Water ballooning incident just now!!!!!!!

lbz5mc12

10 kW
I was on my way home after my ride when four punk high school kids in a white Honda civic through a water balloon at me. Little did they know I was on an e-bike so I had a merry time chasing them around a neighborhood I am extremely familiar with. The area we were in is uphill and downhill so they kept going up trying to lose me. I have a dual motor e-bike with a top speed of about 30 mph. I'm assuming they lived somewhere close by otherwise they could have outrun me by going straight for a long distance and turning. Actually they tried that a couple of times but I know my streets. I really wish I had a camera on my bike. Eventually I had to stop because the pack for the front motor ran down so I came home. So it was one negative as opposed to two positives. The negative part was the water balloon to my ass. The two positives were the extra exercise I got and the fact that it lasted about 20 minutes so I probably cost the moron driving a gallon of gas between all the starting, stopping and acceleration. So if anybody happens to come across something like this on YouTube in the next couple of days, pm me the link. This took place in the North end of San Bernardino, Ca in the 92407 zip code area.

Over the years I have had two incidents like this. One was a crab apple some punk stoner kids (in a k-car, stoners to a T), this was 10 years ago. More recently, two years ago (a bit more funny, but dangerous) some jerks in a old POS with a dead rear suspension threw a flower pot complete with dirt and plant. I honestly think they were trying to hit me with it but had a bad shot. Some kids these days are complete f#$%tards!

A person on a bike looks and is vulnerable. It requires a civilized society to protect (or not attack in the first place) the vulnerable, and although perhaps in more culturally-advanced countries there is one, we in the US are not in one.
Normally, I would hesitate to state my own experience because readers may interpret that as a plea for sympathy. But in this group, I'm confident my motives won't be misconstrued. I'm relating them to illustrate my point.
During, say, 5 years of extensively riding a bike in the Kansas City metropolis, I have:
  • *been shot at (backpack hit), with a pellet gun probably - once
    *had a 2 liter filled water bottle thrown at and hit me
    *been stopped by the cops 3 times (twice totally unwarranted)
    *been sideswiped by a car that didn't stop - once
    *been forced to wreck by a car (I can't really be certain what the driver was doing)
    *been threatened by a car that veered to the wrong side of the road while approaching me (I didn't wreck)
I recognize Kansas City is socially low-class and much less bike friendly contrasted with other places I've lived, (Boulder, CO; Amsterdam, Netherlands), but I suspect it goes beyond that. People pray on the weak. And you are weak when riding a bike.

Nehmo --
Could not agree more.
Pointless aggression typically comes from those who feel otherwise powerless in their lives.
And is typically directed against those who cannot respond in kind -- like say people on bikes for example, though the problem is much broader.
Just ugly that this kind of crap happens, in any environment.

Oh i've had that kind of crap happen to me plenty in 16+ years of biking.

Have always thought about bringing a spray bottle with some aircraft paint remover that i could spray on their car after some bullshit attack like that. You wanna potentially throw me off me bike and cause injury for kicks? how about i ruin your car's paint job for kicks too?

You need a better motor setup... :twisted:

Show them love and kindness in return. There can never be a better alternative.

liveforphysics said:
This is really the only way forward. Hurt people hurt people. Dont change your moral values due to brain dead people otherwise you become one. No justice can undo a injustice.

Get license number. Call *DWI.

I have done this twice in Colorado springs.

The owner of the vehicle gets a phone call. Then the driver gets a visit.

If multiple of these against the same vehicle, you have a good court case.

The Idiots can stop picking on Bicyclists, or face some serious payback.

d

Bag full of marbles is one idea I've thought about before, but LFP is right. It's best too move one and not let the bastards grind you down. 8)

liveforphysics said:

Perhaps this is the best approach, but following them at least put them on notice that they didn't get away with impunity. The driver will sweat a few days that you stopped the chase once you memorized the tags, make and model of the car and have already called the cops. Maybe the passengers will think or say "no thanks, too risky" next time one of their clique says "lets pick on cyclists"

Apart from that, a helmet cam is a good thing...

Back