Forum Maintenance Tonight

knightmb

100 kW
Just a heads up, tonight at Midnight, the forum will be a frozen state while I do some behind the scenes maintenance.

For those tech heads, it's an upgrade on both bandwidth and CPU power.

The process will take a few hours, so don't fret when you see the "forum is down for maintenance" message later tonight.

Thanks Everyone!

Ok, it took a long time, but the new stuff is online. Mainly, I want to make sure that everything here is working properly.

Older Attachments might not be available for a while since they are running through a process to try and repair those that have been corrupted. Any new attachments you post here though will be fine. So if you are trying to download an attachment and it's not available right now, give it some time before you try again.

test.

Older attachment.
file.php

compcube200.gif

(Will check this topic to see when the old one is visible.)

There is some data loss! :(

I received a PM from RTLSHIP yesterday, and now neither it nor my reply to him exist anywhere in my PM folders.

Fortunately, I type stuff up outside of the browser and also use a multiclip clipboard that logs and saves, and copy/paste everything, so I still have a copy of it to resend to him.

But this means that there is certainly other lost data, too. I do not know what time it was when I replied, but it was before the board started showing "this board is disabled" in the upper left corner.

Just a heads up, in case there's anything to be done about it.

amberwolf said:
There is some data loss! :(

I received a PM from RTLSHIP yesterday, and now neither it nor my reply to him exist anywhere in my PM folders.

Fortunately, I type stuff up outside of the browser and also use a multiclip clipboard that logs and saves, and copy/paste everything, so I still have a copy of it to resend to him.

But this means that there is certainly other lost data, too. I do not know what time it was when I replied, but it was before the board started showing "this board is disabled" in the upper left corner.

Just a heads up, in case there's anything to be done about it.
I'm checking now, the PM database appears to be identical to the last one, the only difference is that it has a few "more" messages due to today I'm sure. If you don't mind me checking, I'll use your account as a base to compare. :)

pics in this thread not viewable unless you click on the link..... :D

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23143&start=135

Lenk42602 said:
Large images do not display without click.

Seems the thumbnail feature is inop:

Attachments

• IMG_3728.JPG
    IMG_3728.JPG
    498 KB · Views: 1,664
knightmb said:
I'm checking now, the PM database appears to be identical to the last one, the only difference is that it has a few "more" messages due to today I'm sure. If you don't mind me checking, I'll use your account as a base to compare. :)
No problem...it appears to have partly "healed" now, and it has the original PM from RTLSHIP again, shown as from "Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:06 pm", which sounds right (but I don't remember for sure).

But it does not have my original reply (only the new one I made today), which would've been made sometime after 945pm AZ time last night (8-2-11), right after I got the PM notification when I sat down at the computer to check email, after I got home from work.

Perhaps my reply was made after the server work had started, but before the board was locked? Doesn't matter, if mine was the only bit in the missing bucket; I was just worried that other data could've been lost, too, from afternoon onward to late night, by others.

TylerDurden said:
Lenk42602 said:
Large images do not display without click.

Seems the thumbnail feature is inop:
Yeah, I just noticed that too, I miss the thumbnails, gotta figure out what happened with image magic software.

Seems as if some (not all) of the older images are also recovered/healed. Looked at some from '07, '08 etc.

Some as recent as a year ago are still MIA: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14748&start=15

Many of my pics still gone too.

Back