Google's Robots

Google buys Boston Dynamics, the Big Dog of robotics companies
Not satisfied with buying seven robotics companies in the past six months, Google has added the creator of the BigDog robot, Boston Dynamics, for an undisclosed sum... Boston Dynamics has developed a number of robots apparently inspired by animals, such as BigDog, Cheetah, and WildCat. It is also working on humanoid robots, with Atlas and Petman featuring on its YouTube video channel...
Google owns the future boys!

chvidgov.bc.ca said:
I imagine Philip K Dick is rolling in his grave as the brave new world of AI automatons who kill becomes a grim reality on the Pentagons map of the future. Count me sleepless.

Asimov's 3 Laws of Robitics are definitely out the window at this point.

This reminds me of that ecar ad where the household appliances are powered by gas engines. Except it's a dog.

I have this really strange dream machine idea I call the grab-ass. Its a five fingered hand that can walk around like a spider. Its equiped with a wifi enabled web-cam and compressed air jets. Smallish, the size of a hand and light. It walks around until it sees an ass it likes, then shoots itself through the air with a burst of compressed air. Really advanced drone avionics controled mechanism so as its flying through the air it can perform some simple corrections. Smartphone interface for taking aim and launch. The idea is to really get in there near the crotch and then grab on. Then with the web-cam see what's there. I'm sure if it gets built, it'll sell in the 100's of millions and be the first robot everyone will want to own. Google is the go-to company, so I'll shoot them the idea and see if we can get some R&D dollars to flow back here to fund its development. Pre-orders anyone? :lol: :lol:

chvidgov.bc.ca said:
... The brave new world of AI automatons...

Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash.

This is "dog thing", sans nuclear battery and the decent instincts of a dog brain.

It's a scary world.

Google.. search and destroy :
images

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...t-animals-can-its-ethics-survive-9007562.html

Whew! We thought Google was acquiring all that robotic know-how to make military autonomous soldiers.... but, noooo.. Think again. Its toys for kids that are...
Google Toy Patent Will Give You Nightmares
The patent describes "an anthropomorphic device, perhaps in the form factor of a doll or toy, [that] may be configured to control one or more media devices."

Google Creepy Toy Patent"Upon reception or a detection of a social cue, such as movement and/or a spoken word or phrase, the anthropomorphic device may aim its gaze at the source of the social cue," the patent continues (eep!)

This is yet another reason why i will be getting rid of my google account and moving my videos off youtube in the near future.

My usage of google and it's services ended up building a company who would eventually create machinery that's perfect for government spying.. and then go take it a step further and buy a weapons manufacturer.

I thought skynet was fiction.

Hehe... "thought skynet was fiction." Yet fiction is all around us? (Currently Giggling movies featuring "future" travels.)

While same time watching rain clouds go by via satellite "radar" in colour courtesy US taxpayer.

"...government spying..."?

Heck. I get to spy on my neighboors! :oops: GPS, satellite cameras and all.

Easy way maybe to avoid this fuss. ... and just stay off the Web. :? (One bit I can enjoy reading is writings by some in my family and their daring do capers and fights centuries ago.)

I think googles exhibit at makers faire this year is very telling

Google was funded by in-q-tel (cia venture capital fund)

Their whole goal is to create AI

[youtube]xuFbxeDjRZg[/youtube]

Back