Ebikes at Maker Faire Bay Area 2014

fitek

1 kW
I only had 4 hours at the show today (didn't exhibit this year) but only spotted half a dozen e-bikes and none of the regulars. But the booths were scattered all over this year and it was extremely commercial as well-- are small makers just passing on Maker Faire now?

Will post pics in the events section when I get to it. :)

fitek said:
I only had 4 hours at the show today (didn't exhibit this year) but only spotted half a dozen e-bikes and none of the regulars. But the booths were scattered all over this year and it was extremely commercial as well-- are small makers just passing on Maker Faire now?

That's too bad to hear. It was a really fun meetup last year, and I liked that they had us wheeled folks all mostly together in the ghetto corner out back, with some room to ride and away from the central area. The march towards increasingly overt commercialization has been going on for years, but I think the smaller satellite events have mostly stuck to their roots of being attended by creative types rather than vendors and consumers.

We'll be at the Vancouver mini-maker faire in a couple weeks and hope to be able to round up a few fellow EV hackers to join the mix here:
http://www.vancouver.makerfaire.ca/
If we ebiked all the way down last year, surely some of you Californian folks could road trip it up north this year?? :mrgreen:

justin_le said:
If we ebiked all the way down last year, surely some of you Californian folks could road trip it up north this year?? :mrgreen:

It is indeed possible. :) I might ride up with no power assist just to make it more challenging. ;)

liveforphysics said:
It is indeed possible. :) I might ride up with no power assist just to make it more challenging. ;)

The headwinds if you are traveling north along the oregon coast will be challenging enough! Sounds like a fun trip. Let me know if you give it a go, and maybe i'll join you for part of the trip! Better leave soon!

Back