How do you get rid of FACE BOOK forever

torqueon

1 kW
I joined years ago and realized this is like a tick a on dog!! I want to get rid of it permanently. Face book creeps me out. to much to list. There are optional settings but none leed to getting off for real. This is driving me crazy, like a dog in a hubcap factory !!!

Can't think of a better place to ask, other than E S

Thank's

you can never delete it, they have your info forever, sorry
But you can make it so it stops you from ever being able to login, its like a permanent deactivation

iv done it to mine, facebook has always caused issue with my gf

Reason why I don't engage on facebook:

ackbar-its-a-facebook-trap.jpg

I'm on the Endless-Sphere group via Facebook :lol:

My real name is Gio. If you click on my profile you can access a video of me winning the Monterey Jazz Festival High School division, beating out heavy competition such as Berkeley High School, Loma Linda High School, El Cerrito High School (those are the big 3 at the time and probably still is). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FYI: those videos aren't my property. They belong to the drummer. It's very revealing. Alot of pot smoking and further stuff :twisted:

The lead alto sax player is so damn stoned. The trumpet player (aka blues brother #1) is either shrooming or tripping (I"m betting the latter). :p About 1/3 of the band got stoned right before a competition.

^trumpet player :lol:

I use fb only for development access. There is nothing on my site except for one invite. It tickles me to get email invites from women... and even more strangely from men :? saying they like me or whatever. It's an empty frippen site; wots to like? Get a life freak-job :p

As for getting rid of it:
Delete what you can. Then block their email.

That, or change your name. KF

Creator of the internet says Facebook is a trap

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/web-icon-says-facebook-is-a-trap/715431/

Just what the parents love to hear. And that too from the horse's mouth!

Tim Berners-Lee, credited with creating the Web, has warned that social networking sites like Facebook and Linkedln represent one of the several threats to the future of the world wide web.

In an essay published in Scientific American, Berners-Lee said that the Web is affected by elements that have 'begun to chip away at its founding principles', reports the Sydney Morning Herald.

Social networking sites that do not allow users to extract the information they put into them is a 'problem' that could mean the web is 'broken into fragmented islands', he said.

Although Facebook recently began allowing users to download profile information, including status updates and photos, it has been roundly criticised for leaving users'' networks of contacts 'walled' inside its own site.

Berners-Lee warned that such a 'closed silo of content' risked leaving the web fragmented.

"The web evolved into a powerful, ubiquitous tool because it was built on egalitarian principles," he said.

"The web as we know it, however, is being threatened in different ways … The more you enter, the more you become locked in. Your social networking site becomes a central platform - a closed silo of content, and one that does not give you full control over your information in it," he added.

Berners-Lee said there was a worry Facebook could become 'so big that it becomes a monopoly, which tends to limit innovation'.
- See more at: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/web-icon-says-facebook-is-a-trap/715431/#sthash.UV5n22dN.dpuf

It's pretty clear in the TOS that they own whatever information you enter, so be prepared to live and die by the phrase, "What happens on the internet, stays on the internet". Furthermore, don't be surprised if they sell your information to third-parties, like corporations and government agencies. The CIA, hence the government, already owns Facebook's ass via the PRISM program.

This is a nut the open source community has needed to crack for years. What Mozilla and Firefox did to IE, we need to do to Facebook. And we need to do it like BitTorrent did, with distributed servers.

As soon as there is a viable alternative that isn't owned by assholes, Facebook's day is over. We can chain them up in the basement next to Myspace. Google Plus held a glimmer of promise, but by the time it showed up they'd also demonstrated themselves to be assholes.

Until there is a social networking site that WE own, I'm gonna have to leave it to the teenagers.

Here ya go.
https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account?rdrhc

Load more here.
http://justdelete.me/

Kingfish said:

I use fb only for development access. KF

As a trumpet player do you think Dave Douglas is probably the most predigenous player on the scene currently :?: I think he's almost close to producing what Miles has put out :idea:

I use E-S to learn electronics and shite. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But I find it hard to keep track of all the builds :lol: There.are.so.many.org

Wow lots of good feed back and opinions about face book. my sentiments exactly! Thanks needed to hear this from others.

About 2 years ago I De friend ed, deleted and blocked all that I could find, I am sure there is more to it. As most know there privacy settings are like a pool of shss. Yet I am floored with the names and pictures of people I have associated with, with no mention of any post on face book. Face book stinks .

Ill try that link that Boviski suggested

Yeah I guess the best policy with face book at this point is to shut up and delete what you can

Pete

Years ago (back when myspace was popular) I realized that these social sites were not a good idea to participate in. My kids wanted to open them and I would not let them do it.

I have never had a facebook, twitter pr pinterest and i never will. If I want to put something on the internet, then I will buy a .com and get hosting. at least then, I will be able to delete stuff.

Years ago (back when myspace was popular) I realized that these social sites were not a good idea to participate in. My kids wanted to open them and I would not let them do it.

I have never had a facebook, twitter pr pinterest and i never will. If I want to put something on the internet, then I will buy a .com and get hosting. at least then, I will be able to delete stuff.

I re-open my old account, do my sloothing and then deactive it again. My email knows to send all fb mail to the fb folder that I never open.

lets write a nefarious bot that "helps" people "deactivate" thier facebook account, and any of their friends who will join them by adding in their "info" onto the bot. would this be legal. basically just starts adding random pics , comments, links, etc to your accounts, so eventually diluting your data to the point of uselessness? :mrgreen: like an mirc flood, mabye i could charge for this service??

melodious said:
Kingfish said:

I use fb only for development access. KF

As a trumpet player do you think Dave Douglas is probably the most predigenous player on the scene currently :?: I think he's almost close to producing what Miles has put out :idea:

I use E-S to learn electronics and shite. But I find it hard to keep track of all the builds :lol: There.are.so.many.org

I don't see how anyone could make as many good records as Miles Davis did. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8gZ7QBGyMI

I tried that link that was posted above by Bovski,(thank you) followed all the prompts several time's but no confirmation of deletion. I am sure this link was created by FB back when they gave sh3t!! but no longer so. As others have said the best policy is delete all that you can find and stay abstinence. Hume this sounds familiar LOL!

I think a large solar flare could do us all good.

Reminds me how 10-15 years ago all "tin-foil hat" people were talking about guv. listening and spying on everybody.
Turns out to be mostly true.
Wonder how FB will turn out?

Back