<Best Cheech nâ€™ Chong Big-Bambo Album interpretation>
- Oh no, not me man! You can get brain damage from beer & bikes!
, I donâ€™t drink and drive; bad juju wicked evil knarly wreck-city. I have done myself out thrice too many times with painful suffering, broken ribs, ripped fleshâ€¦ no. Me and beer and bikes donâ€™t mix anymore. However â€“ that doesnâ€™t stop me from walking to a pub, have a couple, and walking home.
Breweries on the Path:
Between SF and Eureka there are a few breweries on Hwy 1 and 101. If I drink, it will be at the end of the day when weâ€™re done riding. Hereâ€™s the list of potential candidates in no particular order:
- Fort Bragg â€“ North Coast Brewery; they make fantastic beer! And â€“ itâ€™s one of my planned overnight stays.
- Eureka - Lost Coast Brewery & Pub: Equally spectacular gold-medal winning brewery. I plan on spending the night here too.
(too far off the beaten path, but we still drool about them):
- Boonville - Anderson Valley Brewing
Healdsburg - Bear Republic Brewing
Hopland - Mendocino Brewing Company
Larkspur - Marin Brewing Company
Novato - Moylan's Brewery & Restaurant
Novato - Pacific Hop Exchange
Petaluma - Lagunitas Brewing
Saint Helena - Silverado Brewing
San Francisco - too many to list!
Santa Rosa â€“ Russian River Brewing
Sausalito - Sausalito Brewing
Ukiah - Ukiah Brewing
- Targets are 4th of July in Westwood, CA for the snowmobile races.
- Probably Fresno around mid-month.
- SF near the tail end of July, and we take it day-by-day after that. Iâ€™m on holiday so thereâ€™s no hard set date to be back per se.
My Battery Pack (providing I do not receive duds from HK) will be 15S24P @ 5Ah each, so thatâ€™s:
- 72 / 3 = 24; 24 * 5 Ah = 120 Ah @ 63V, or 7560 Wh. I suspect it will only take 8 hours to charge with my new Meanwell assembly.
- From SF to Fort Bragg via Hwy 1 is 142 miles with an elevation climb of 7764 feet.
- From Fort Bragg to Eureka via Hwy 1/101 and the â€œAvenue of the Giantsâ€ is 194 miles with an elevation climb of 8814 feet. My pack should make these legs well enough if we ride judiciously without significant headwind.
Bases covered, KF