Revenge of the electric car

Arlo1

1 TW
I am not sure if this has been posted but.... This does look cool. http://www.revengeoftheelectriccar.com/film.html

Just a quick note to folks local to Portland, Oregon area. The movie "Revenge of the Electric Car" that is a follow on to "Who killed the Electric Car" will be shown starting Friday, 11/4/2011 at 7pm and 7:30pm at the Hollywood Theater. There is a EV Road rally scheduled just prior to the showing (I plan on driving my TWIKE). The director Chris Paine will be attending and doing a Q & A after the shows.

Trailer here: http://youtu.be/nH_vJRRMkvE
Online Tickets: http://fb.me/KMo0dAu3

If you want to participate in the EV Road Rally, PM me for all the details.

Phil

also, i just heard this afternoon that michael cysz is gonna have the bike that won the TTXGP and show a film of the race at the baghdad theater on hawthorne tomorrow night at 7 pm. i think it is free, better be because i am broke. i will try to make both of them.

Very interesting! I'm gonna have to make this! :D

PM sent, thanks for posting this!

dnmun said:
also, i just heard this afternoon that michael cysz is gonna have the bike that won the TTXGP and show a film of the race at the baghdad theater on hawthorne tomorrow night at 7 pm. i think it is free, better be because i am broke. i will try to make both of them.

Man that sounds great, but I have to be honest, the idea of locking up my E-Bike outside while I watch a movie makes me nervous! :?

Thanks again so much for posting this! I barely made it in time (I spent most of the day building a new chain tensioner only to have to bolt-back on my "trusty" converted derailleur :roll: :lol: I didn't get enough chain wrap so it slipped, but it looks gorgeous! :mrgreen: ) so I left Oregon City at 4 PM, and when I got to the Hollywood, I met Wade of Ebikes in Portland, looks like we will be collaborating on some builds in the near future!

I loved the movie, very well done, informative with out being preachy or pretentious, very kewl to learn how well things are now going for at least 3 serious Electric cars (the E-Big Three? Testla, Leaf & Volt? :wink: ).

My next car will definitely be electric, I don't make long trips, and for in the Portland/Oregon City area, any one of the three would suit my needs just fine.

I'm leaning towards either the Volt or Leaf, the main drawback to the Leaf is pure electric meaning I would be very dependent on an infrastructure that isn't mature yet (not enough charging stations, mainly 240, a few 110, but that's not practical IMHO, when you need quick charging times) but I am in the best place in the country for that, and things are moving along! :D

ffuu.jpg

I'm OFFICIALLY missing living in the Portland metro right now.
Please send some of your forward-thinking, intelligent, and friendly people over here to Colorado. We could really use more you.

Thanks to those that attended and took the opportunity to support EV's and meet Chris Paine. It was cold and wet outside but warm and friendly inside.

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

For a non-technical person, the vid is probably fine, but for someone who has already studied the subject, it's really s~l~o~w going. I tried to watch it but got frustrated after a few minutes. I'll give it another try later when I'm doing something else simultaneously.

The only electric cars that exist are the ones you see on the road. Otherwise, they are imaginary.

I've been around forty-four years and have yet to see one. Okay, maybe one in a parade. Not sure.

Well, I do own one, but it's not the same thing. It's a golf cart.

I'd like to see the companies focus on getting a product out that is short-range but real. Forget about range. Make and sell something that can go a solid fifty miles, not a hundred. Just get it to market already.

Vancouver's city fleet has been testing some that I've seen on the street.
Just the other day a saw a new Cars2Go Smart Car advertising that it's an electric vehicle.
I've seen a few private electric cars and trucks in the wild and lots of them at the annual local VEVA REV show.
There are plug-ins around the city and the building codes now require new construction to provide plug-in parking spaces, including the bicycle parking facility.
There are a few established and some new electric vehicle related businesses in the GVRD.
I doubt we'll see a day when electrics are the majority of personal transportation but they've here now.

In Santa Cruz, I see about a dozen LEAFs everyday. The gas guzzling cars we have here are like prius dominant though, and Im starting to see a sexy Model S around here nearly everyday. Beautiful cars, got to flog one super hard hooning around in one with the performance package.

In Zermatt the cars are all electric since a long time,
even the police runs electric cars
content_zermatt3_00.jpg

ok, except this one :shock:
ZermattKlein1.jpg

if you travel to europe, you have to visit Zermatt... its beautiful
zermatt-marathon-2007-08_01.jpg

I second that dh-paule. Ive had two ski holidays in Zermatt. one where we stayed in Cervinia (italy neighbouring resort) the other more recently in Zermatt itself. Saw one of those taxis fall off the side of a ski lift platform. I was in the gondola at the time going up, everybody jumped when they heard the bang as it fell about 4 foot onto its side.

I really like the fact you have to ditch your car to get to the resort it adds something. an ebike with a ski would be awesome but for the few cobbled streets. Damn i miss snow. :cry:

The nanaimo City has a whole fleet of leafs.

Back