E.S. Quotable Quotes !

Ypedal

Staff member
This place is getting popular enough, alot of comedians on here.. ( gotta have a sense of humor to ride an electric bike .. just comes natual for some !) This thread is dedicated to the Notable Quotes that come and go on our daily discussions....

Lowell
"Nothing wrong with a little duct tape, as long as it's not grey !"

Xyster
"Dude, you need more go, not more graphs."

Ypedal
" Why have a 5 passenger mini-van when you can have 6 ebikes !"

:p

BrendaEM
"sometimes the obvious eludes the genius"

xyster said:
Have you been drinking 'shroom tea and sucking nitrous again, Mathurin?
:)

Actually the whole Emperor thread was pretty classic:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=313

Fechter:
"CRT's make fun target practice...It makes a cool sucking sound when the vacuum breaks."

<p align="center">"Here's my big capacitor." -Fechter
fechter_with_a_big_capacitor_145.jpg

</p>

Safe:
"I've completely mastered the PWM "effect". The equations are included in my spreadsheets"

In response to the Italians' invention of a pollution abatement system:
concrete that neutralizes smog.

fechter said:
That's cool.
Around here, we have concrete eating smog.

noting: hyphens here make all the difference

smog eating concrete
smog-eating concrete

concrete eating smog
concrete-eating smog

fechter said:
That's cool.
Around here, we have concrete eating smog.

Wow! So do the Italians!

:D

"Not a lawyer in any way, shape, or form!
Rather be mistaken for an insurance salesman."
-Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh

"Sometimes being a weasel can prove useful. (I'm vying for quotability)" -Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh

Since ypedal posted one of his own, and nobody else quoted it here, I thought I'd submit the proverb-ial good quote self-vote. :D

Mathurin, you're going to scare off the new recruits...errrr, members... who'll rightly suspect endless sphere is some kind of cult. We don't let them know that until the first steps of indoctrination/assimilation are complete!

-Xyster

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
I hope all yoos peebles in the EU & Au can take some comfort in those profound words the next time you curse your 15 mph lot in life. :lol: :lol:

Slow down & smell the roses. :roll:

Ha! Mate, this morning I was cruising along at a nice steady 28kph (17.5mph) most of the way into work. The ebike was sitting in the garage, it was just me, my leg power and the MTB :D Now when I finish my hybrid build with the 3 speed internal hub + triple front chain ring and skinny 27" wheels I expect cruising speeds to be much higher.

Motors? We don't need no steenkin' motors! (Unless my knee craps out again that is :cry: )

lemmiwinks said:
Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
I hope all yoos peebles in the EU & Au can take some comfort in those profound words the next time you curse your 15 mph lot in life. :lol: :lol:

Slow down & smell the roses. :roll:

Ha! Mate, this morning I was cruising along at a nice steady 28kph (17.5mph) most of the way into work. The ebike was sitting in the garage, it was just me, my leg power and the MTB :D Now when I finish my hybrid build with the 3 speed internal hub + triple front chain ring and skinny 27" wheels I expect cruising speeds to be much higher.

Motors? We don't need no steenkin' motors! (Unless my knee craps out again that is :cry: )

Yes, should have read '15mph/200W'

My ebrake automatically comes on at 32kph so I'm not even able to keep up with lycras in the street which is rather humiliating, unitil we reach a hill.

Dale Carnegie said:
Personally I am very fond of strawberries and cream; but I find that for some strange reason fish prefer worms.

Xyster
"You must be joking!

Emergency Room Report

Patient: Lowell

Findings: Following a minor traffic accident, patient presents to the ER unconscious, and with a large, protuberant mass in his ass that upon radiographic studies, proves to be his bicycle. "

:p -- oh god.. air.. can't breathe.lmao...

"I have removed the tupperware that the controller was in and that stopped it from shuting off from heat." -weirdeh

The quintessential DIY mindset. You do what you can with what you got...and then fix it only after it quits working. :lol:

Ah phoey my line - -

"When I opened the case there was a pool of solder in the corner which had melted off of the buzz bar. Guess it ran a little hot."

- - didn't make it. I wonder if that's because it was made on the old vifv forum?
:)

While discussing the process of upgrading FET's on a controller:
RatoN said:
29a said:
any constructive comments appreciated !

Get large amounts of alcohol before you start this project. Not that you will want to use some while working on the controller, but after, you will need a small vacation.

While setting up his trike:
Thaddeus said:
At one point I was mounting the chain by turning the sprocket, and it popped the wrong way and caught a finger. I don't think it needs stitches. It's not getting any even if it does.

Back