo Pogo. You knew that already.
It's "my" birthday here too! Salt my tail; its sore today (the bike spill yesterday)
[youtube]NvUrbnG4Yzo[/youtube]

fechter said:
Happy birthday! :mrgreen:

I think this is my first post here:http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78&p=760#p760

Too bad the auto-prune wiped out Mathurin's "For the Emperor" thread. That was classic.

Here's something amusing from the Voltage Forum: http://visforvoltage.org/forum/2210-endlesssphere

Many of the old posts seem to have disappeard from there as well.
That gave me a good laugh, especially about the part where this forum was going to die from hackers, LOL

Didn't know people hated this forum with a passion. :shock:

Thanks everyone, yeah, time flies. It's already been 3 years, which does seem like yesterday. A forum is only as good as the community though, no matter what software you use, so it's good to know we have a great moderator team and admins alike here. Of course, everyone else that post is great as well, wouldn't leave anyone out.

I'm sure we can all come up with an infinite list of improvements we would all like to see here, so we do what we can so that things remain smooth without too much interference like from years yonder.

Thanks for the video links Reid, entertaining to say the least. :D

To answer Bob's question, yeah, I have no connection to the batteryspace people except that I bought their NiMH packs for my e-bike. What I do for business really has no relation to this forum, so that kind of helps to prevent a conflict of interest when talking about e-bike/motorcycle/car related topics here. That way I don't sound like I'm pitching a company product in every post *buy now and save 30% off of shipping!* :mrgreen:

I heard of this place from here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/power-assist/message/49148

So, like I said: Michael is a rare prince of good, self effacing men.
Mathruin: the same, only he likes ponies.

I love them both: unique, genius people.

peonies. I said peonies, I just spelled wrong again. Cheers all,

flower flocker Reid

thanks michael and thanks mucho for providing the opportunity to exchange ideas in this forum. my research indicates that it was tim brown at batteryspace and somehow when he told me this forum was starting up i assumed that he was you. i believe i have called you tim a few times over the years. i will desist from this.

Back