Vaping around ( Video on page 2 )

Dlogic

1 kW
So yes, it runs on a lithium battery.
It doesen´t smoke, but produces steam.
Are there any other members here on the forum that e-smoke?

Sorry, vape! :)

10erck6.jpg

The atomizer on the left side is the Aspire Nautilus.
The one on the right side is a custom built version with a hand wound heating coil.

33y3mt3.jpg

I like the taste and vapor it produces and will make a new one soon. :mrgreen:
It´s a quit complex machine, but off course nothing impossible to build.
Maybe some of you are into this.
I´m always curious to learn more, so just give it a go if you like and drop your ideas here!

no way. i was able to get over my nicotine addiction 26 years ago after smoking up to 2 packs a day for 22 years. nicotine is a curse worse than cocaine or heroin. and i know.

i have a friend who has a volcano that collects herb smoke in a big plastic bag which has a similar heating element and i have a vapor brothers vaporizer i use for smoke sometimes but usually just use a simple bong. vaporizer is too complicated because you gotta use the grinder then ... just too much trouble.

I have a little pocket vape but I don't use much anymore. Generally bong with bowl for herb, bubble bowl with wand or Ti nail for concentrates.
Edibles and oil caps too

My current job is way too good to risk failing a piss test (I had a few samples 30 years ago), but...when I retire, I don't have any objections to an occasional brownie. And...If someone was against medical MMJ (there are strains that do NOT get you high, but retain the medicine), then you are not just wrong, you are evil.

Vaping != marijuana

in fact most people who use vaporizers are using flavors. I have a friend that likes Mountain Dew and Waffle flavor. He use to smoke but now he vapes. It contains no nicotine. He said he has an oral fixation which is why he likes vaping, but he weened himself off cigarettes and nicotine in 1 week when he switched to vaping 3 years ago. He is also anti "drug".

So OP, you did some mechanical mod work? This is new for me, but I find it interesting from a business perspective, especially the larger mechanical mod setups people switch to due to the smaller electronic units always failing after a short period of time.

There´s a forum here in Germany that covers all the aspects of vaping.

As usual people don´t stick to the stuff that can be bought off the shelf. At first the stock material was hacked, evolving into something much better.
Then people started building the whole thing themselves. From the mechanics all the way to the electronic stuff.
Resulting in more steam and flavor.
Once you dig deep into vaping, things get quit interesting.

I´m working on a 3 tank vaporizer that will allow the user to select between various flavors and even mix them at will.
It´s still in the making but as always a lot of fun to try something different.

A lot of my friends that used to smoke never touched a cigarette again after checking this out.
Ok, it´s probably not healthy anyways, but at least there´s no tar and other crap that gets stuck inside the lungs.

The gurus have really taken the subject far from it´s humble beginnings.
I´ve just begun to explore this world and already like it just as much as building e-bikes. :)

To know exactly what is inside those liquids they are all mixed right at home.
No artificial flavors are in use here!
Yes, it´s also possible to vape weed as well.
The process of extracting the THC is described in detail on a variety of videos on u-tube. :)

Pure luxury is doing totally unnecessary things.

My friend brought some legal tar stuff from CO and he and vaped it. I'm hooked ! Just don't want to get caught with the stuff here. :?

Avoiding combustion smoke is always a good thing.

Wax pen (dabber) is also very stealthy and convenient.

Yeah apparently vaping is helping quality 18650s become cheaper, great for everybody :D
I dont smoke or vape etc so I don't know anything about it, but
one thing I am curious about vapers is who makes the nicotine oil? Is it big tobacoo companies or does it just come from faceless companies in China?

I saw this article on 60minutes a little while ago where some scientist lady from some anti-cancer group was writing to the WHO (World Health Organization) to help encourage people to move from smoking to vaping as her tests show that its heaps healthier then smoking because it doesn't have smoke carcinogens like benzene etc.

But I was thinking if nicotine oil people are buying doesn't have a big brand name face etc, how do you really know if your vaping something more dubious like motor oil?

The liquids are made with Vegetable Glycerin and/or propylene glycol, same stuff used at concerts for smoke machines. Nicotine can be had form chemical supply places, it has to be very carefully mixed, in pure form can absorb thru skin and give dangerous exposure levels...

Without nicotine i personally think it's fairly benign but i have allergic reaction to the Glycol and Glycerin... doh

I started vaping but never got really into it. It never took the place of the cigarettes unfortunately. A stroke and 3 days in ICU did the trick , one year ago. I got lucky. Six months of speech therapy. :twisted: Damn worst habit to break.. I really did like all the flavors. Licorice was good. And almond..

They had an interesting episode part-2 on 4-corners (this TV show is a tad like 60minutes but the ABC government version) about how evil big tobacco is and covered ecigs/vapers in part 2 of it as big tobaccos way out of its evil past to a new future.

But they also say that the deliberate plan is to move current cigarette manufacture output to 3rd world consumers and have the rest sucking on ecigs/vapors.

Its not up yet as they got only last weeks on but it will show up eventually, I watched it on free to air/cable.
http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/episodes/

Anyway so the way I understand it a vaper "mod" is mostly something that can take a bigger battery like a 18650 and that normally entails the entire ecig to not look like a regular cigarette any more..

Seems to be that trying to squeeze everything into the same form factor of a regular cigarette is just gay and a proper pipe size (mod) is the way to go.

Does any one have a recommendation of a complete 18650 based vapor kit? I am not entirely sure I will get into this but I at least want to have a think about it or have a go and its a lot easier if I could choose something thats of decent quality from the get go if I choose to get one.

What is the purpose of the mod?
Is it just to replace batteries with lithium variants to get a better discharge curve?

Why not replace the AA(s) with 14500 3.7V like these?: http://www.dx.com/p/trustfire-protected-14500-3-7v-900mah-lithium-batteries-2-pack-blue-19626

Or is there another purpose to the mod?

I vape a bit. For awhile I was getting into mixing my own nicotine mixes, but I ended up quitting for the most part. I only grab it occasionally when old smoking buddies are around.

I'm in California and legal, so I have access to some decent concentrates. They are nice for a real quick puff for "whatever ails me". I love the discrete, smoke free convenience. It also keeps my consumption of the stuff to a minimum. All good in my book.

TheBeastie said:
Does any one have a recommendation of a complete 18650 based vapor kit? I am not entirely sure I will get into this but I at least want to have a think about it or have a go and its a lot easier if I could choose something thats of decent quality from the get go if I choose to get one.

FastTech has a heap to choose from. So does DX. I got a Vamo. Order lots of the appropriate wicks/cartomiser/coil head because they are a consumable and waiting on delivery from China takes a month.

Personally I prefer those vaporisers that allow the user to wind the heating coil themselves.
By this method one can decide what coil and wick material is preferred and how to do the windings.

It takes some time to figure out how the diameter, number of turns and coil material affect the taste and vapor intensity.
It's not rocket science and very satisfying to discover the secrets behind vaping. :)

My 3 tank triple flavour vaporiser is still in the process of making.

My personal favourite is the German Kayfun GT. In my opinion the worlds most customisable and best tasteing vaporiser. :)

Gregory said:
TheBeastie said:

FastTech has a heap to choose from. So does DX. I got a Vamo. Order lots of the appropriate wicks/cartomiser/coil head because they are a consumable and waiting on delivery from China takes a month.

I concur. I have a ~$20 Vamo V5 that does a great job since it is adjustable. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done.

Just make sure to get cells that are unprotected. For some reason, it doesn't like protected cells. Must be that startup pulls a high enough current to trip the protection.

Samsung 25R's work great!

r3volved said:
markz said:
You dont go robbing and killing for nicotine, like you do with cocaine.
That's entirely due to the drug war and the black markets that exist due to illegalization.

Partly true. I have used this argument for MJ before and agree that legalization devalues the product due to lower risk. One problem though, is that certain types of cocaine junkies, namely crackheads, really won't work for their fix. Cultivating the coca plant, then extracting the cocaine, then cooking it into crack is something these guys will never go and do. They would rather take part in deviant activities to make a quick buck or beg for money. Many of them make their money from selling the crack itself to supply their own habits and decriminalization of cocaine would only serve to remove their jobs, leaving them to find other ways to make the money.

It might reduce the killings that occur in the drug turf wars and reduce the power and money of the Mexican cartels (they control 90% of the cocaine distribution into the US now)

That's why drug abuse should be treated as a medical issue and not as a criminal issue.

Drug abuse is NOT as common as drug use and it is a huge misconception (misinformation) that crack or heroin addict you on first try.

r3volved said:
That's why drug abuse should be treated as a medical issue and not as a criminal issue.

Drug abuse is NOT as common as drug use and it is a huge misconception (misinformation) that crack or heroin addict you on first try.

I agree.

Especially the addict part. My comment on that has always been 1st time is the try... it always takes a second time for addiction.

Back