Hoping for a Cop Car when SOMEONE ELSE is driving crazy?

Dauntless

100 TW
What else do you hope for? Guilty pleasure to laugh, but it doesn't look like he'd have had trouble racing around her earlier. . . .

[youtube]3XqZoaWKv2k[/youtube]

hahaha

a nerd would say

eror:
if (the truck) @ 1:40
would have driven
a little faster....
goto eror;

:shock:

I'm in no way discounting how stupid his actions were.. However... she could of avoided the situation by moving to the right and allowing the passing lane to open up so he could get around. She initiated the road rage by driving likely below the speed limit and in a lane meant for passing and refusing to move over to let the faster vehicle get by. I can understand the frustration as it is one of my biggest pet peeves when driving. lol :wink:

I don't think she was below the speed limit, she passed other vehicles. The 50mph she showed might have been speeding from the look of where she was. I think it was just likely he was crazed and fixated on her. I'm sure he had plenty of time to race past her inbetween traffic, he just wanted to terrorize her. I doubt you actually DO anything like that just because you're "Frustrated."

I'm in no way discounting defensive driving but at the same time you can't let the crazies bully you with wild behavior, they only get worse. If I'm going faster than the cars in the other lane I'm not going to swerve over to let some wacko race on, in fact one might be doing the world a favor by holding the nut back, as evidenced in what happened to him the moment he had open road.

Anyone who knows Beach Blvd. in Buena Park approaching Knott's Berry Farm going south, I remember this guy in a convertible with the top down, racing back and forth trying to wedge himself into any space between cars he could find, not making any progress but swerving from lane to lane and suddenly racing back trying to get to you before you overtook someone. He'd be swearing so hard I'd think he'd tear his throat, shouting at every driver he almost hit and then disappearing, but just when you think he's gone he'd appear so suddenly then vanish back into traffic when he didn't make it past you. (Or kill you.) If he did get through somewhere he could just as easily get hung up a moment and be behind you again. I didn't see who the red and blue lights were for, but I could guess. This was years ago, that moment made quite an impression on me. If he just wants to fight, hey, anytime, but using his car as a weapon like this. . . .

She started it, and dragged it out so they could video it. She would get done under uk law. So would he though, for his road rage and damages caused. The laws against undertaking have been dropped though, because people like this silly cow would stop the whole road system from working if we let them.

Her laughing grated. The inconsiderate nature she displayed gets my goat. I feel malice towards her not him.

friendly1uk said:
She started it, and dragged it out so they could video it. She would get done under uk law. So would he though, for his road rage and damages caused. The laws against undertaking have been dropped though, because people like this silly cow would stop the whole road system from working if we let them.

Her laughing grated. The inconsiderate nature she displayed gets my goat. I feel malice towards her not him.

I knew we could find a common ground. ;) This was my thought too. He overreacted obviously, but I couldn't help to put myself in his drivers seat, and I've been there many times and it is very frustrating. To have a woman obviously messing with him on top of it laughing and likely gesturing to him that you couldn't see on camera. lol On the Autobahn she would of been run off the side of the road or got someone killed. That event only happened due to her purposely trying to piss the guy off and he just wanted to get to work or who knows what.

I'm siding with the video taker, the truck driver got what he deserved for driving like an idiot. He seems like the typical truck driver that uses their vehicle as a deadly weapon to threaten bicyclists. In my County we are allowed to shoot them dead for using their vehicle as a deadly weapon. The video should be delivered to the police so that extra citations are issued, if not criminal charges.

I think both are douche bags. She should have been minding her business and driving more carefully and not video taping and moving to the right to let faster traffic pass.

He should have learned how to drive better before moving onto advanced techniques such as "head out the winder while showin da finger" :mrgreen:

amateur

Two wrongs never seem to add up to right.

I’ve seen/experienced much worse attempts to “intimidate & bully” - ranging from extremely close tail-gating (didn’t see that here), honking, flashing lights, up to a hard swerve or two while directly side-by-side. While obviously childish, flipping the bird is hardly assault with a deadly weapon. And when he did agressively swerve well ahead of her, fortunately he only harmed himself.

OTOH - wtf is she doing operating a video camera when she should be focused on driving? And then to pull over in order to “gloat” while trying to get more video instead of calling 911 to report a traffic crash is further evidence of her disregard for anybody but herself IMO.

Speaking as someone who's been the "little guy" on roads for as long as I've used them - 'could do without either one of these drivers anywhere nearby.

John in CR said:
That's why I have a bike that can stay clear of both of those idiots.

And why I miss the good ole days when I was on my old Triumph TR6 that I cleverly used to stay well ahead of all the homocidal morons.

So there's no sign the one woman did anything, but you're so quick to judge.

45889802.jpg

I hate tailgaters, but what can you do ?

Something similar to that happened in my sleepy little town just the other day actually....

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/crime-court/pplate-roadrager-picked-the-wrong-target-when-he-abused-an-offduty-police-traffic-boss/story-fnje8bkv-1226872864796

thewmatusmoloki said:

To slightly paraphrase Marlon Brando in the movie Sayanora,

"There aint nothin wrong with a tailgator that a good brake job wont fix."

thewmatusmoloki said:

Move to right lane and let them pass....... or suffer them on your ass.

So many righteous people that think it is their duty and they are doing society a favor and keeping the roads safe......drive like you want, but get the hell out of the way and let others drive like they want.

Wishes

Wishes said:
thewmatusmoloki said:

So many righteous people that think it is their duty and they are doing society a favor and keeping the roads safe......drive like you want, but get the hell out of the way and let others drive like they want.

Wishes
Slower traffic should always use the right lane when available. When traveling near and at the speed limit, however, any yielding to the right is strictly a courtesy and should be expected to be at the convenience of the overtaken. Others are free to exceed the posted speed limit as long as it doesn't inconvenience me unduly. If another driver impolitely crowds the space behind me, my courtesy is diminished compared to that I extend to those who communicate their desire to get by more politely and patiently.*

*Unless I'm on a motorcycle or bicycle, then its Mad-Max everybody for themselves.

gogo said:
Wishes said:
thewmatusmoloki said:

Wishes
Slower traffic should always use the right lane when available. When traveling near and at the speed limit, however, any yielding to the right is strictly a courtesy and should be expected to be at the convenience of the overtaken. Others are free to exceed the posted speed limit as long as it doesn't inconvenience me unduly. If another driver impolitely crowds the space behind me, my courtesy is diminished compared to that I extend to those who communicate their desire to get by more politely and patiently.*

*Unless I'm on a motorcycle or bicycle, then its Mad-Max everybody for themselves.

I agree, it should be done out of courtesy. Tailgating someone who has no room to move over, is simply unsafe and stupid. My comment was for those that take it upon themselves to block the left lane simply because they are doing the speed limit or close to it and they feel it is fast enough. When someone who is purposely not moving over either out of a righteous belief, or just from plain stupidity and lack of courtesy, just drives me nuts and makes me wish I had taken that optional rocket launcher button when I bought my car.

Wishes

Slower Traffic Keep Right.

Nothing more annoying than someone passing in the left lane, with their cruise control set to one mile per hour above the car they are passing. Signal, Mirror, Shoulder, Move, ACCELERATE and pass, repeat processes to get back into the slow lane. Cruise control should be banned! Drivers on the highways passing in the fast lane forget they have a pedal that makes them speed up.

Well the only thing more annoying is when there is 20 people in the passing lane with their cruise control on, passing the slow lane at the rate of a snail.

thewmatusmoloki said:
the left lane is the slow lane tho

Baton Rouge.
North side.
Thanksgiving dinner invitation by co worker friend.
2 lane blacktop.
Making for the north.
Rural landscape.
Speed limit 45.
Driving 45.
Tail gaitor creeping behind.
3 feet between bumpers.
Louisianna drivers are as crazy as they come.
Traffic stacking up behind.
Straight stretch of road.
Gaitors bug out like its a Nascar track.
12 of the fools.
Or 20.
In all the excitement I lost count myself.
In a few seconds a mushroom cloud of smoke a quarter mile ahead.
What fool is lighting a bonfire on the road shoulder?
I get there and I see.
A tee intersection.
A little grey muscle car diagonally in the middle of the intersection.
The car that was gaitorin me.
A car on fire askew in the oncoming lane.
A car that was pulling out making a left turn.
A young woman 25 inside already turning blue.
125 feet of skid marks.
Go to Hell where you belong tailgaitors.

I've got no problem with anyone overtaking at any speed, in the other lane, but I do seem to have a problem with people sitting 1 meter from my rear at 110kph

Fortunately, I drive a tow truck (professionally) , so I'm totally available to help them when they crash. :)

Was driving the 4cyl toyota on the motorway recently and had some fuckwit sitting right up the back of me , thought briefly about applying some brake, but that's just not me, and what if this dickhead had no insurance !!

So I sped up to 160kph in the left hand lane, which is the slow one here, hoping he would just go away.
But no , this bloke just wanted to tailgate me ,no matter what, plenty of right hand lane with no traffic.....

I don't even know this bloke, but he seems to think he has the right to endanger my life......

Seems to happen too much these days

I see a lot of blaming the victim going on here.

She broke no laws as far as I can see. He was completely at fault. There is no such thing as a fast lane or a slow lane. There is a passing lane and she was using it to pass slower moving vehicles with dickhead in tow.

Could you imagine a judge going 'Though what you did was completely legal. You shouldn't have been driving in that passing lane. I hereby find in the defendant's favour.' That's the nonsense those condoning his actions are coming out with. You can't let bullies walk all over you.

If there was a nut case behind me threatening my safety I sure as hell would film it. I'd be a moron not to. I don't think she even took her eyes off the road when she held the camera/phone either.

It was a delightful ending for one of the lesser examples of the human species. Unfortunately, I don't think that was either his first or last episode of roadside bullying. On this occasion it couldn't have happened to a nicer idiot. Scum.

Back