Long time no see!

Well, its been a while gents! I had to step away from spokes and wheelbuilding except for my own projects and local customs, and ended up being sucked into facebook in efforts of business marketing for the "day job". Got a big ass CnC machine, wore my ass out working overtime for years, sold it, and spent the last few years focusing on the main biz and a lot of gardening.

I miss all yall nerds here, this is my people! I've stepped away from Facebook and am glad to see this forum still surviving. Currently involved in a few fun/stupid electric projects and building a shop to give me space for building again. Also buying another cnc, but an old used one this time so I won't HAVE to run it to pay off a loan. And more gardening...

Hope all is well and yall get the EV grin every day 😀

Glad to have you back and gardening! Getting my garden going as well.

IMG_0541.JPG

:D :bolt:

Glad to see you back, sir!

Still doing cool brushless motors? Nice to see you!

liveforphysics said:
Still doing cool brushless motors? Nice to see you!

Yep , still in the RC realm. Although I don't get to design cool stuff as much as possible right now, as the low price point stuff is far more demanded than high price point. Working on a something right now though that will be a first for the RC industry, although nothing new for EV.

Attachments

• IMG_20220414_080406_681.jpg
    IMG_20220414_080406_681.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,090
johnrobholmes said:
Chalo said:

I'm glad to report that I've yet to have a single wheel build come back for repair in all these years.

Amazing. I have seen a few with my name on the rim tape, but they were pedicab wheels that had been flogged without mercy.

Sure would be nice if someone decided to pick up where you left off, and make big fat spoke nipples with reduced diameter threads. Maybe I can do that after my roommate firms up his relationships with Taiwanese suppliers.

Chalo said:
johnrobholmes said:
Chalo said:

I'm glad to report that I've yet to have a single wheel build come back for repair in all these years.

Amazing. I have seen a few with my name on the rim tape, but they were pedicab wheels that had been flogged without mercy.

Sure would be nice if someone decided to pick up where you left off, and make big fat spoke nipples with reduced diameter threads. Maybe I can do that after my roommate firms up his relationships with Taiwanese suppliers.

The wheel Chalo built for me survived on my rigid 700C roadbike/cyclocross bike for everything I could manage to crash it into and not only survived but rarely needed truing. 8) Probably saved me some injuries! Thank you my friend!

Is that RC motor a SepEx style DC? Variable Kv is pretty nice.

I've still got lots of 12 and 13ga nipples, probably 14ga too.

I did some eco race quad wheels a while, along with non leaning trikes. Radial outer and 2 or 3x inner was the magic bullet for us. Nothing new since the model T, lol!

Chalo said:
johnrobholmes said:
Chalo said:

Is that RC motor a SepEx style DC? Variable Kv is pretty nice.

Not quite, but the rotor will allow for some insane field weakening and zero cog force. Will use a 32 bit mcu and rotory hall for encoder style FOC

Back