FLIGHT MH370, Missing JET

nechaus

100 kW
So thought id start this thread on theory's on what happened.

I have this feeling it might of been shot down by nearby military or something.
Or dived directly into the ocean ...

I was hoping it would of landed somewhere, been watching the news but it would have ran out of fuel along time ago...
What do you guys think ?

it was catastrophic airframe failure at speed. all the data streams and radar contact stopped instantly at the same moment.

if it fell into the ocean intact the data streams would have continued until power was lost.

All's theory until aircraft located. Even then will take weeks, months, years....

Decent summary(s) here:

http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

Interesting statistic..
The "Interpol "data base of stolen passports.. (that the Malaysians didnt use !)...totals of over 39 million passports !!
Sheeeet ! ..thats double the Aussie population number in missing passports !

The pilots last words, "ok, goodnight"

Psychological that means like o ********** , nooo! Im gonna die. But in a sensible manner? If it wasnt the last message from aircraft controll.

You have one second. Will you say oh im gonna crash or is it more like.

Sad this thing must have been some screws lose bending the aircraft open and swich . Gone. Capito al fine.

leffex said:
The pilots last words, "ok, goodnight"

Psychological that means like o ********** , nooo! Im gonna die. But in a sensible manner? If it wasnt the last message from aircraft controll.

You have one second. Will you say oh im gonna crash or is it more like.

Sad this thing must have been some screws lose bending the aircraft open and swich . Gone. Capito al fine.

Wrong. Merely, last broadcast words attributed to "normal/customary conversation" with ATC when passing between stations.

There may be some credible info happening at this time but it has nothing to do with Pilots last radio broadcast.

Very sad thing and made sadder by hyperbole and far too many ignorant theories.

These are PEOPLE'S LIVES....

News at the moment claim that automatic engine technical information transmission send data four hours after the plane disappeared. So it basically flew four hours after it was lost.
In theory four hours means roughly 3000-3500 kilometres...So the search area radius is something like 6500 kilometres....Basically it can be almost anywhere.
Given that information it sounds like a hijack. Flying four hours under the radar and refusing any radio communication. Very strange behaviour if it"s not a hijack.
Flew four hours on autopilot? Possibly, but what killed both pilots suddenly? Not a normal airline crash.

dnmun said:
poison gas.

If I'm not mistaken, there have been reports of aircraft engines suddenly dying from flying into clouds from giant methane bubbles (which rise even higher than aircraft fly quickly). I don't know what exactly what would happen if you flew through a massive one with a modern jet (engine flameout I guess? ), but I would assume it has the potential to cause odd effects if perhaps all engines unexpectedly shut down for no apparent reason. Imagine if a volume of natural gas rapidly leaked up from under the seafloor that when expanded to 1atm had a volume convenient to be measured in cubic miles. Anything that displaces the available oxygen means the engines can only spray fuel into turbines, but nothing happens that creates a heat-gain to keep driving them, and the more fuel they dump the faster it cools them off.

That would be pretty crazy. I just hope it's not some CIA war-initiation contingency plan. A scary number of approved for use plans involved making planes vanish (murdering there own citizens in the process), then planting evidence that it was caused by some country they want to go to war with. I remember the one for Cuba, and these were approved plans signed by the secretary of state and whatever other evil-murderers were involved in writing and approving them. You only got to see them because of the >50year old freedom of information act releases.

If they had that gnarly of plans 50 years ago, I wouldn't put anything past them today if the corporations that control our governments decisions decided they needed increased orders to send out more equipment and lives to get blown up somewhere while doing grievous evil themselves (aka, start a war).

It's funny, to avoid war it merely takes 1 person in upper government from either country to have a moment of sanity and speak out against it rather than always and exclusively continuing to escalate a situation for fear of "looking weak". When you do something to avoid war (and virtually everything is better than war), you are the one who is both smarter, and stronger because of it.

except that story is not true. it did not continue to send data back to boeing and rolls royce for 4 hours like the story said.

i did hear one retired pilot talk about how there were windshield cracks on some 777s and there may have been an airworthiness directive for inspections, but i cannot confirm that.

if the pilot's windscreen had failed at 370 knots and 35,00 feet it would have been difficult for the pilots to get to their oxygen masks with the wind and glass blowing in their faces.

so the worst case is the pilots incapacitated in the cockpit and the passengers huffing on their oxygen masks in back for however long it took for structural failure or stall.

you cannot rule out the introduction of gas into the cabin air either. many people think toxic gases emit odors but that is not always true. something as large as a hairspray can could hold enuff gas to poison the entire cabin and cockpit as well.

dnmun said:
if the pilot's windscreen had failed at 370 knots and 35,00 feet it would have been difficult for the pilots to get to their oxygen masks with the wind and glass blowing in their faces.

As a guy who has personally felt the off-angle forces of just 190-200mph winds on his face and body while enjoying sportbikes, I can tell you with confidence you would not be doing anything resembling constructive flying of an airplane without at least having a full-face helmet on, and you could forget about an O2 mask staying on your face or the ability to breath from it if it did. Nor would you be effectively communicating with much if your wind screen were to suddenly catastrophically fail at speed and altitude. Likely wouldn't be able to do as much as get a muffled scream out, keep in mind wind like this is instantly trying to rip your eyelids and lips away from your face, and the pressure on your chest would be measured in hundreds of pounds if you were taking it straight-on. I also suspect it could lead lead to failing the whole air-frame from pressure differentials, perhaps even near-instantaneously.

An airplane went missing at a certain time, coordinates and altitude--the rest is speculation. However, based on recent developments it looks like something knocked out the ACARS system but did not knock out the SATCOM antenna itself.

In other words, you can turn off the programs sending the data, but the modem itself is still connected. The pings detected (not via civilian comm sats) every hour for approximately 4 hours may offer much needed insight tracking this ship.

The logical and respectful thing to do is to take a deep breath and wait for further concrete evidence.

Ykick said:
The logical and respectful thing to do is to take a deep breath and wait for further concrete evidence.

This is my take on it. Too much crap flying around. When it settles, the truth will be clearer

the malaysian transport minister yesterday said that there was no continued data downloads from the plane to boeing and RR but it now appears that the plane was still pinging the satellite and there is a radar track that is not from any other traffic known to be in the area that goes back out over the indian ocean. so it is suspected of being the missing 777. last know position of that track was over the Andaman islands:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/03/14/an-introduction-to-the-andaman-and-nicobar-islands-a-remote-indian-archipelago-now-part-of-the-hunt-for-mh370/

The avenues of possibility are being exhausted with little avail. It may be time to think of the impossible scenarios that we dare not delve into. :shock:

Yes, I'm talking about UFO's and "tractor beams". :?

I hope the families find some resolution soon. I hope it's the hopeful type too. :(

Modern aircraft can communicate with airline operations bases and sometimes with the headquarters of its manufacturers automatically to send maintenance alerts known as ACARS messages. It was this system that sent out the hourly pings, apparently over several hours, the sources said. But Malaysia Airlines had not signed up for an expanded service that is based on the system and can send information such as updated flight plans and position reports

The ACARS system cannot ping if it is underwater.

But there's another confusing twist. An emergency beacon that would have sent data upon impact apparently did not go off, the official said. The beacons, known as Emergency Locator Transmitters, activate automatically upon immersion in fresh or salt water

Another detail that emerged Thursday seemed to add a new twist to the mystery. Malaysian officials said two separate communications systems stopped 14 minutes apart. The officials said the plane's data reporting system shut down at 1:07 a.m. Saturday, while the transponder transmitting location and altitude shut down at 1:21 a.m.

Not only were their two communication methods turned off 14 minutes apart (instead of at the same time during a catastrophic electrical failure from lightning, EMP, etc), but...the FIRST one to be turned off was the one that enables cell-phone and texting links to a satellite, by the passengers. This is not shaping up as a simple accident.

CNN is spinning a US gov't response that the supposed crash could have been caused by a lithium fire in the cargo hold. They spun that story for a few hours midday. I was wondering whether they would get off that topic and move on but they stayed on it. Made me sleepy. lol

This missing plane is a different model from the grounded Boeing planes from last year?

melodious said:
CNN is spinning a US gov't response that the supposed crash could have been caused by a lithium fire in the cargo hold. They spun that story for a few hours midday. I was wondering whether they would get off that topic and move on but they stayed on it. Made me sleepy. lol

This missing plane is a different model from the grounded Boeing planes from last year?

That was the 787 Dreamliner IIRC

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 experienced significant changes in altitude after it lost contact with ground control, and altered its course more than once as if still under the command of a pilot, American officials and others familiar with the investigation said Friday.

Radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appear to show the missing airliner climbing to 45,000 feet, above the approved altitude limit for a Boeing 777-200, soon after it disappeared from civilian radar and made a sharp turn to the west, according to a preliminary assessment by a person familiar with the data.

One commentator expressed the fear that climbing to 45,000 ft might have been a maneuver to de-pressurize the main cabin in order to make the passengers pass out from lack of oxygen...of course, this is still just speculation.

Back