Hobbyking Customer Service.

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
mvly   10 kW

10 kW

Re: HobbyKing getting more and more ridiculous

Post by mvly » Oct 18 2011 6:02pm

neptronix wrote:If you missed 1 pack out of 20, and your remaining 19 packs were great, you've already done better than most people ordering, who often get 10-15% of their packs defective.

I ordered 13 packs total and 2 ended up being duds that i threw away or repurposed.

Guess i'd be pissed too tho. But just wanted to put that into perspective.
Wow, I must be lucky. I got ordered 20 packs from them, all nanotech, all from china, and they all are doing fine now... Hopefully they don't go bad on me. I can't afford the shipping cost. : (

Rifle   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Rifle » Oct 18 2011 6:23pm

Attachments
1299750913206.jpg
1299750913206.jpg (43.17 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
2807 9c front hub. 48v 20ah Ping. 12s2p Lipo.

LI-ghtcycle   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by LI-ghtcycle » Oct 18 2011 7:04pm

Wow, that sucks!

Glad the packs you got were all in good shape, I would weight the batteries in groups like it's been said, and if the shipping label has the total weight printed somewhere on it, you should be gold.

However, after jumping through these hoops, I would ALSO send them a copy of all the statements from previous orders and show them how much you buy, and since the shipping shouldn't be a big deal for them from their local warehouse, they are total idiots if they don't just eat the shipping themselves and send you your 21st pack.

If they give you any flack, just contact paypal and make a claim. Usually that will get the attention of their supervisor and THEN they might start treating you right. :wink:

I'm really surprised that they have sent up to 10 - 15% bad packs in the past!!

Definitely helps to buy from a local warehouse that way they can't hold you hostage with the shipping from China.

Hope my 2 6S 6000 mah Nanotech packs come here with no issues, you have me nervous now! :lol:

I have only bought motors and Nanotech packs from HK, and so far, everything has come with in a week or two, and nothing has been defective, but since they only stock the International (Chinese) warehouse with Nanotechs (far as I know) I can't get them locally.

Also, see if there is another channel to contact HK other than the email that you received, when my Golden Motor wasn't coming on time, I talked with the only person who seemed to be available, someone who was there to answer technical specs on the motors, and they made it happen all the while, the "official channels" weren't even answering my emails.

Dig around a bit, I'm sure that you will get someone who will help ya get your last pack!

That order amount alone should make them realize what a valuable customer you are!

Good luck! :)
Thank you Justin_Le for your selfless act of kindness! We all are in your debt.
Back on track E-Bronco! Now with Cro Motor Mid-Drive Goodness!
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 28&t=44997

Vision R40 w/3000w MXUS as mid-drive, NuVinci N171B rear wheel as transmission, Silent yet powerful, running 72v 11.6 ah (20s 18650 Li-Ion) to climb hills, tow trailer with zero pedaling when needed!

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 28&t=75247[/size]

dogman dan   100 GW

100 GW

Post by dogman dan » Oct 18 2011 7:08pm

Again, we know you ordered 21 packs, your bill says 21? Just saying that could be why your order got hugged up. Some dope just typed 20 somewhere and now you paid for and recieved 20? The only way that should have been able to happen, assuming all their employess world wide never smoke an attitude adjustment during the day.

They definitely need to wake up and fix this, you're not some teen that buys one 30 buck lipo a year.

gensem   100 kW

100 kW

Post by gensem » Oct 18 2011 7:27pm

Talking about 8ah zippys I have 7 of thoses in my desk and all cells are working properly.
:)

Btw I dont know if I ll build my greyborg with a123 pouch or turnigy nano-tech -.-
Justin we really appreciate what you did!

wineboyrider   100 MW

100 MW

Post by wineboyrider » Oct 18 2011 7:38pm

I got 2 8ah zippy's and one cell in one pack decided it wanted to go to 0v :x :x Only got about 20 cycles out of that one...
:roll:
ES IS SAVED! THANK YOU JUSTIN.

gensem   100 kW

100 kW

Post by gensem » Oct 18 2011 7:43pm

wineboyrider wrote:I got 2 8ah zippy's and one cell in one pack decided it wanted to go to 0v :x :x Only got about 20 cycles out of that one...
:roll:
Im yet to use mine coz I broken my shoulder... ohwell, thats why I got 7. Plan on doing 18s2p and have one spare, if that works nice I probably order alot more lipo.
Justin we really appreciate what you did!

Samd   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by Samd » Oct 18 2011 9:19pm

The reason they want you to weight the full delivery is to compare it to what was weighed in the warehouse management system. I have managed plenty of warehouse claims processes the same way - but a 5 gram tolerance is facepalm. Head-desking infact. Ridiculous.

You should easily be able to show the weight of what you received, and when they check their freight system against your order they should show a difference roughly equal to the weight of a pack.

Alternatively, they sent it and the goods were stolen in-transit. As you purchased the goods fully delivered they are still liable to control THEIR freight providers that THEY pay.

Don't let them fool you, if you get the runaround, start an internet stink.
http://ballaratebikes.com/

ImageImageImage
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a 165mm rear shock can't deliver 220mm of rear swingarm travel." - Oprah Winfrey.

John in CR   100 GW

100 GW

Post by John in CR » Oct 18 2011 11:29pm

Hopefully the other one is in another box still in route. Did the 20 fit in the box perfectly, or was there plenty of room for the odd pack?

LI-ghtcycle   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by LI-ghtcycle » Oct 19 2011 12:28am

John in CR wrote:Hopefully the other one is in another box still in route. Did the 20 fit in the box perfectly, or was there plenty of room for the odd pack?

Very good point!
Thank you Justin_Le for your selfless act of kindness! We all are in your debt.
Back on track E-Bronco! Now with Cro Motor Mid-Drive Goodness!
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 28&t=44997

Vision R40 w/3000w MXUS as mid-drive, NuVinci N171B rear wheel as transmission, Silent yet powerful, running 72v 11.6 ah (20s 18650 Li-Ion) to climb hills, tow trailer with zero pedaling when needed!

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 28&t=75247[/size]

wojtek   10 kW

10 kW

Post by wojtek » Oct 19 2011 3:23am

i had to make 3 separate orders as the max weight for one order is 10kg...

still no reply from them. will keep sending emails for another week before opening a dispute with paypal.

thanks for your support guys!
WIRES AND CONNECTORS
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/vi ... 31&t=30176
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 31&t=32244

KMX Cobra with Xlyte 5403
Go-One Evo with Cromotor
BATMOBILE - in progress
Giant CRS Alliance - SOLD
3Element Espire - SOLD
Custom built Specialized BigHit with BBS02 - SOLD
Velokraft e-VK3 SOLD
Steintrike Mungo Sport HS3540-SOLD
Scorpion FS HS3540-SOLD
Kona Dawg BMC v2-SOLD

miuan   10 kW

10 kW

Post by miuan » Oct 19 2011 4:26am

Wojtek, this is a bummer. But considering your 20 packs are OK, that's a win already!
I've made 31 orders and received all items exactly as ordered so far. I assume that in your rare case, they do need to make sure where the mistake was made. It surely seems ridiculous to approach a heavily returning customer in such an over-formalized way. But then again, having as bloody many orders as they have, there is often really no time left to make exceptions. I just looked at the order numbers of 4 orders I made in a row, and there were about 30-70 new orders made between each, in a matter of minutes. That's crazy!!!

sn0wchyld   1 MW

1 MW

Post by sn0wchyld » Oct 19 2011 6:01am

wojtek wrote:i bought 21 and got 20..

yes im impressed too. actually all cells i ordered this years were OK. And i ordered a lot!

the only thing is, i always order from the german warehouse. I think the QC is better when sent from Germany. Obviously the price is also higher.
But im saving on time and shipping.
ive found this too out of the aus warehouse. 29packs this year, 1 dud. sent it back to the east cost of aus and got a prompt refund. So far ive been pretty damn impressed with hk. the packaging of the last order was actually over the top, each cell individually wraped in bubbles, then put in a box, then wrapped again, taped up to its friends, and wrapped again before being put in its delivery box! I swear this thing could fall of a truck doing 100km'h and end up with nothing more than scuffed cardboard. only 1 problem in 10 orders is pretty good in my books. or maybe ive just been lucky.

try the olnline chat. it takes a while sometimes but thats how i dealt with my dud pack... they took a bit of pushing but eventually just said 'send it back'. Defiantly should be treating their big customers better than this though...

hjns   100 kW

100 kW

Post by hjns » Oct 19 2011 5:24pm

Hmm. Out of 21 orders to the China warehouse during the last 2 years, only one order has gone partially wrong. It is still stuck at customs (after 3 weeks). All my lipos (1S, 2S, 3S, 10S) arrived perfectly balanced and well protected. Never damaged. Almost always the goods were well packaged. Also, almost always the packaging was damaged one way or another. Therefore, I really have no complaints!
Henk

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence

hillzofvalp   1 MW

1 MW

Post by hillzofvalp » Oct 19 2011 6:49pm

None of this is as bad as when I ordered a $30 turnigy charger and received a $200 600-class carbon fiber helicopter kit.

I asked them what to do and they said they would give me the correct product once I returned the helicopter. They wouldn't even pay for the shipping label to fix their own mistake. It was all at the inconvenience of the customer.

eBay. Pocketed it. Was I going to wait?!? :mrgreen: :lol:

IN the end I bought a hyperion 1420i.

sn0wchyld   1 MW

1 MW

Post by sn0wchyld » Oct 19 2011 7:36pm

hillzofvalp wrote:None of this is as bad as when I ordered a $30 turnigy charger and received a $200 600-class carbon fiber helicopter kit.

I asked them what to do and they said they would give me the correct product once I returned the helicopter. They wouldn't even pay for the shipping label to fix their own mistake. It was all at the inconvenience of the customer.

eBay. Pocketed it. Was I going to wait?!? :mrgreen: :lol:

IN the end I bought a hyperion 1420i.
lol nice score. bet someone was pissed when they got a $30 charger instead of a $200 heli kit.

wojtek   10 kW

10 kW

Post by wojtek » Oct 28 2011 3:13am

wrote them another message - if this wont help , i will sue them! :twisted:

here is the picture of the label from order 2003299239
the weight: 9.46kg

If i put 7x zippy 30c 6s 8ah + 1x zippy 30c 6s 5ah, then the total weight in the basket is 9651g WITHOUT packaging.

I think this clearly proves that one cell was missing..

thanks
Wojtek
Attachments
2003299239.jpg
WIRES AND CONNECTORS

Go-One Evo with Cromotor
BATMOBILE - in progress
3Element Espire - SOLD
Velokraft e-VK3 SOLD
Scorpion FS HS3540-SOLD
Kona Dawg BMC v2-SOLD

miuan   10 kW

10 kW

Post by miuan » Oct 28 2011 5:33am

wojtek wrote:wrote them another message - if this wont help , i will sue them! :twisted:
Let's make a deal Wojtek. I'll send you a free lipo pack you're missing and you'll pay me your travel expenses to german court :)

Seriously, I just received 13 perfectly fine 4S hardcases from int. warehouse. All within 3.85-3.88V.
They were also ridiculously well packed. Bubble wrap around battery, protective wrap around balance taps, paper box for each battery, packed in multiple layers of bubble wrap. Parcels were near empty, there were air pouches everywhere additionally protecting the well-packed hardcases.

wojtek   10 kW

10 kW

up your f***** ass, HobbyKing!

Post by wojtek » Oct 28 2011 1:09pm

THIS F*** THINKS I WILL GIVE UP? I HATE HOBBYKING SO MUCH, THAT I HAVE TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT!

Hi Wojciech ,

Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

Thank you for your information. However, regarding the weight, we also need you to provide the photo to show the total weight of all the items that you received. When you weigh the weight, all items, packaging materials and parcel box should be including. Meanwhile, you are kindly required to provide one photo to show all the items you received, the bar code of the items should also be included.

Thank you in advance and thank you for your cooperation.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
John
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive
WIRES AND CONNECTORS

Go-One Evo with Cromotor
BATMOBILE - in progress
3Element Espire - SOLD
Velokraft e-VK3 SOLD
Scorpion FS HS3540-SOLD
Kona Dawg BMC v2-SOLD

jag   10 kW

10 kW

Re: up your f***** ass, HobbyKing!

Post by jag » Oct 28 2011 2:53pm

I have a similar problem with Hobbyking. (Reported in a separate ES thread)

I think your plan sounds good: Report to Paypal. Racking up a bad record with Paypal is not going to be a good thing for them.

Still, you might have to continue following their instructions, however ridiculous, so you can show you have made the best effort on your behalf.

It is not good that Hobbyking is becoming a near monopoly. It would be ideal if there were several similar competitors so we could just vote with our feet and pay our $ or Euro elsewhere.

vanilla ice   100 MW

100 MW

Post by vanilla ice » Oct 28 2011 3:04pm

My lips says f them but my wallet says otherwise..

neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by neptronix » Oct 28 2011 3:17pm

jag wrote:It is not good that Hobbyking is becoming a near monopoly. It would be ideal if there were several similar competitors so we could just vote with our feet and pay our $ or Euro elsewhere.
Competitors do exist. Hobby Partz sells their 'blue lipo', 'gens ace', and 'sky lipo' brands at a cost that is about +/- a few dollars.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/5000mah.html

If you're *really pissed* at hobbyking, they are worth a try. RC-Groups seems to like their wares, but also haven't given them a fair shake yet either.
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." - Dalai Lama

My first major build: 1.6kW 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500.
The new all-arounder: Leafmotor 1500w @ 4kW on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The monster scooter: 20" eZee on a Cannondale Semi Recumbent.
Whipper-snapper: ? on a lightweight BikeE Semi Recumbent

john7700   100 W

100 W

Post by john7700 » Oct 28 2011 3:18pm

wojtek wrote:THIS F*** THINKS I WILL GIVE UP? I HATE HOBBYKING SO MUCH, THAT I HAVE TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT!

Man I give you credit ! Stay on the suckers and don't give up. They are messing with you hard.
Schwinn Varsity
A.C.M.E. Rocket
Zippo Lighter
Meep!-Meep!

Sunder   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Sunder » Oct 28 2011 4:05pm

Unfortunately, that's the Chinese cheap shop tactic. $60 to most people is nothing. Its an hour wage to me, but its a days wage or more to the Chinese...

So they set the bar for refunds so high, most people give up. If they try to do a charge back, the can honestly say that the customer wasn't willing to help them resolve the issue and Paypal will take their side.

I've been scammed on Paypal by this method.
eBike: Q100H on 16S with Phaserunner FOC Controller
eMotorscooter: Vectrix VX-1 Died... Electrified Ninja in Progress!
eCar: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV... Warramty expired. Still not game!
eHouse: 6.2kw On-grid solar with battery backup coming soon!

After 5 builds, the best advice I can give, is start with high quality products. I prefer http://www.ebikes.ca

Kepler   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Kepler » Oct 29 2011 4:26am

Forget about Nanotech and Hobby City especially if you are in the USA and looking for quality packs at a reasonable price. Remember the name Gen Ace. http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-30c-5300-6s1p.html.

These packs out perform Nanotechs, cost about the same, and are delivered free if you are in the USA. Google these packs and see what the RC forums are saying about them. I just bought 4 packs that I use for a 12S setup in a Fusion 50 Heli. Performance is unbelievable and on par with my Hyperion G3 and Thunder Power packs.

These packs are quality. Check them out.
Current Rides

Lightest true ebike on the planet: ON ROAD viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74269
eBoost on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eboost/200306283342024/