"Printing" out plastic parts

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Plastic, etc. Electric Coffee Maker:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Electric-Coffee-Maker/?ALLSTEPS

Coffee maker??? Betcha somebuddy on Alt.Planet ES had already done waaay better in ebike terms. Link please?

I'd like to see a complete 'velo' body made out of 3D-printed interlocking tiles that 'shatters' to absorb impact energy. Then you pick up the pieces and print out new tiles to replace any broken and you're back in business.

"A descendent of Vincent van Gogh redefined "lending an ear" when he donated his DNA to help an artist create a living replica of the Dutch painter's famously severed feature.

The 3D-printed ear, identical in shape to Vincent van Gogh's, is on display at ZKM Karlsruhe Museum in Germany, where visitors are encouraged to talk into the ear through a microphone."
http://www.livescience.com/46130-artist-creates-van-gogh-ear-replica.html

Dunno if Vince woulda got the humour or not. But seems to me might add "sound listening device" as option to add to Box of Goodies offered for sale (see "Phoenix Ebike Promotions" box of ebike conversion... stuff).

I hope they use all food safe parts on the guts.

drinking from printed plastic parts is like a one off... bacterial grows so well on standard plastic.. you cant really wash it well enough
even if you use a food safe plastic extruder... it's hard to make proper food safe stuff, I do remember looking up some food safe PLA and it was like $100's per 200 grams or something stupid

although I drank some coffee that was fermented from monkeys shit once.. was quite delicious
I guess most bacteria will be killed from the boiling water

Hehe... Watt to do/all those junked OFO bikes... 3D Printed Electric OFO Bike Mod
[youtube]JiyEnpMJHTM[/youtube]

Battery case would be good, but I keep having a recurring idea of all the 2L bottles I have, ironing them flat and making a kayak or a battery case out of 2L bottles. I saw how much kayaks are, and its just a pile of plastic. Epoxy the flat pieces together add in internal structural components and waaa-laaaa.

As long as you can find epoxy that will truly stick to the plastic you're intending to use. Not every epoxy sticks to every plastic (or other material), once cured.

Some plastics (like HDPE and some PE) simply don't adhere to anything. Makes them useful for stuff that other plastics aren't, but also makes them useless for other things.

Back