Back in the Saddle: Going to California: 2011

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
User avatar
Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by Kingfish » Jul 08 2011 7:15pm

dbaker wrote:Way to go, KF! Anxious to hear how your speed test went. Were the previous results with the trailer done with a much smaller pack than you expect to take on the trip?
Battery pack: Yes - it was my commuter pack. My RShunt value is off however I could tell from the voltage of the pack that I was using excessive power. However before I backed it down I disconnected the trailer and took P1 out for a speed run after the disc brake issues were resolved (partly anyway)... and the results are in:

Member of the 40-mph Club :mrgreen:

Image

The top CA is for the trailer which is disconnected. The bottom CA is for the front wheel. I know they're reversed, but the bottom was mounted first - and I can read it easier. Stats: Batt Current = 24A, Phase = 60A. Speed = 120%. Took me less than a block to come up to 30 mph but I had to wait for traffic ahead of me to speed up - which took another 3 blocks.

Fun huh? :D

Anyways, I have since derated both controllers.
  • Primary was 24/60A, is now: 20/50A (this is still slightly more powerful than my previous 6FET settings)
  • Secondary was 18/45A, is now 16/40A
  • 3-Way is still set to 52%, 85% and 120%.
  • Freewheels did not change.
  • Regen is still set to max; no variable regen with these controllers.
Been at it since 7:30 AM.
Ready for a nap. KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
Lyen   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 620
Joined: Aug 17 2007 1:26am
Location: San Francisco, California, USA
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by Lyen » Jul 09 2011 12:59am

Here's the video that may helps when you come to California. It basically tells you your rights to take the full lane and etc. It should be applicable to electric bicycles as well. :)

Items For Sale
Please sign up here and donate your marrow to save life.

dbaker   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1021
Joined: Oct 24 2008 2:32pm

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by dbaker » Jul 11 2011 12:06pm

Anybody heard from KF? Hoping all is well and his trip is rolling along :mrgreen:

User avatar
Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by Kingfish » Jul 11 2011 5:16pm

I haven’t left yet. :oops:
I swear to you – I have been up every morning at 6:30AM and working on getting the bike ready up till 10 PM when the neighbors give me the evil eye if I am using power tools. I kid you not.

The problems began Saturday when I was mounting the battery boxes and I realized that the fasteners were too short. Being metric, no one in a 25 mile radius open on a Saturday had the specific type of hardware that I required – I know cos that’s how far I went in search of. I ended up settling on #8 SAE fasteners, and by the time I returned to the task at hand – it was 9:30PM, and I wasn’t ready. :roll:

I thought that I could leave on Sunday. Rescheduled the motel. Just a little bit more wiring to do. ACK! It took far longer than I had figured. Well – let’s cancel the plan, forgo the STP, and try again tomorrow (Monday).

Go up again early… actually I got up twice in the night to eat cos my body is thinkin’ “We’re gonna go TODAY and I’m hungry so feed me fool!” And I fed the hungry body and went back to bed… twice. Got up at 6:30AM ready to tear arse. Look down the ToDo list, oh yeah – I gotta have that USB-Charger for my cellphone – DING: 1 hour. Um, oh heck I need to cover up that wiring – DING: 90 minutes later. Oh, um – I guess I should pack… hey them new Ortleibs don’t look like my pair from last year… wtf? DING: 90 minutes of swapping hardware.

My life is but a slew of details strung together by the two brain cells randomly firing in the ginormous void between these two ears. Actually he void is filled with sand but I’m not telling… The only show-stopper left is the 24 hour-day; if we had 30 hours – I would be gone.

But at least I will be packed up and ready to go for the morning. Um, except – there was a problem configuring the Speedict device as the driver won’t load, but I’m not going to let that stop me. Um, but the turn signals that I bought turned out to be shite; I have 6 but only 4 are worth a damn… no – I take that back, they are NOT worth a damn. But I’m not going to let that stop me! But then I don’t have a long-enough bolt for the steering dampener – so that can’t get mounted – but I’m not going to let that stop me, no!! And I don’t have the Blinkies installed on the rear trailer – but since I’m not leaving right now, it’ll give me something to do tonight after I go fetch me a long enough bolt, two turn signals, and source the right driver for the Speedict – dammit.

I guess it’s safe to say that because I am now TWO WEEKS late that I have added another week back to my vacation. :wink:

So this is my Life: I hope I shall be v e r y late for my own funeral.
Pictures of the finished assembly shortly. KF :)
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 14134
Joined: Oct 29 2008 1:48am
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by liveforphysics » Jul 11 2011 5:44pm

If you still need metric bolts when you get to Santa Cruz, my shop has a few hundred pounds of them. :-)

Excited to get updates on the journey once it starts. :-)
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

dbaker   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1021
Joined: Oct 24 2008 2:32pm

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by dbaker » Jul 11 2011 6:02pm

No worries, KF. I was just concerned with your safety. I fully understand scope creep :) You are supposed to have fun on your vacation. The trip is more important than the destination :mrgreen: Your hardware complexity is more than twice what it was last year. Even with your troubles most of us are very envious of your trip and your gadgets :D

User avatar
spinningmagnets   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 11207
Joined: Dec 21 2007 10:27pm
Location: Ft Riley, NE Kansas

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by spinningmagnets » Jul 11 2011 6:46pm

Keep everyone posted about any concerns along the way. Since your planned route is posted, any parts that would be helpful can be overnighted to one of your next stops. Best of luck!

User avatar
wineboyrider   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2662
Joined: Sep 30 2009 9:08am
Location: Tularosa, New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by wineboyrider » Jul 11 2011 7:20pm

GODSPEED!
8) 8)
ES IS SAVED! THANK YOU JUSTIN.

SamTexas   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2714
Joined: Dec 29 2010 5:34am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by SamTexas » Jul 11 2011 7:30pm

You could have already been on the road if you spent a little less time talking and a little more time doing. Yes, no, maybe??? Just kidding. Best of luck.

User avatar
Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by Kingfish » Jul 11 2011 7:50pm

SamTexas wrote:You could have already been on the road if you spent a little less time talking and a little more time doing. Yes, no, maybe??? Just kidding. Best of luck.
And now you know why I haven't posted copiously! :lol:

I'm so hungry I'm about to fall over. Taking a break and going to fetch that bolt, er um dinner since I have no food in the saucer, er hidden urban cave...
~KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 572
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by speedict » Jul 12 2011 4:57am

Kingfish wrote:I haven’t left yet. :oops:
I swear to you – I have been up every morning at 6:30AM and working on getting the bike ready up till 10 PM when the neighbors give me the evil eye if I am using power tools. I kid you not.

The problems began Saturday when I was mounting the battery boxes and I realized that the fasteners were too short. Being metric, no one in a 25 mile radius open on a Saturday had the specific type of hardware that I required – I know cos that’s how far I went in search of. I ended up settling on #8 SAE fasteners, and by the time I returned to the task at hand – it was 9:30PM, and I wasn’t ready. :roll:

I thought that I could leave on Sunday. Rescheduled the motel. Just a little bit more wiring to do. ACK! It took far longer than I had figured. Well – let’s cancel the plan, forgo the STP, and try again tomorrow (Monday).

Go up again early… actually I got up twice in the night to eat cos my body is thinkin’ “We’re gonna go TODAY and I’m hungry so feed me fool!” And I fed the hungry body and went back to bed… twice. Got up at 6:30AM ready to tear arse. Look down the ToDo list, oh yeah – I gotta have that USB-Charger for my cellphone – DING: 1 hour. Um, oh heck I need to cover up that wiring – DING: 90 minutes later. Oh, um – I guess I should pack… hey them new Ortleibs don’t look like my pair from last year… wtf? DING: 90 minutes of swapping hardware.

My life is but a slew of details strung together by the two brain cells randomly firing in the ginormous void between these two ears. Actually he void is filled with sand but I’m not telling… The only show-stopper left is the 24 hour-day; if we had 30 hours – I would be gone.

But at least I will be packed up and ready to go for the morning. Um, except – there was a problem configuring the Speedict device as the driver won’t load, but I’m not going to let that stop me. Um, but the turn signals that I bought turned out to be shite; I have 6 but only 4 are worth a damn… no – I take that back, they are NOT worth a damn. But I’m not going to let that stop me! But then I don’t have a long-enough bolt for the steering dampener – so that can’t get mounted – but I’m not going to let that stop me, no!! And I don’t have the Blinkies installed on the rear trailer – but since I’m not leaving right now, it’ll give me something to do tonight after I go fetch me a long enough bolt, two turn signals, and source the right driver for the Speedict – dammit.

I guess it’s safe to say that because I am now TWO WEEKS late that I have added another week back to my vacation. :wink:

So this is my Life: I hope I shall be v e r y late for my own funeral.
Pictures of the finished assembly shortly. KF :)


hi kingfish,

do you have any problem ? can you just connect the speedict ebike and download android client and see the live view first, for the driver problem, i think you are mention windows usb driver install right ? are you running 64 bits windows ? currently we support 32 bits only, let me know if you need any help from us !
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

User avatar
Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by Kingfish » Jul 12 2011 9:52am

speedict wrote:hi kingfish,

do you have any problem ? can you just connect the speedict ebike and download android client and see the live view first, for the driver problem, i think you are mention windows usb driver install right ? are you running 64 bits windows ? currently we support 32 bits only, let me know if you need any help from us !
Thank you; I'm a PC, Win7 x64. Allow me to post my findings in the proper thread. FWIW - I have Speedict integrated. :)

~KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

dnmun   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 16190
Joined: Jun 09 2008 1:32pm
Location: portland, or and loveland, co

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by dnmun » Jul 12 2011 11:36am

cope copiously, it's your vacation after all.

rained here overnight, slight drizzle until now and moving north towards you. supposedly tacks are on the STP bike route in Scapoose, from the STP ride over the weekend.

don't worry about scheduling motels since most will be empty and take you anyway.

with luck you will make it all the way, take charging breaks when you find a justin junction, or impromptu plug to use.

BOL, dm

User avatar
Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by Kingfish » Jul 12 2011 11:58am

dnmun wrote:cope copiously, it's your vacation after all.

rained here overnight, slight drizzle until now and moving north towards you. supposedly tacks are on the STP bike route in Scapoose, from the STP ride over the weekend.

don't worry about scheduling motels since most will be empty and take you anyway.

with luck you will make it all the way, take charging breaks when you find a justin junction, or impromptu plug to use.

BOL, dm
I was up at 5 AM working on the trailer; the covering is being persnicky. Everything is packed. Speedict debugging took a chunck out this morning. Looks like no joy for x64 drivers, although I could try Windows XP-mode and see if that works. Takes more time though - and I so want to get down the road.

Scappoose: That's pretty redneckish. Northern California can be duly ingracious as well.

I'm just plunkin' along trying to git'r done. Saw that we have rain and T-storms brewing: Finally a use for my webbed feet.
Undaunted, KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
Green Machine   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1464
Joined: Jan 18 2010 3:31am
Location: it doesnt matter .... spark a revolution
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by Green Machine » Jul 12 2011 12:02pm

Damn man less amp hours and more riding...leave the trailer behind.

You got a fast charger...pack one more charger and just take a charge break everyday at lunch.

Its time to get on the road!

User avatar
Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by Kingfish » Jul 12 2011 1:41pm

Green Machine wrote:Damn man less amp hours and more riding...leave the trailer behind.

You got a fast charger...pack one more charger and just take a charge break everyday at lunch.

Its time to get on the road!
Ain't gonna be today; I need to take a nap. :cry: But I will be setup for tomorrow AM. Took dnmun's advice and just cancelled the room in Klamath Falls; they have plenty of rooms and know that I am coming.

Without the trailer I am less than I was last year:
  • 2010 = 36 bricks 15S12P; hardest day = 173 miles, climbed 8,000 feet, 15 hours, lot's of pedaling!
  • 2011 = 78 + 4 spares = 15S26P; hardest day will be July 30th likely... 179 miles, climbing 11100 feet, 2WD.
I need to lay down for an hour to recharge after spending my morning adrenaline.
z z z, KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 14134
Joined: Oct 29 2008 1:48am
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by liveforphysics » Jul 12 2011 1:47pm

Kingfish wrote:
dnmun wrote:cope copiously, it's your vacation after all.

rained here overnight, slight drizzle until now and moving north towards you. supposedly tacks are on the STP bike route in Scapoose, from the STP ride over the weekend.

don't worry about scheduling motels since most will be empty and take you anyway.

with luck you will make it all the way, take charging breaks when you find a justin junction, or impromptu plug to use.

BOL, dm
I was up at 5 AM working on the trailer; the covering is being persnicky. Everything is packed. Speedict debugging took a chunck out this morning. Looks like no joy for x64 drivers, although I could try Windows XP-mode and see if that works. Takes more time though - and I so want to get down the road.

Scappoose: That's pretty redneckish. Northern California can be duly ingracious as well.

I'm just plunkin' along trying to git'r done. Saw that we have rain and T-storms brewing: Finally a use for my webbed feet.
Undaunted, KF


Did you not buy an android device to link with the Speedict? It's like a 20 second total setup procedure, download app, connect blu-tooth, done.

Or are you trying to port it to a wind-blows phone or netbook with blutooth or something?
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

User avatar
Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by Kingfish » Jul 12 2011 8:26pm

liveforphysics wrote: Did you not buy an android device to link with the Speedict? It's like a 20 second total setup procedure, download app, connect blu-tooth, done.

Or are you trying to port it to a wind-blows phone or netbook with blutooth or something?
I have the Samsung Droid Charge; it's Android alright. But I must admit that it's been 12 years since I've owned a cellphone and I am not familiar with the unit. I downloaded the eBike app and the phone goes searching for it but doesn't finish. I presume user-error.

Does it HAVE to be hooked up to Windows to work? Do I need to set program the device so my phone sees it? Curious. :?

~KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
wineboyrider   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2662
Joined: Sep 30 2009 9:08am
Location: Tularosa, New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by wineboyrider » Jul 12 2011 9:15pm

Keep looking for Pepsi machine! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
GODSPEED!
ES IS SAVED! THANK YOU JUSTIN.

jonathanm   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 508
Joined: May 15 2011 2:17am

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by jonathanm » Jul 12 2011 10:30pm

It only really needs to hook to windows to upload your data to a computer. Did you look at the user guide? Page 6 onwards has the instructions to get the phone and speedict talking to each other.

oh....I see that you do need to get it talking to the computer to set up your wheel diameter for the speedo / odometer though. don't know what the default is......

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 572
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by speedict » Jul 12 2011 11:46pm

Kingfish wrote:
liveforphysics wrote: Did you not buy an android device to link with the Speedict? It's like a 20 second total setup procedure, download app, connect blu-tooth, done.

Or are you trying to port it to a wind-blows phone or netbook with blutooth or something?
I have the Samsung Droid Charge; it's Android alright. But I must admit that it's been 12 years since I've owned a cellphone and I am not familiar with the unit. I downloaded the eBike app and the phone goes searching for it but doesn't finish. I presume user-error.

Does it HAVE to be hooked up to Windows to work? Do I need to set program the device so my phone sees it? Curious. :?

~KF
hi kingfish,

1. i will prepare a bluetooth pairing procedure for you tonight, in the mean time, you could try it again to pair your speedict just as you pair you bluetooth earpiece.
2. we have 3 clients, one for PC windows and one for Android Smart phone, one for Java phone

on PC windows client you can setup tire circumference, temperature unit, distance unit etc, display data log, gps route record, and upload logs to the Internet
on Android client (1.x) mainly use for live view data, gps map route

therefore if you don't have 32 bits windows, and want to setup tire circumference, temperature units and even low voltage alert you can try Android client 2.0 (but not official release), please let me know, i can send you the .apk but you need to install it manually (not download and install automatically from android market !)
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 572
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by speedict » Jul 13 2011 12:59am

jonathanm wrote:It only really needs to hook to windows to upload your data to a computer. Did you look at the user guide? Page 6 onwards has the instructions to get the phone and speedict talking to each other.

oh....I see that you do need to get it talking to the computer to set up your wheel diameter for the speedo / odometer though. don't know what the default is......
thanks jonathanm,

the user guide from our website is relatively out dated, it's aim for java phone setting especially pairing because on java phone, different brand has their own screen / UI, we just take a sony ericsson as example, however on android world everything is standard, if you know how to pair your bluetooth earpiece, you know how to pair speedict ebike !

with android client version 2 (not release yet, just for some users testing), you can do all settings via android smart phone, such as wheel diameter, odometer, temperature and distance units, low high voltage alert etc., even offline data view.

i will try to speed it up ....
1. apply and pay the 64 bits usb driver certificate, allow speedict windows client can run on 64 bits
2. release the android client 2.0

jonathanm, anyway thank you so much !

cheers,

danny
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

jonathanm   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 508
Joined: May 15 2011 2:17am

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by jonathanm » Jul 13 2011 1:18am

Ah, I didn't realise you could do that on the V2 software, I don't have my phone here.....(left it at work)...64 bit signed drivers would be great too... :)

User avatar
liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 14134
Joined: Oct 29 2008 1:48am
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by liveforphysics » Jul 13 2011 2:15am

Kingfish- Make sure your phone is set to install 3rd party apps. Ideally it would be rooted and running CM7 rather that the awful version of android it shipped with, but that would add a few hours delay to your trip, and isn't very important.

It shouldn't need a PC at all, and it should litterally take 30seconds to install the app and pair to the phone.

I think you're over thinking it.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

User avatar
Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: Going to California: 2011

Post by Kingfish » Jul 13 2011 2:41am

speedict wrote:
Kingfish wrote:
liveforphysics wrote: Did you not buy an android device to link with the Speedict? It's like a 20 second total setup procedure, download app, connect blu-tooth, done.

Or are you trying to port it to a wind-blows phone or netbook with blutooth or something?
I have the Samsung Droid Charge; it's Android alright. But I must admit that it's been 12 years since I've owned a cellphone and I am not familiar with the unit. I downloaded the eBike app and the phone goes searching for it but doesn't finish. I presume user-error.

Does it HAVE to be hooked up to Windows to work? Do I need to set program the device so my phone sees it? Curious. :?

~KF
hi kingfish,

1. i will prepare a bluetooth pairing procedure for you tonight, in the mean time, you could try it again to pair your speedict just as you pair you bluetooth earpiece.
2. we have 3 clients, one for PC windows and one for Android Smart phone, one for Java phone

on PC windows client you can setup tire circumference, temperature unit, distance unit etc, display data log, gps route record, and upload logs to the Internet
on Android client (1.x) mainly use for live view data, gps map route

therefore if you don't have 32 bits windows, and want to setup tire circumference, temperature units and even low voltage alert you can try Android client 2.0 (but not official release), please let me know, i can send you the .apk but you need to install it manually (not download and install automatically from android market !)
Hi Danny

I just did the manual install of the V2 client with info from this thread. Install went fine. I have the device connected to power and temp/speed sensors. When I bring the Speedict eBike app up (V2) it says my ebike device is offline and there is nothing else to do - although it keeps my phone active; doesn't sleep.

I really appreciate your support, KF :)
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Post Reply