Happy New Year to all friends at ES

John in CR

100 TW
Happy New Year to you all. I consider each of you a friend, and I am truly privileged to share a common interest with by far the best large group of individuals with which I have even been associated. This will be the decade of the EV, so let's all crank it up another notch to start it right!

Happy New Year to everyone, too. I share your sentiments about all here on ES, John.

It seems that electric boat propulsion is beginning to catch people's imagination here, an acquaintance has published a photo in his magazine of my electric propulsion unit and has organised a light-hearted challenge for electric powered boats: http://www.watercraft-magazine.com/wc_six.html Needless to say I feel compelled to enter................

The more each of us can do to show that electric propulsion is viable and effective, the better. Personally I think that getting the kids that currently ride around on noisy, smelly two stroke scooters weaned off them and on to equivalent performance (if not range) electric versions would be a good start.

Jeremy

Yes, Happy New Year to everyone, and lots of progress on electric propulsion.

With a global community, I'm not quite sure what time to post a new year message. But by now (nearly 11 am Greenwich Mean Time) there can only a be a few pacific islanders who aren't yet in 2011. I mean, even AJ must have noticed by now. :D

Nick

Tiberius said:
I mean, even AJ must have noticed by now. :D

We are ahead of both England and America Tiberies ~12 hours ahead of the USofA and ~8 in front of England
Saturday Night here now and I am already over the hangover of New Years eve :p ...

Happy New Year anywayz peepz...

KiM

HERE,HERE! John
I am with you all the way.
I am ready to do my level best to Show the ICE boys what battery power can do. (on a bicycle anyway) & with the predicted Fuel prices coming fast, I need to look long & hard at finialisng my 3-season comuter design. I am really digging the Aptera layout & prolly have 90% of what I need (except time).
Happy new year All. & best of Luck on every endevour.

( I must be getting wiser with age...my hang-over is a tiny one this year LOL)

A most blessed and Happy New Year to all! It has been fun learning from all of you around our small globe!

bigmoose said:
It has been fun learning from all of you around our small globe!

Isn't it apt that this forum is called the "Endless-sphere"? Quite a serendipitous choice of URL when you think how truly international ES has become. I find it remarkable that we have accumulated such a wide range of gifted individuals in this small corner of cyberspace and even more remarkable that we all get on so harmoniously and give so freely and generously.

Jeremy

Jeremy Harris said:
Isn't it apt that this forum is called the "Endless-sphere"? Quite a serendipitous choice of URL when you think how truly international ES has become. I find it remarkable that we have accumulated such a wide range of gifted individuals in this small corner of cyberspace and even more remarkable that we all get on so harmoniously and give so freely and generously.

So true and that is also the beauty of computers and the combination of a similar interest and this website that makes people of the world come together to help and share collected knowledge and try to make skeptics of electric propulsion see it in another view in the hope to make this a better place, greener with less ice power and less noise,
Happy New Year All!
mark

Happy New Year!

And happy new year again, as 2015 flows into 2016.

That won't happen here in AZ for a bit more than an hour, but it isnt' stopping the celebrations from starting a few hours ago and scaring Tiny and Yogi so much that they didnt' even come out of the bedroom (where I run a loud fan for noise to drown out stuff like this for them on days I know it'll be happening) when I got home. (managed to bang the trike against the doorframe twice loudly and still didnt' get them interested in coming out to say hi, till I got inside myself and came to see them).

Right now they're both asleep on my legs, so I hope I don't need to move soon...I cant' feel anything below my hips. :lol:

Anyway, just stopping by to wish all happiness to y'all.

https://youtu.be/FCosk7wE2NA
[youtube]FCosk7wE2NA[/youtube]

Happy New Year's to everyone now and from last year when this post was born. This last year has been the coolest here with my awesome high powered bike. Can't believe how the years flow by.......almost 7 years for me and what a great ride it has been......(pun intended!)

Tom

New Year marks my anniversary on Endless Sphere. It's been 10 years now. Things have really changed over that time. The past year brought us many exciting developments in the ebike world. Bafang mid-drives are all the rage and these units seem to have a good track record. I'll have to get one to try soon. Ferrofluid easily and cheaply doubles the continuous power rating of direct drive hub motors. True FOC sine wave motor controllers are now affordable and small enough for bikes. Graphene promises to make batteries better. Can't wait to see graphene wire for motors. California passed new laws last year that make riding my bike on the open space trails legal for the first time. The more people that have ebikes, the more power we have as a group to get stupid laws changed. Power to the people (electric power).

Well, time flies. 11 years now.

Another old New Year thread:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46665&p=989205&hilit=new+year#p989205

This year we finally got the latest version of forum software, so things are moving in the right direction. I've spent more time actually riding than working on the bikes this year, which is probably a first. A bunch of great DIY battery spot welders are out there now and stuff you buy off the shelf tends to work better than it did in years past. It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming year.

Happy New Year!

Back