Is this the same KnightMB that sold us out?

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
spinningmagnets   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Is this the same KnightMB that sold us out?

Post by spinningmagnets » Mar 28 2014 1:30pm

I apologize if I got something wrong, don't know if he was the owner/employee.

I can understand the idea that cash is paypaled to an exchange, and then converted into bitcoin, and then...I can use bitcoin to make encrypted transactions. But...how does one "mine" bitcoins?

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Mar 29 2014 4:30pm

Bitcoins are an answer to a VERY complex math problem.

To mine Bitcoins, you setup computers to be working out solutions to the math problems.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

mark5   100 kW

100 kW

Post by mark5 » Mar 29 2014 4:40pm

How a total n00b mined $700 in bitcoins
We take a Butterfly Labs Bitcoin miner, plug it in, and make it (virtually) rain.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/06/ ... -bitcoins/

Gold in them bits: Inside the world’s most mysterious Bitcoin mining company
Butterfly Labs has taken millions of dollars worth of orders for its hardware.
http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/06 ... g-company/

Bitcoin mining explained
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comment ... t_in_eli5/

TylerDurden   100 GW

100 GW

Post by TylerDurden » Mar 29 2014 9:51pm

Nakamoto's Neighbor: My Hunt For Bitcoin's Creator Led To A Paralyzed Crypto Genius

"Just hours after Newsweek‘s story hit the Web, I received an email from an old cryptography community acquaintance of Finney’s who has asked to remain anonymous. The email was titled “What are the odds?” It pointed out that Hal Finney had lived for almost a decade in Temple City, the same 36,000 person town where Newsweek found Dorian Nakamoto. Finney’s address was only a few blocks away from the Nakamoto’s family home.

This was an uncanny link: Finney is known to be the second-ever user of Bitcoin after Satoshi Nakamoto himself. He had been one of the first supporters of the idea when Nakamoto floated it on a cryptography mail list, and even received the first Bitcoin test transaction from Nakamoto in early 2009, as Finney himself wrote in a post to the Bitcointalk forum.

In other words, the possibly-first and confirmed-second ever users of Bitcoin lived just blocks apart."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenbe ... who-wasnt/
Have a Nice Day,

TD

FYI: Adding pictures?

Bored?... take a crack at the unanswered posts

Please post your Watts-at-speed in the survey.

silviasol   10 kW

10 kW

Post by silviasol » Mar 31 2014 7:56am

I have heard of this bitcoin, but have no idea what it is. Just internet money to buy and spend online? I heard about coinye a few months ago, lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coinye
Current project: 10s 20ah sensored goped hoverboard
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 35&t=62155

Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Dauntless » May 01 2014 1:16am

Good to hear MIT can just blown half a million on something frivilous. Our California schools would kill for some pocketchange. Perhaps Mr. Knight can sell a little of is booty before the entire exchange collapses.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/04/30/m ... d%3D470469
Any sufficiently advanced technology is INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC!
- Arthur C. Clarke

oatnet   10 MW

10 MW

Post by oatnet » May 01 2014 12:37pm

Dauntless wrote:Good to hear MIT can just blown half a million on something frivilous. Our California schools would kill for some pocketchange. Perhaps Mr. Knight can sell a little of is booty before the entire exchange collapses.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/04/30/m ... d%3D470469
My California school system seems to have all the cash it can handle. The local high school and middle schools have rebuilt every sports facility in the past 3 years, from swimming pool to tennis courts, soccer, softball, baseball, football field AstroTurf, trac resurfaced, maintenance builds, adding solar, etc. I hope they are spending half as much as actual education, as they are on after-school entertainment.

I am really sick of the bonds that keep getting floated with ads about fixing deteriorating classrooms and buying textbooks, but seem to end up funding everything BUT education. Suckers, er Voters see "kids in need" and vote for the bond issues that jack up tax rates, but the bonds are really feeding the fat cats selling the contracts to install this crap. Between that and the teachers/police unions, California is really over a barrel - Detroit-style bankruptcy here we come.
Member 117 of 26,000+

153v DUNE BUGGY © 164v Vectrix E-Moto © 72v Norco A-line/x5403 © 60v Specialized Enduro Comp/BMC © 72v x5tracycle © 48v TF IO/BMC © 36v Kepler FrictionDrive © Spot-Welding a123 © Pelican Front Packs © Vectrix Battery Replacement © MORE !!

Image大鸡巴 Motors
Knowledge is acquired through experience, everything else is just information - Albert Einstein
"Cheater?" I'm not competing, I'm Commuting!

Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Dauntless » May 02 2014 1:12am

I can't guess what district this would be. Beverly Hills? They're starving around me. Better than 3-5 years ago, but. . . .
- Arthur C. Clarke

oatnet   10 MW

10 MW

Post by oatnet » May 02 2014 11:59am

Dauntless wrote:I can't guess what district this would be. Beverly Hills? They're starving around me. Better than 3-5 years ago, but. . . .

Not Beverly Hills, just generic suburbia in LA County. Don't get me wrong, our school district is whining about not having enough supplies/textbooks/teachers and warning of impending crisis and doom... while spending cash on infrastructure like Donald Trump. After the 2008 crash there was a lot of hubbub about not having money to pay teachers - while they ripped up two blocks of perfectly fine tennis courts and replaced them with identical tennis courts, and redid all the fields in AstroTurf. That is when I noticed the nonstop construction, which persists to this day.
Member 117 of 26,000+

153v DUNE BUGGY © 164v Vectrix E-Moto © 72v Norco A-line/x5403 © 60v Specialized Enduro Comp/BMC © 72v x5tracycle © 48v TF IO/BMC © 36v Kepler FrictionDrive © Spot-Welding a123 © Pelican Front Packs © Vectrix Battery Replacement © MORE !!

Image大鸡巴 Motors
Knowledge is acquired through experience, everything else is just information - Albert Einstein
"Cheater?" I'm not competing, I'm Commuting!

Chalo   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Chalo » May 02 2014 12:24pm

oatnet wrote:After the 2008 crash there was a lot of hubbub about not having money to pay teachers - while they ripped up two blocks of perfectly fine tennis courts and replaced them with identical tennis courts, and redid all the fields in AstroTurf. That is when I noticed the nonstop construction, which persists to this day.
Capital budgets and operating budgets are different things; any business owner knows this.

The schools may be building things that last for decades, using previously approved bond money that will be paid back over decades. (They also may be using money that came from the state or federal government to do this.) You don't take out long-term loans to pay your staff, though. You pay them out of current revenues, because you have to pay them every month.
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

scriewy   100 W

100 W

Post by scriewy » May 14 2014 11:50am

dan munsterman why you following so closely after the events of BTC, you spreading salt on knightMBs wounds :mrgreen: :?:
EviL Knievel

oatnet i know building contractors use schemes like striking a deal with who ever is dirty in school controlling the budget, saying il put in receipt the job costs 20,000$ though it really costs 15,000$ so the 5000$ wel split between us dirty scumbags, thats why you can see some totally unneeded construction jobs that make you wonder what the FUK, while a near by block, a road is totally busted for decades that could really use some rebuilding

do we as endless-sphere collective feel like we want to kill knightMB :?:
it's a pitty i wont stay to see the world crumble, u jedi Scum

clyte 405,
went through battle, bloody resurected Dewalts 4x28v 2s2p usable 2.7ah, 52v drops to 44v at 54kmh
78v 2ah Vdrop to 58v at max 66kmh.
72kg rider + 23kg bike.
keywin 20a 30-70v mod to 6 4110 as methods advised for noobs, shunted 38a
clyte 24-72v 40a mod 4310 to 4110, shunted to 77a
17.5.11 - 5000km
at 78v 4ah 72.7kmh Vdrop to 68v
10.11 - 82.1kmh
30.8.12-17000km

a place for lasers as ES is for e-vehicles - laserpointerforums.com

Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Dauntless » May 14 2014 7:58pm

scriewy wrote: do we as endless-sphere collective feel like we want to kill knightMB :?:
If so, get over it.

Man, just sounds like Knight got himself in there at the schools.

So didn't the federal government recently announce that people WOULD lose money on their bitcoins?

http://rt.com/usa/caldwell-casascius-bitcoin-mint-157/
- Arthur C. Clarke

Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Dauntless » May 18 2014 1:27am

Dogecoin beats Danica Patrick.

Maybe a few years ago when she could do the 'Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition' she could have withstood the challenge. But as she gets on in years all it takes is some Dogecoin and Reddit to push her aside.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/ ... s-fan-vote

Can Bitcoin top THAT? KnightMB sponsoring an Indycar?
- Arthur C. Clarke

Ithanul   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Ithanul » May 19 2014 6:57pm

Dauntless wrote: So didn't the federal government recently announce that people WOULD lose money on their bitcoins?

http://rt.com/usa/caldwell-casascius-bitcoin-mint-157/
Bitcoin and any digital crypto currency suppose to be taxed, but good luck to them since these coins where built from ground up for being anonymous exchange. Though, they probably can try nabbing the peeps when they convert digital currency to real currency. It really no longer very profitable to even mine Bitcoin because the difficulty settings is now so high from dedicated miner hardware. Reason I am still kicking myself for not mining some back when it was very easy to mine, even my main rig was decent rig those few years back. Only way now to get it is mining other coins to exchange for it, or trade real money for Bitcoin since it kind of acts like a stock in its value.

Of course there are other digital currency like Litecoin, Feathercoin, etc. that use a different code to mine that was suppose to keep dedicated miner hardware from being made for it, but that did not last long as there is hardware being made for it now. Just not as easy to make compared to Bitcoin's code. Did give a go at Litecoin, but since electric is not cheap in California, and I kind of don't want to kill my 7970 video card while mining. Poor thing was breaking 60+ Celsius while doing it. Though, great stress test when testing clocks on a card. But now 7970 my dedicated folder instead.
Dauntless wrote:Dogecoin beats Danica Patrick.

Maybe a few years ago when she could do the 'Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition' she could have withstood the challenge. But as she gets on in years all it takes is some Dogecoin and Reddit to push her aside.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/ ... s-fan-vote

Can Bitcoin top THAT? KnightMB sponsoring an Indycar?
O lord, the Dogecoin. Suppose to be a joke coin, but it amazing what been done with it. Remember over on the computer forum I go to. Everybody was mining it for the giggles. :lol:
Currently in North California. Home State though is Alabama.
Big into computers. Current two rigs:
24/7 Folder - CPU:1090T with Corsair H60, GPU:Radeon 7970, RAM: 4GB G.Skill 1600MHz, Mobo:ASUS M4A87TD EVO, Intel SSD, Case:NZXT Apollo
Main Rig(Currently in Rebuild) - CPU:i7 4770K with XSPC Raystorm block, GPUs:2 x Titans with full EK waterblocks, RAM:16GB Corsair Dominatior Platinum 1866MHz, Mobo:MSI Z87-GD65, SSDs:Samsung Pro 256GB, Crucial m4 512GB, HDD:Seagate Barracuda 3TB, Case:Haf X modified

Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Dauntless » Jun 01 2014 8:43pm

If you can buy gold with Bitcoins, I know what I'd spend 100% of mine on. If I had any.

- Arthur C. Clarke

methods   10 GW

10 GW

Post by methods » Jul 27 2014 12:08pm

I am again being prompted...

On a side note:
I will not return to the forum in a technical/social capacity until the last of my (Methods Technology) business is resolved
(ship a box or two, repay some kindness, etc. Has to be that way out of General Principle. Anyone who continues to participate whilst not addressing business is not in my good graces)

That said -> If anyone has spare bandwidth... could you investigate this for me and report back via Email?
(You can find my email thru my sig)

Gridcoin Info from cryptocointalk
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/

What I am interested in knowing is how novel gridcoin is.
Is it one of many or one alone?

thank you
I will return once I have secured income, dealt with loose ends, and have something interesting to work on with you guys.

-methods

methods wrote::wink:

We don't rewrite history around here. The facts stay... and the motive can be speculated on.

-methods
Increasing battery voltage and controller current limit will result in a non linear experience

Falco   100 W

100 W

Post by Falco » Jul 28 2014 4:55pm

methods wrote:I am again being prompted...

On a side note:
I will not return to the forum in a technical/social capacity until the last of my (Methods Technology) business is resolved
(ship a box or two, repay some kindness, etc. Has to be that way out of General Principle. Anyone who continues to participate whilst not addressing business is not in my good graces)

That said -> If anyone has spare bandwidth... could you investigate this for me and report back via Email?

thank you
I will return once I have secured income, dealt with loose ends, and have something interesting to work on with you guys.

-methods

We don't rewrite history around here. The facts stay... and the motive can be speculated on.

-methods
holy sh@t he returns!
2012 Giant Anthem SL0 Carbon fiber bike running BBS02, 13s4p Samsung 18650 25r, Di2 XTR shift kit.

Falco   100 W

100 W

Post by Falco » Jul 28 2014 5:03pm

methods wrote:I am again being prompted...

On a side note:

thank you

-methods

-methods
holy sh@t he returns!
2012 Giant Anthem SL0 Carbon fiber bike running BBS02, 13s4p Samsung 18650 25r, Di2 XTR shift kit.

Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Dauntless » Jul 29 2014 12:13am

methods wrote: Anyone who continues to participate whilst not addressing business is not in my good graces)
??
- Arthur C. Clarke

teslanv   100 MW

100 MW

Post by teslanv » Jul 29 2014 12:36am

methods wrote:If anyone has spare bandwidth... could you investigate this for me and report back via Email?
Looks like a "botnet" for volunteer PCs. Theoretically doing good deed computing for research.
I like that you can choose the projects you want to devote your processing power towards...
[edit] Got signed up for boinc.berkeley.edu, and am currently donating my spare pc power towards SETI (search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) -Cause who didn't love the movie "Contact", and a Bio Research project called Rosetta through the University of Washington (my Alma Mater) which is working on cures for HIV, Malaria, Cancer & Alzheimer's. (My Paternal Grandmother had Alzheimer's pretty bad before she died, and I worry my Dad is starting to show signs.)
DD Hubs, Batteries, Controllers & Custom Ebikes.
http://westcoastelectrics.com
West Coast Electric Cycles
Bellevue, WA
USA