Figure I should say hello and explain myself before I get into deep discussion on some of my ideas.

Skunkjar

1 µW
So yeah. I'm starting a business selling ebikes scooters and skateboards. I have always been an electronics hobbiest and have a degree in computer and office tech. Last summer I built a 1000w voilamart dd hardtail and sold it. About 2 weeks later I got a Schwinn ec1 for 200 dollars because the guy shorted his charger and released the magic smoke. I know it's a 36v 10.4ah and a 250 watt geared rear hub and I believe it is a Bafang motor but the controller is built in the battery and it's a proprietary one. I was planning on doing a controller swap and running it at 48v as I have a bunch of killer Panasonic 48v packs and LG 44v packs. However I have recently decided to go the mid drive route on a nice mid 90s GT Avalanche AL I picked up last week. I was leaning towards the tsdz2 but I think the BBS02 will be better for me as I ride off road quite a bit and live in a generally hilly area anyway.

Being such a doe hard geek I really LOVE the OSFW people are working on. I have been using open source software for a solid 15 years and I love the concept of people writing great software for the sake of the community having great software to use. I'm also planning on trying to implement a raspberry pi for not just data logger but as my music player, turn signals, rear view camera, and anything else I can make a sensor work for. I'm still not sure why were not using a pi as a display and programmer but I'm sure they would be if it was possible.

Anyway I really want to thank everyone here as I've been lurking for a couple years but didn't have any reason to reply to anything.

I am really looking forward to becoming an ACTIVE member now o:) and I am always looking for someone constructive criticism or just general advice.
My Schwinn EC1 with the anti-theft paint job
IMG_20210309_190232883.jpg
My next project- GT dying for a mid drive

IMG_20210308_171214504.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210308_171207811.jpg
    IMG_20210308_171207811.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 573
If anyone knows what motor is used in the Schwinn ec1 please let me know because it desperately needs new gears and clutch...

Skunkjar said:
If anyone knows what motor is used in the Schwinn ec1 please let me know because it desperately needs new gears and clutch...

Good luck in finding gears for that motor :thumb:

Though it might be a bafang hub motor
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwinn-EC1-electric-cruiser-style-bicycle-26-inch-wheels-7-speeds-blue/598102543

1111111111.png

MAC/Puma/BMC http://lyen.com/
Bafang https://www.greenbikekit.com/bafang-8fun-spare-parts.html?limit=45

Skunkjar said:
The first step in determining that is good clear pictures of the entire motor outside, most especially any markings of any kind on it.

Back