Video - Man cuts down tree - score: Tree 1 Man nil

MitchJi

10 MW
Hi,

[youtube]sRacdbwSaUc[/youtube]
youtube said:
A man spends all day chopping down a tree but then it falls on his house.
All day to chop down one tree :roll: ?

It didn't "fall on his house". He felled it onto his house.

I think someone was anticipating this. :mrgreen:

The heavier side of the tree seemed to be facing the house. There was a chance it could have fallen the wrong way regardless but your man turned that possibility into an inevitability. :mrgreen:

Might have been a pissed off EX-Husband too?! who lost the house in divorce settlment to a money hungry ex-missus, and thought "frock her, i'll show the bitch...::grabs axe::" LoL..

KiM

It's good to see you on here KiM!

liveforphysics said:
It's good to see you on here KiM!

never far away buddy, have the HTC Sensation in the ol pocket checking active topics daily, just
not replying as much as i used to is all ;) Keeping upto date though ...

hope all is well with you Luke ;)

KiM

I did the exact same thing once, but it only took a few minuites with my huge chain saw. Tree smaller than that one, but still a 75 foot tall pine tree. No damage to the house luckily, because it was a very steep A frame roof, quite strong.

I thought you were supposed to cut the big notch on the side you want it to fall towards. It's the opposite, you cut a small notch, then use wedges on the cut on the other side.

Yeah.. my then skinny ass worked one summer with my father in the woods cutting down monsters.. it's an art !!!

Factor in wind, terrain, lean, loose branches, BEFORE you touch the thing.. incredible i made it thru the season without killing myself.

We had a Skidder : ( random google pic )
skidder.jpg

makes life way easier, when you fall a tree , into another tree.. you can hook to it and pull it down instead of having to walk to the 2nd tree and fall it while another tree is leaning into that tree.. ( DANGEROUS )

Nearly cut my leg off a few times... :eek:

liveforphysics wrote:It's good to see you on here KiM!

never far away buddy, have the HTC Sensation in the ol pocket checking active topics daily, just
not replying as much as i used to is all Keeping upto date though ...

When you come up for air from eating that sweet feline right Kim? You are like Alf let loose in a cat shelter. Nom nom nom.

EDIT: I just want to be first on the record that I am jealous. There I said it.

If there's nothing to hit, I'll chop it down myself. But if there's the possibility of hitting something expensive, I'd rather pay someone.

And it took him all day? I haven't used an axe much (I'm a lazy bugger with a chainsaw) just chopping up the odd bit of firewood.
But I'm guessing he was doing something wrong.

eucalyptus.jpg

You might not have to chop it down, it might volunteer itself. I used to have one huge eucalyptus tree (They're known for this) in my front yard, now there's this small thing growing out of the stump. It was raining one day, since where I was going would be outdoors, I waited a little longer to leave. On my way to the door, perhaps a whole minute too late, I hear this huge crunch. . . .

. . . .Took about 3 hours with a chainsaw to get the truck loose, perhaps some 40+ hours to clean the whole thing up. Dragged on over a week of me making time for it. Numerous individuals tried to talk me into paying them to do itstead. One literally said, in bad english, "You're a WHITE guy, you no finish this."

Philistine said:
liveforphysics wrote:It's good to see you on here KiM!

not replying as much as i used to is all Keeping upto date though ...

When you come up for air from eating that sweet feline right Kim? You are like Alf let loose in a cat shelter. Nom nom nom.

EDIT: I just want to be first on the record that I am jealous. There I said it.

HAHAHA too funny...and so true :mrgreen:

KiM

She's given him a breather and enough time to reach the keyboard before being snatched back, lucky man,
Felling tree's and limbs has always been a dangerous job in my experience, one where a mate climbs a tall one in his parents backyard with chainsaw saw in hand, rope tied to limb and to me in old holden ute with one of my seemingly strong boat anchor ropes, his GF telling me more power then rope breaks leaving him wavering about at ten metres up, then the professionals get a call

XLR8 said:
Karan,
Can't you let AJ go out and play in his garage for a while. I miss his build threads, videos and banter.

I do sleep for four hours each night gives him plenty of time for manly garage stuff
Karan

Jesters_Gurl said:
XLR8 said:
Karan,
Can't you let AJ go out and play in his garage for a while. I miss his build threads, videos and banter.

I do sleep for four hours each night gives him plenty of time for manly garage stuff
Karan

LoL...your so bad bebe' :p ...

@Xlr8- i have actually started winding a Turnigy CA120 yesterday

This motor will be the power behind the next build, the cromo replica of my current two speed cruiser, you shall get a build log and lots
of pics buddy ;) Karan has allowed me to setup my gear in her very spacious garage... :wink: Just need to
get motivated enough to start fabricating, the hot weather has subsided somwhat so easier
to heaqd to the workshop now, you can expect something in the next few weeks mate ;) if
not Karan will likely get off her back and onto mine LoL...sowwy dear :: cowers ::

KiM

p.s and yes jesters_gurl is actually my girlfriend, i made her an account this morning so she could comment...
that means fellas? ....we have another female member on ES!!!........

AussieJester said:
that means fellas? ....we have another female member on ES!!!........

Awesome! That's what, two!!! ;)

Katherine, despite being an avid e-biker still won't sign up. Oh well, probably just as well :)

I think it was on purpose. Why would it be filmed unless they were planning for something like that to happen? Maybe someone bought the property with an old house, intending to tear it down and build something else. So, why not have a little fun? That's what I think happened.

I cut down tall trees near my house once, but used strong steel cable, attached it to the trunk a good bit up, and put tension on it so that it would fall a different direction.

I think this was staged.

I love that avatar suggestion Full-throttle, but I am concerned that it doesn't do justice to my technique. It makes it look like I just get in there like I am eating a tasty icecream, there is so much more going on than that. At the same time, I don't think I could have an avatar that gave an accurate representation of what I do, or it would be like that Japanese movie "The Ring". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_(film)

People would stare at the avatar and go into shock or die seven days later. The only way they could ward off their death, is to make someone else watch the avatar video of my technique....

Chilling....

Philistine said:
I love that avatar suggestion Full-throttle, but I am concerned that it doesn't do justice to my technique. It makes it look like I just get in there like I am eating a tasty icecream, there is so much more going on than that. At the same time, I don't think I could have an avatar that gave an accurate representation of what I do, or it would be like that Japanese movie "The Ring". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_(film)

People would stare at the avatar and go into shock or die seven days later. The only way they could ward off their death, is to make someone else watch the avatar video of my technique....

Chilling....

pictures or it didn't happen :p

Back