How long do your matresses last?

markz

100 TW
Mines lasted about 6 years and its bagged out, cheap mattress though.

How long do your matresses last?

Do you like foam or coil or combo?

Select Comfort,
10 years and still AOK, mine inflated to ~ max P & 2" memory foam topper : I'll have a good night.

No, mine does not have the 'Sleep Number' feature , I don't need it

Last three other mattresses Sealy etc : 3 years before steel spring sag !

Try one , $ back guarantee

Last one lasted 20 years, even though it was meant to be replaced after 10. I took care of it though. As I have allergies to dust, I had a mattress protector on it, and steam cleaned it once a year.

New one is latex topped inner spring. It's really nice. Normally very pricey, but I managed to score it at 80% off on a closing down sale. Still sealed in box too.

If I was going to run get one in the morning, I'm sure I'd want a latex mattress. It's a hot weather mattress, while memory foam is suited to cold weather. Though actually I doubt either has all that much advantage in season.

So I had my office manager girlfriend at the time setting out to open a mattress store, she'd managed one before the office job and there was her big business ambition. So I'm getting told how bad I needed a new one. She would know, right?

So I go down there when it had first opened but when she's not there and bring it home in my truck. The point was to get her to tell me 'What's so bad about this mattress?' (I'll admit she was right about the old one.) Good girl that she was, she said "Maybe this isn't so bad. . . ."

It was and still is a Diamond. More than 10 years old, as she promised. Damn good looking woman, too. If she hadn't decided she was too rich and successful for me. . . . (The mattress outlasted her store, by the way. So did my HOUSE.)

Ours has 23 years on it and still works fine despite trying to "wear it out" every chance we get. Good mattresses are well worth the money as long as you shop around for the best deal to avoid paying full retail.

Back