Attention all DUI drivers !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8norcal

1 MW
We start off the blog http://martinracingperformance.blogspot.com/
with some advice for the new year. This week is one of the most important weeks for scooter shops ( as is the first week every year ) you have people who just got pulled over for being an idiot and driving drunk and no longer have a license. Go after them!

The saddest thing is that if you don't as a business owner another scooter store will. One of our clients has doubled his business every January every year doing this.

If legal in your state get the list of people who just lost their license this past weekend. Send them a postcard, then a mailer, invite them into the shop, because many of them will attempt and continue to drive without a license until they get caught.

Once caught they will pay even more money in fines and possible jail time. A simple solution in most states is a 50cc scooter. It keeps other people safe, makes you money, and helps them avoid jail. People need to get to work and if this is a legal option then you need to pursue this market as a store owner.

[youtube]b6Vk0yKgeWw[/youtube]

Shows how well they catch em the rest of the year. Around here, the appearance is they catch you mostly after you kill your girlfriend in the passenger seat.

Get convicted of a DUII where I live and you're not allowed to ride an ebike for at least a year.

In the large majority of US states it is illegal to ride a scooter without some form of drivers license, even the super lax missouri. Indiana and NC are the only two exceptions I know of. I'm sure there are a few more , but there aren't many.

I want to slap those glasses off his face, looks like he stole them from snookie.

Same here in NM, no such thing as an ebike. All motorized bikes of any kind are mopeds, requiring a valid licence.

But you get totaly ignored if you look like a bicycle, and stop at the stop sign. 8) And mopeds aren't reqired to carry insurance or a registration.

I lost my license but not from a dui but from being hit by a cadillac. In fl you don't have to have insurance on a motorcycle and since im poor and drove a tiny 250cc motorcycle i figured the worst I could do was scratch some paint. In my 10 years of motorcycle riding i did get in one fender bender and i paid for the scratched bumper in cash no big deal. A couple of years ago a cadillac in front of me pulled off the road completely past the white line and stopped. As i went by them they pulled back onto the road dirrectly into me. As i lay screaming in the road wriggling like a squashed insect they never ot out of their car. I was rushed to the hospital and as i lay in the hospital they told the cop I rear ended them though the damage was on the side of their car. it totaled my motorcycle, scratched their paint, broke two of my ribs, and racked up nine grand in hospital bills for me. I was ordered to pay three grand for their scratched paint and I said i would rather burn in hell. so I lost my license and drive an ebike every where. :twisted: I lost my place in respectable society credit and all that but fu*% it and fu@$ them.

maydaverave said:
i figured the worst I could do was scratch some paint. In my 10 years of motorcycle riding i did get in one fender bender and i paid for the scratched bumper in cash no big deal.

2 Years ago in Sydney, someone riding a motorcycle came around a corner and was hit by an opening car door. He suffered a few broken ribs, but get this - His motorcycle continued out of control to hit an older lady, killing her.

You just never know what may happen, no matter how unlikely. I went about 4 years with only the basic mandatory insurance. In that time, I had my car stolen twice, ran up the back of someone, which I paid $9k in cash for, and had two people run up the back of me. One I managed to threaten into paying for damages, the other refused and I would have had to go to court for $3k in damages, so I let it go.

Since then, for 7 years, I've had comprehensive insurance, and not had any accidents nor had my car stolen... Go figure. I reckon Insurance companies have a joint database with number plate matching, and send out teams of criminals to only steal cars that aren't fully insured and drive recklessly in front of them, or just run up the back of them and refuse to pay damages.

Sunder said:
maydaverave said:
i figured the worst I could do was scratch some paint. In my 10 years of motorcycle riding i did get in one fender bender and i paid for the scratched bumper in cash no big deal.

2 Years ago in Sydney, someone riding a motorcycle came around a corner and was hit by an opening car door. He suffered a few broken ribs, but get this - His motorcycle continued out of control to hit an older lady, killing her.

You just never know what may happen, no matter how unlikely. I went about 4 years with only the basic mandatory insurance. In that time, I had my car stolen twice, ran up the back of someone, which I paid $9k in cash for, and had two people run up the back of me. One I managed to threaten into paying for damages, the other refused and I would have had to go to court for $3k in damages, so I let it go.inkin

Since then, for 7 years, I've had comprehensive insurance, and not had any accidents nor had my car stolen... Go figure. I reckon Insurance companies have a joint database with number plate matching, and send out teams of criminals to only steal cars that aren't fully insured and drive recklessly in front of them, or just run up the back of them and refuse to pay damages.
I could get my license back with a little effort and a decent chunk of money but I don't miss it. I live in a small town where an ebike is just as functional. I am from west virginia and riding a motorcycle up there was amazing but here it is just traffic and stoplights. To me I get more of that free feeling that got me addicted to motorcycles on my ebike. I like living different, better, and easier than everybody else :D I rebel against society not by drinking and driving and or driving crazy but by driving simple, sensible, clean, cheap, and fun transportation.

The criminal code states you can not operate a motor vehicle on public land, that means even a ride on mower, stand up scooter, segway, boats = anything motorized. You can do whatever you want on private land.

Cops wont hassle anyone being responsible on an ebike. They dont even care about ICE bicycles.

I believe everyone can change the course of their life, and go in a better direction, so...If you've lost your license, please take that as a milestone in your life...you're not dead, so you have a second chance.

I like an adult beverage when I am mowing the lawn or doing any other boring job that has to be done by somebody, but nobody needs to drink and drive. Wait till you get home. If you've lost your license, get an ebike and an E-kickscooter. I know some places still require you to have a license, but...if it looks like a bike and your pedaling, and you just need to go to the corner store for some bread and milk?

I got several speeding tickets when I was a young man, and I was pulled over many times and let off with a warning a few times...For the last 30 years I don't think I've been pulled over once...Don't ride like a nut, and they don't even see you. And...even on an ebike, wait till you get home to have a drink. If you get arrested after you've lost your license (for being drunk on an ebike), I have no sympathy for your situation.

Well stated spinningmagnets!!! As a convicted DUI offender who spent 4 1/2 years in prison, I can only say to those who choose to drink and drive to wise up and heed the advice of those who have gone before you. Even after all that time behind bars, when I got out they still wanted $10,000 for reinstatement so don't think it'll be over just by doing the time. Add to that the cost of DUI school and SR22 insurance and the grand total keeps going up. I just this past summer built my first e-bike, partly because I was tired of depending on others for rides, partly because it was an idea I entertained in my youth. Goes without saying that I wish I had listened to everyone when I was younger, but do the crime, do the time. Of course the sad reality of it all is the victims of drunk driving accidents, lives changed forever because of the selfishness of one. Luckily for me I wasn't one of those statistics, but everyone isn't so lucky, or blessed depending on your spiritual stance. Now every time I ride I wonder if the person who is crowding me off the road is drunk or otherwise impaired. Ride on safely people!!!

Ahhh...the ol' SR22. When I was young and I had just gotten out of the Navy, I had just enough money for a used car. So I decided to drive without insurance for a couple months, until I got on my feet (financially).

Of course....I got into a minor fender bender. Not my fault, but...I was driving without insurance. I had to get SR22 insurance which cost twice as much, and if I let it lapse, I would automatically lose my license. So, guess what happened next? (it was already pricey due to me being an unmarried male under 25, now it was double)

My insurance agent accidentally credited my payment to the wrong account. Normally a typo results in a warning letter, and I would then show the cancelled check (back when payments were made with ink and paper, and then you'd get the check back for your records).

I found out my payment had been mishandled when I got a computer-generated auto notification that my license had been revoked for failure to maintain an SR22.

So, I can't drive, but...I somehow have to get proof from my insurance agent, and then take it to the DMV (before the DMV was online, us cavemen had to actually show up in person and stand in a really long line). SMH / Shakes My Head (in disbelief)

markz said:
The criminal code states you can not operate a motor vehicle on public land, that means even a ride on mower, stand up scooter, segway, boats = anything motorized.
Not necessarily true. A "motor vehicle" is a very specific definition in each locality's legal code, and may actually specifically exclude anything other than what we commonly think of as cars, trucks, buses, etc.

It doesnt' mean that there arent' parts of the code that also say you can't operate those other things while under the influence of something, or case law that sets a precedent for them. ;)

spinningmagnets said:
Ahhh...the ol' SR22. When I was young and I had just gotten out of the Navy, I had just enough money for a used car. So I decided to drive without insurance for a couple months, until I got on my feet (financially).

Of course....I got into a minor fender bender. Not my fault, but...I was driving without insurance. I had to get SR22 insurance which cost twice as much, and if I let it lapse, I would automatically lose my license. So, guess what happened next? (it was already pricey due to me being an unmarried male under 25, now it was double)

My insurance agent accidentally credited my payment to the wrong account. Normally a typo results in a warning letter, and I would then show the cancelled check (back when payments were made with ink and paper, and then you'd get the check back for your records).

I found out my payment had been mishandled when I got a computer-generated auto notification that my license had been revoked for failure to maintain an SR22.

So, I can't drive, but...I somehow have to get proof from my insurance agent, and then take it to the DMV (before the DMV was online, us cavemen had to actually show up in person and stand in a really long line). SMH / Shakes My Head (in disbelief)
SR 22 sounds like a Navy aircraft. LOL

Here in Ontario Canada if you have been suspended for DUI you are not allowed to drive an ebike. I get pulled over 2-3 times a year and they do a full check. I have a full license so its no big deal for me. I am just to cheap to pay gas and insurance for a second car. My wife drives main car.

dui_zps4aea6460.jpg

kneedeep said:
Here in Ontario Canada if you have been suspended for DUI you are not allowed to drive an ebike. I get pulled over 2-3 times a year and they do a full check. I have a full license so its no big deal for me. I am just to cheap to pay gas and insurance for a second car. My wife drives main car.

What are you doing that the pigs are not only pulling you over 2-3 times a year but they are also doing a full check?

Sounds fishy to me. Over blown scare tactics are always fishy. I have talked to countless people on noisy gasoline electric bicycles and they have never been stopped NEVER! So unless you are doing wheelies, pissing the public off, doing burnouts, speeding, or your bike does not LOOK like a bicycle say for example
This

or this

or this

you wont have any problems with something like

This[
/url]

[url=http://electricbikereport.mountainbikeridi.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/gallery/prodeco-electric-bikes/prodeco-outlaw-ss-electric-bike.jpg]This

or this

LOL That vid is like 12am on the Audi's car clock radio when they roll up to their house, easy to find their house now if ya want.

LOL Interesting story. To me it sounds like a rambling story you'd hear at the pub LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back