Akira CAD Project

I have been thinking about building one of these for a long time, however I have neither the finances or the resources to do so.
So I figured I would just make a cad version for now, and maybe some time in the future It could be built.
So here are some renders of the project so far. None of this stuff is the final version, especially the bearings, I know they are not the best choice for the application.
Comments and critiques are welcome.

First a pic of what I am trying to build.
562110_3453787194416_1523832902_n_zpscb41212c.jpg

mechanix_1_zpsb38c2974.jpg

Now for some of the bits I have modeled so far.
The motor: Netgain Warp 9
motor_assembly_1-web_zps0807675f.jpg

motor_assembly_2-web_zps8081f2f6.jpg

motor_assembly_3-web_zps09dbc617.jpg

motor_assembly_4-web_zpsd2564833.jpg

motor_assembly_5-web_zpsf807a722.jpg

The front end:
front-end-5-web_zps80acf718.jpg

front-end-4-web_zpsf62a001b.jpg

Various bearings:
tapered-roller-bearing-web_zps1f261b85.jpg

tapered-roller-bearing-cross-web_zps6ac3fe98.jpg

Only saw the movie, never read the comic. I'd say that bike really could have used one of these when he was battling Tesoro.

Maybe you build the long rifle version. . . .

http://www.rmcybernetics.com/projects/DIY_Devices/plasma-gun-2.htm

tc-pg-new-output.jpg

Proposed battery pack.
Credit and thanks for the 3d model goes to bigmoose.
160 cell block of A123 goodness, for 160 AHr at 72volts or 80 AHr at 144volts.
battery-pack-1-web_zps20ec69eb.jpg

Hmm sorry guys just realized the renders are a little large, I will re-size any new renders I add. :oops:

Edited the posts and uploaded re-sized images for better viewing :)

Here is one of the battery box enclosure. 10mm thick aluminum plate :)
battery-box-1-web_zps29555b4d.jpg

A couple more for the battery enclosure, the design is evolving. The aluminium plate will probable be something non conductive, like ABS or some similar plastic. Lots of Ideas on battery box design to absorb. The tubing is 4130 and will likely be a stressed member of the frame.
battery-box-2-web_zps9bbc176d.jpg

battery-box-3-web_zps5b673d87.jpg

I've seen a few of this bike started but never seen one finished. I hope you make it to completeness. :) There are a few versions of it that *have* been physically built, just not by any of the poeple I was watching blogs/threads of in various places.

Or maybe these for the battery?
batterycell1_zpsb463bc69.jpg

Thank for the encouragement amberwolf.
The project is still in the early design stage, but I have all these ideas swimming around in my head.
If I do not put them somewhere then I might forget that great thought on how it should be built.
I am not sure if the general discussion forum is the proper place for this thread, if not mods please feel free to move it to a more appropriate sub forum.

Back