ES Not Loading

Whats is up with the website fellas? its hit and miss if the page loads, taking up to 30 seconds at
times if it loads at all, its not doing it everytime which is the wierd thing, it started ~2 days ago
...Usually get the error screen when it doesn't load...It is only website i access that is doing it so i have ruled out
it being me...anyone else experiencing this?

KiM

i thought i was the only one with that problem. it would tell me that i has a ssql error or something like that. also when i try to access the site on my phone, it loads up in a wierd format which isnt the normal one.

Seems better today. I was noticing it a lot early in the morning so I figured it was the website getting some updates, but then it started doing it midday too.

I'm sure it's being dealt with. Thanks admin.

the optical fibre getting a shampoo??

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'shampoo.endless-sphere.com' (4) [2003]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

I thought it was because of Work, they are in the process of blocking everything. I to have been having issues with the site. As long as i am not the only one and the proper people have been advised then it's all good.

It seems to be a global problem; I've been getting that SQL error message for a few days now. Often the site is blocked out for an hour or two at a time, sometimes hitting refresh just gets you back in. It's just done it again to me, trying to open this thread.............

Jeremy

PS: As mentioned above, this is the error message:

"General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists."

I'm extremely frustrated with it.

After a year of 100% reliability in browsing it and posting from my phone, now it says it can't load page at about every 3rd click, freezes the browser on my phone, and I have to re-start my phone.

Even on the computers are work at my datacenter that has over a 10,000Tb/s 10ft diameter sewer pipe tunnel of fiber optic lines connecting it straight to the westcoast backbone, it's laggy and buggy and slow now, and I lose a bunch of replys I type in PMs and posts from the window crashing after hitting reply.

It never used to have any of these problems for me.

I also can't stand the pictures in the scroll windows.

Same thing happening here...

But I thought it was the gummit commandeering all available bandwidth to start shuffling medical records onto gummit computers to determine who is now a citizen worthy of health care...

I just noticed this topic, so I do have a technical explanation for it. :mrgreen:

Right now the database server is hosted in one location and the forum website in another. So, all the SQL request are being passed over the Internet. Well, the hosting center that the database is located at is having intermittent connection issues, thus you sometimes get "sql timeout" kind of errors. The far away hosting center was hosting a backup database server because the previous primary one crashed a while back. It's taken me this long to build a new one to take it's place which is basically sitting right next to the web server. So the sql request will no longer have to travel over the Internet, but just to the machine next to it.

Once that move takes place, that should help speed up forum sql calls and get rid of the timeout since both machines will be connected to the same switch, so there should only be -1 hops between them :?

Just in time too since there have been problems running the sql request over the Internet. Being how much data is in the forum, even on a fiber connection doesn't mean you get 100% bandwidth all the time, can make things slow if the Internet is loaded down anywhere in between here and TX.

I'll be sure to make a forum announcement a good few hours before the move starts since it will take a while to dump everything to the new database server.

Yep - what he said = )_

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

- Maybe a good temp fix, change the timeout on the SQL provider to 5 seconds... maybe 10 but I think you have it at the default 45 seconds which is sure causing long periods of page hang on connectivity issue.

-Mike

Back