Walmart Genesis mostly finished 13 Kw

100volts+

10 kW
This is my mostly finished second build I've been working on for a while. It was slow going because I had to pick up virtually all skills along the way. It's a 13 Kw cromotor with 24 fet controlller and 28s 10Ah lipo. The torque and speed is amazing to me, but it is also illegal. I have a much more tame commuter bike to go to work on. This one is for fun. It's well balanced also.
Edit: Will update photo of bike in a few days as I've made a number of upgrades.

View attachment 3

eratrod.jpg

New: DH front fork 19" motocross wheels front and back :D

front view.jpg

power wheelies

[youtube]AGKd7hIohro[/youtube]

commute home

[youtube]qeUCqEtf6M4[/youtube]

That is a cromoly swing arm fabricated by farfle. It has 150mm spacing at the drops and I added pinch clamps. The one that came with the bike was pathetic.

As a matter of fact here is a list of parts

Farfle custom cromoly swingarm
RockShox Rear Shock Mounting Hardware-3-Piece Set (1/2X1/2-Inch 50.0x8-mm)
RockShox High-Pressure Shock Pump (300 psi max)
Zoom 25.4mm Adjustable Stem Headset
Dnm USD-8 dual crown inverted fork 200mm travel
20mm through axle front hub
Prowheel Gen 3 19"x1.4 motocross rims front and back
Shinko 19"x 2.75" SR241 tires front and back
Brooks Swift Saddle
Double Leg Kick stand
Home made wiring harnesses made with Anderson Power poles
Custom modifed Zombiess 24 fet 150v controller
V3 Cromotor
6 Zippy Flight Max 5s 8AH lipo in series for 30s (125.3v hot)
home made aluminum panniers
2 2000 lumen headlights run through CA aux power jack
2 ac to dc converters 9v 2a
Version 3 Cycle Analyst
Custom made handle bars made by moi
generic brake levers with electrical inhibit
Avid BB7 Mountain Disc Brake 203mm front, 185mm rear
generic 8.4v bicycle headlight converted to tail light by use of red film
iCharger 4010 Duo
meanwell power 1000w power supply
Truvative triple chain Crankset -with custom shortened cranks by yours truly
three speed switch
half twist throttle
sapim 12 gauge spokes
extended 151mm BB spindles from sickbikeparts.com
nickel plated hd chain
BM WORKS Speed Extender - Lightweight (80g) Bicycle Handlebar Extender
Sinz Expert Square Taper 140mm Arm Set Blk 110bcd
Dicta 16T 3/32" Chrome freewheel

100volts+ said:
That is a cromoly swing arm fabricated by farfle. It has 150mm spacing at the drops and I added pinch clamps. The one that came with the bike was pathetic.

As a matter of fact here is a list of parts.

RockShox Rear Shock Mounting Hardware-3-Piece Set (1/2X1/2-Inch 50.0x8-mm)
RockShox High-Pressure Shock Pump (300 psi max)
Zoom 25.4mm Adjustable Stem Headset
RockShox XC28 - Coil 100mm 26-Inch 9mm (Black)
Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5
Double Leg Kick stand
Home made wiring harnesses
Zombiess 24 fet 150v controller
V2 Cromotor
8 Zippy Flight Max 7s 5AH lipo in series
home made aluminum panniers
1800 lumen lipo powered headlight
Version 2.3 Cycle Analyst
Crystalyte full twist throttle
generic brake levers with electrical inhibit
Avid BB7 Mountain Disc Brake 160mm front, 185mm rear
handle bars with a 5" rise
Portland Design Works Danger Zone Tail Light
icharger 1040
meanwell power 1000w power supply
36H QR Front Wheel
Sunlite Alloy Single Speed Crankset - 152mm x 32T, Silver
three speed switch
half twist throttle
3 speed switch

fafle is a welding company or is that some member on this forum. mind telling me the price of that swingarm or pming the price? i'm interested in getting one too. i;m assuming fafle makes custom swingarm for different sizes?

That bike must be a rocket with 28s lipo. I have Farfle swingarm too, but never bought the bike to install it.

That bike must be a rocket with 28s lipo. I have Farfle swingarm too, but never bought the bike to install it.

Looking at your ride home from work video you definitely made the right choice with a torque raptor. I got to admit frankenbikes like mine can be a real pain in the ass...but I learned a lot.

nice build!
how does cromotor handle the 13kw?

100volts+ said:
Avid BB7 Mountain Disc Brake 160mm front, 185mm rear

you should swap the discs lool, or better install a 203mm rotor on the front

you should swap the discs lool, or better install a 203mm rotor on the front

One of these days I'll get around to it because 203's look cool. However, the regen on my controller is set to 70% and when I pull slightly on either brake lever it's shocking how fast it brings the speed down without the pads touching the rotors.

PS madin88 Thx. Coming from you, it's awesome to hear because I've seen your latest build and it's wicked.

Nice build!

100volts+ said:
One of these days I'll get around to it because 203's look cool. However, the regen on my controller is set to 70% and when I pull slightly on either brake lever it's shocking how fast it brings the speed down without the pads touching the rotors.

PS madin88 Thx. Coming from you, it's awesome to hear because I've seen your latest build and it's wicked.

on two wheel vehicles braking power is split to about 70% to the front and 30% to the rear wheel. this means the front brake should be at least twice as powerful as the rear brake to keep braking power balanced.
your bike is awesome fast, and a bigger front disc will make it more safe.

thx for your compliment :) ES is a great board

tazzman600 wrote:
I am not sure of the unwritten rule but was it an expensive build
I didn't want it to be but over time the cost went up as I changed things for more torque and speed.

100volts+ said:
I didn't want it to be but over time the cost went up as I changed things for more torque and speed.

i know what you talking about lol

What is your height and how is the fit of the bike with your mods?

I'm not sure because I'm still modding. It's Christmas morning and my wife got me downhill dual crown forks and 19" front motocross wheel. I just finished chopping the steerer tube to length and installing the starnut. (Not a pleasant task cause I worry about screwing up the length or getting the starnut in cockeyed, but it's done and good.

old shocks new shocks.jpg

chop steerer tube.jpg

View attachment 1

star nut in.jpg

BTW i'm 5'8" and I have a lay down seat post but with the dual crown forks it's possible to adjust the fork height to whatever feels comfortable. With a normal seat post and dual crown fork that bike could accommodate a guy up to 6'2 or so. I had a friend 6'5 and 370 lbs ride it but he felt a little cramped.

Tuning 150v controller. I'd show the whole bike but it's ratty looking now with wiring and cabling all over the place. I will say it rides quiet and smooth as silk. Top speed should be around sixty mph but it's too cold and i'm too chicken without more test rides under my belt.

tune 150v controller.jpg

Back