Autocraft Lithium batteries @ Advance Auto Parts

gogo

1 MW
A stock photo on an email advertisement sent by Advance Auto Parts that showed the part # of LFP-4 got me to look up "autocraft lithium" on their site. I wonder who makes them and how many other large stores have them. Advance regularly has 20% off types of deals and that's how I buy my LA starting batteries.

Anyway, its the first local purchase and return option I'm aware of.
[EDIT] I found this on eBay for $180, just shy of $2/Wh:

AC_L.jpg
AC_L2.jpg

Excuse me if I'm getting this wrong, but 3s 8ah for $299 doesn't seem to be that good of a deal for EV use.

Wouldn't this be much better than 2 of those?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18210__turnigy_nano_tech_8000mah_6s_25_50c_lipo_pack.html

cancerkazoo said:
Excuse me if I'm getting this wrong, but 3s 8ah for $299 doesn't seem to be that good of a deal for EV use.

Wouldn't this be much better than 2 of those?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18210__turnigy_nano_tech_8000mah_6s_25_50c_lipo_pack.html
Might be 4s depending on the chemistry used. $299 is steep for nominal 12V 8AH, but they regularly have deals like 20% off w/$50 future purchase coupon.

Local, immediate purchase and warranty returns might be worth it for some. Hobbyking purchasers are taking a crap shoot on each module. Construction wise they have a solid case and are ready to connect together with the kind of beefy posts that are familiar to many and they have cables ready made on the shelf. What price convenience?

[EDIT] If you applied the current 20% off and could use the $50 future-purchase coupon, the LFP-1 would cost $30, or $1.25/Wh.
The best coupon I've seen was 25% off with a $50 future coupon, so that would make it $0.96/Wh. I doubt if you could use the $50 future purchase toward the same deal. :mrgreen:

Hillhater said:
How do they claim 500 CCA from an 8 Ahr battery?
That would be 62 C !...".Nanotech" performance.
True, there's either nanotech cells in there or its the usual exaggerated claims. If I could justify spending the $50 future coupon, I'd buy the small one and split it open.

Back