Weird electrical noise issue

Since there are many electrical engineers (professional or hobby) here, maybe someone here can figure out a strange problem I have with a new amplifier I bought.

When riding my motorcycle I stream music through Bluetooth to a receiver attached to my helmet, which outputs to a tiny amplifier which in turn is connected to helmet speakers. I recently bought a new mini-amplifier to replace the one I was using before, but this new one has an issue where it outputs electrical noise (particularly during moments of silence in the music) when the Bluetooth receiver is near it, which of course it always is on my helmet. And the weird thing is it makes no difference if the receiver is actually plugged into the amplifier or not. I can completely disconnect the receiver and just wave it around the amplifier and the amplifier generates noise corresponding to the proximity between it and the receiver.

The Bluetooth transmitter has nothing to do with this; it's the receiver that somehow causes the amplifier to output electrical noise. And if I "pause" the receiver, then the noise stops except for a tick once per second. And with the amplifier I'd been using before, there was no noise.

If I cover the receiver with my hand, the noise stops or mostly stops.

Anyone have any clue what this could be?

Back