Server Maintenance, October 26th at 00:00 PDT

mrvass

10 W
We are planning a 2 hour forum outage at midnight the night of Thursday, October 25th (or 00:00 PDT, October 26th) to add some features to the board and wiki! During this time post data will not be saved to the database, so please refrain from trying to post anything during this period. Thanks for your patience!

This is the second in a set of three updates happening this week. Please discuss any changes or features from this update in this topic. The topic to discuss the previous (first) update (which was mostly just security updates) is here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44920

For those in other parts of the world, will this be GMT +8.00, as per this morning's down time? (The maintenance today was at was 08:00 my time)

Miles said:
Jeremy Harris said:
For those in other parts of the world, will this be GMT +8.00, as per this morning's down time? (The maintenance today was at was 08:00 my time)
:shock: Still 4 days of BST left, I thought? :)

You're right Miles. TBH, as I typed it I thought it was odd, as I remember Vancouver being GMT +07:00 whenever I've been there. Trust BST to screw things up.................

Also it seems the thread title now say's PST, but I'm sure it just read 00:00 when I typed that original response.

MRVass,
Unless I am confused 00:00 PST is late at night. Midnight. Don't you sleep at night? It's OK with me if you shut down the forum during your day time hours. Think that we can all find something else to do for a few hours. Life will go on. Hope you are getting enough sleep.

Thanks for doing a great job with the forum maintenance!

Jeremy Harris said:

Good point... More like GMT -7:00, because I tend to forget we're on PDT out here. So my apologies, the first server update started an hour early!

07:00 GMT or 00:00 PDT was chosen because that's when the server shows the least amount of traffic on a daily basis (03:00 on the server's local GMT -4:00). I tend to be a pretty late sleeper/worker, so it works just fine for me!

Hi,

I already posted this in the 24th downtime thread, maybe this was wrong. I can't access the wiki anymore since then.
Code:
Strict Standards: Declaration of Auth_phpBB::modifyUITemplate() should be compatible with AuthPlugin::modifyUITemplate(&$template, &$type) in /home/sphere/public_html/w/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php on line 81

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sphere/public_html/w/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php:81) in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/WebResponse.php on line 22

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sphere/public_html/w/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php:81) in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/WebResponse.php on line 22

crossbreak said:
Hi,

I already posted this in the 24th downtime thread, maybe this was wrong. I can't access the wiki anymore since then.
Then don't double post. RDWHAHB. They'll get to it.
~KF

So this one's going to be a bit low on the feature updates, but the other updates we have running on the test server need a bit more testing before they're committed to this one. We are planning on adding the following:

- Post revision history
- Google search choice on search bar
- Tapatalk support

That's in a bout 47 minutes!

Back