Server Maintenance Tonight Oct 24th 00:00 PST

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
mrvass   10 W

10 W

Server Maintenance Tonight Oct 24th 00:00 PST

Post by mrvass » Oct 24 2012 12:12am

As mentioned by Justin in ES Site Maintenance and Upgrades, Oct 22nd - 27th, we'll be temporarily taking the server down at 00:00 on Wednesday Oct 24th at 00:00 Pacific time until about 02:00 worst case, to update PHP, PHPBB, and some programs on the server itself for security purposes. During this time the Endless Sphere forum and wiki will not be accessible, and any post data not already saved to the database will be lost if you attempt to post it. The server will likely be up sooner than 02:00, but we want to reserve that window in case errors occur during the update process. Thank you for your patience at this time!

This is the first of three planned server outages, the second to occur Oct 26th at 00:00 to 02:00 Pacific for some feature upgrades and additions, and the third Oct 28th at 00:00 Pacific for another set of feature upgrades and additions. Each outage will have its own topic to discuss what has changed, and to collect feedback on the changes that have occurred.

When the changes have been applied, I'll post here again and summarize the changes completed. Please post to this topic if you notice anything amiss in the changes made, or to provide much needed feedback on any of the new features implemented!

Thanks again for your patience!
2807 NC Hub on 700c wheel x 20A Infineon controller x 48V 8Ah LiMn Ezee on a basic Norco hybrid bike

justin_le   10 MW

10 MW

Re: Server Maintenance Tonight (in 9 min) Oct 24th 00:00 PST

Post by justin_le » Oct 24 2012 2:00am

Last Post before Downtime!!

(edited for fun)
Last edited by justin_le on Oct 26 2012 3:38am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: testing
Previously competed in the Suntrip race on a back to back tandem solar powered row/cycle trike. 550 watt solar roof, dual Grin All Axle hub motors, dual Phaserunner controllers, 12 LiGo batteries, and a whole wack of gear.

Now back in Vancouver learning to be a dad with my Big Dummy Frame (yes This One, thanks ES!) with GMAC 10T rear hub motor, Phaserunner controller, and 52V 19Ah EM3EV pack
My website: http://www.ebikes.ca
Please contact via email, info@ebikes.ca, rather than PMs, which are disabled

mrvass   10 W

10 W

Re: Server Maintenance Tonight (in 9 min) Oct 24th 00:00 PST

Post by mrvass » Oct 24 2012 3:18am

Complete! A number of the back-end server services were updated, including PHP, and PHPBB is now updated to the latest version (3.0.11). The local apache/php compile was a bit slower than expected, but from what I can see, per our test prior to updating the live server, the board seems to be running well as expected!

Let me know if you notice anything amiss!
2807 NC Hub on 700c wheel x 20A Infineon controller x 48V 8Ah LiMn Ezee on a basic Norco hybrid bike

Jeremy Harris   10 GW

10 GW

Re: Server Maintenance Tonight Oct 24th 00:00 PST

Post by Jeremy Harris » Oct 24 2012 4:01am

Thanks folks. I only remembered this downtime part way through breakfast when the forum disappeared! I'll do better next time...............
Please ask questions on the forum, rather than by PM, as it helps others and you'll get a better range of answers.

mrvass   10 W

10 W

Post by mrvass » Oct 24 2012 10:03pm

Jeremy Harris wrote:Thanks folks. I only remembered this downtime part way through breakfast when the forum disappeared! I'll do better next time...............
So will I. Hope the global announcement of the next server outage on Thursday/Friday is good and prominent!

ohzee   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ohzee » Oct 24 2012 10:09pm

Great work guys. thanks for your efforts.

crossbreak   100 MW

100 MW

Post by crossbreak » Oct 25 2012 9:48am

Since the downtime, I cannot enter the wiki anymore. It just shows these errors:

Code: Select all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Auth_phpBB::modifyUITemplate() should be compatible with AuthPlugin::modifyUITemplate(&$template, &$type) in /home/sphere/public_html/w/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php on line 81

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sphere/public_html/w/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php:81) in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/WebResponse.php on line 22

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sphere/public_html/w/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php:81) in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/WebResponse.php on line 22

justin_le   10 MW

10 MW

Post by justin_le » Oct 25 2012 6:49pm

MRVass has been working on the wiki back-end so that people that have usernames and/or passwords with non-standard characters (like myslef!) can still log in and contribute. So for the next couple days until that is finished the wiki access may become sporadic.

-Justin
crossbreak wrote:Since the downtime, I cannot enter the wiki anymore. It just shows these errors:

Code: Select all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Auth_phpBB::modifyUITemplate() should be compatible with AuthPlugin::modifyUITemplate(&$template, &$type) in /home/sphere/public_html/w/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php on line 81

Previously competed in the Suntrip race on a back to back tandem solar powered row/cycle trike. 550 watt solar roof, dual Grin All Axle hub motors, dual Phaserunner controllers, 12 LiGo batteries, and a whole wack of gear.

Now back in Vancouver learning to be a dad with my Big Dummy Frame (yes This One, thanks ES!) with GMAC 10T rear hub motor, Phaserunner controller, and 52V 19Ah EM3EV pack

chroot   100 kW

100 kW

Post by chroot » Nov 02 2012 8:48am

Hi- Any words about the tapatalk app for android support for ES forum? Tapatalk info: http://www.tapatalk.com/

I have asked Justin about this while ago and he told me that he forward to MrVass. What happened? I just hate ES's own forum app for android
due many problem cant see the pictures attachment or when longer I read forum cause error cache something has do with memory exhaust on ES app.

I prefer tapatalk app and they are excellent app for android and iphone. Lastly, They are free add listed in tapatalk network to see your ES forum on list.
Thank you Justin Lemire-Elmore - You are a HERO!

Tidalforce, Yuba Mundo V4 Cargo bike, Juiced Riders ODK V1 Cargo bike
English is my secondary language - ASL (American Sign Language) is my primary.

mrvass   10 W

10 W

Post by mrvass » Nov 02 2012 1:19pm

Basic tapatalk functionality has been enabled, you can find the forum by searching for "Endless Sphere" on the tapatalk app.

chroot   100 kW

100 kW

Post by chroot » Nov 02 2012 3:35pm

Ohhhhhhh I love you!!!!! (No I am not gay). Now I am very happy use my paid tapatalk app. THANK YOU A ZILLION!!!

mrvass wrote:Basic tapatalk functionality has been enabled, you can find the forum by searching for "Endless Sphere" on the tapatalk app.
Thank you Justin Lemire-Elmore - You are a HERO!

Tidalforce, Yuba Mundo V4 Cargo bike, Juiced Riders ODK V1 Cargo bike
English is my secondary language - ASL (American Sign Language) is my primary.

rodgah   10 kW

10 kW

Post by rodgah » Nov 17 2012 7:02pm

my most used app just went from safari to tapatalk........ :lol:

thanks a million guys, makes browsing so much easier on iphones....which is what I do 90% of the time.
Common Sense isn't so common........
Specialized BigHit
Electrapunk
Stinky

sanford   1 W

1 W

Post by sanford » Nov 17 2012 10:00pm

Missed this update. Thanks for the post bump. Added to my tapatalk, used to use the ES app loads.

justin_le   10 MW

10 MW

Post by justin_le » Nov 18 2012 4:16am

rodgah wrote:my most used app just went from safari to tapatalk........ :lol:
thanks a million guys, makes browsing so much easier on iphones....which is what I do 90% of the time.
Hey good to hear that this is being useful to folks. We also have the back-end for forum-runner still loaded on our PHPBB panel back from when Trevor briefly had the mobile ES app, so if some users have a strong preference of that interface over tapatalk we could potentially enable it too.

Only thing we are somewhat cautious about is that the overall post quality doesn't go down from people tapping shorthand on their mobile devices rather than contributing meaningful and thought out content with a keyboard. So for browsing on a mobile it's no issue, but for posting I'd recommend having some restraint to wait until at a real computer.

-Justin

Jeremy Harris   10 GW

10 GW

Post by Jeremy Harris » Nov 18 2012 4:40am

justin_le wrote: Only thing we are somewhat cautious about is that the overall post quality doesn't go down from people tapping shorthand on their mobile devices rather than contributing meaningful and thought out content with a keyboard. So for browsing on a mobile it's no issue, but for posting I'd recommend having some restraint to wait until at a real computer.

-Justin
This gets my vote!

I pretty much ignore posts written in "text speak", as I find it indecipherable much of the time (probably an age thing................ :wink: )
Please ask questions on the forum, rather than by PM, as it helps others and you'll get a better range of answers.

nicobie   10 MW

10 MW

Post by nicobie » Nov 18 2012 1:22pm

Same here. "Shorty talk" irritates the heck out of me

May your tote always stay tight and your edge eversharp :wink:

my eTownie build thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=23701

Farfle   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Farfle » Nov 18 2012 1:27pm

just as long as it doesn't get harder for the people like me who post pretty much exclusively from a mobile device, anything making it more difficult, makes it more difficult! :lol:
Test Review Revise Repeat

adrian_sm   10 MW

10 MW

Post by adrian_sm » Jan 06 2013 3:15am

justin_le wrote:MRVass has been working on the wiki back-end so that people that have usernames and/or passwords with non-standard characters (like myslef!) can still log in and contribute. So for the next couple days until that is finished the wiki access may become sporadic.

-Justin
Justin,

It looks like those with non-standard character usernames still can not log in to the wiki. Is this still on the to do list?

Cheers, Adrian
Build #1 ~28kg ~ 700w Avanti Hardtail Crystalyte 408, 48V10Ah Headway. ~5500 kms to date. (retired)
Build #2 ~30kg ~2000w Giant AC Dually Crystalyte 408, 48V10Ah Headway + 6s10Ah LiPo = 70V. ~15000 kms to date [SOLD]
Build #3 ~13kg ~2000w Commuter Booster <1kg Friction Drive
Build #??? ~21kg ~1500w Adrian's Bafang BPM Hardtail MTB Bafang BPM code12, 15s LiPo, ~40kph, ~30kms