For Doc...

philf

1 kW
A while back, I joked about what might happen if Doc (Doctorbass) got his bike going 88MPH.

While visiting the local Sayal Electronics, here in Burlington, I think I accidently discovered where Doc gets one of his secret parts...

fluxcaps.jpg

Now, if they could just spell...

philf said:
Now, if they could just spell...
I'm sure that's intentional, to stay clear of the Hollywood intellectual property lawyers!

Do they have any in stock and how much do they cost! :D

I'm pretty sure that sign is shopped.

boppinbob said:

If you are serious, the reason why it has a tiny bit of a shopped look is because that's a bigger posterboard where they put on another layer of the sign, so there's a border between the white of the structural board and the white of the paper put on the board.

boppinbob said:

NO. It is not "shopped" - it's straight off my Blackberry. Any local doubters are welcome to visit the store at 4380 Harvester Road, here in Burlington, and see for themselves :)

The thing that was funnier than the sign (it's the same on both sides) is that the staff of this particular shop are all Indian, and don't seem to be up on pop culture. When I acknowledged what I thought was a possible deliberate attempt to make humour, the staffer that I mentioned it to had no idea what I was referring to and, instead, only acknowledged the mis-spelling of "Capacitor" as being the single problem with the signage. A happy accident! And, yes, that aisle does contain mostly soldering supplies (irons, solder, wick, flux, etc.) before transitioning to components...

You guys have been duped...
I went to the store today and the sign does NOT say flux capacitors. See the picture I took below of the real sign with no editing. Picture taken directly off of my Blackberry.
Flux Capacitors... come on..

Attachments

• Store.jpg
    Store.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 500
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

philf said:
While visiting the local Sayal Electronics, here in Burlington, I think I accidently discovered where Doc gets one of his secret parts...

boppinbob said:

NO. It is not "shopped" - it's straight off my Blackberry. Any local doubters are welcome to visit the store at 4380 Harvester Road, here in Burlington, and see for themselves :)

As soon as I learned the secret location for Doctorbass' Flux Capcitors (sp) :oops: I went there to be able to ride 88mph too.

Damn good find... for real. :D

Thanks to you I'm in The Men's Club of Flux->Capacitors @ 88mph too... :twisted:

My New SIG... :mrgreen:

-Fastest speed record from now: 88mph measured on Fluke GPS
-Fastest ebike 88mph on flat. Managed 9.875 sec on the 1/4 mile drag racing @ 120% Flux-Cap setting
-Succeeded to haul a 19200 tons schoolbus!
-Team Worf Konion Member
-I Speak KLINGON, French, and English!

[You've just been "shopped" on ES if you don't rush for the flux too... seriously. :D ]

Thank You! Doctorbass for Everything! 8)

Back