Lest we forget......until Nov 12, then its forgotten

calab

1 MW
On November 12, they start taking down the ceremonial crosses used every year on Rememberance Day and no more signs on public transit "Lest we forget", I will take notice this year and see who is wearing the poppy before AND after Nov 11. I think the news anchors wearing the poppy will be a telling story. I have a suspicion that most will throw the poppy out come Nov 12.

Now there is discussion of not selling christmas stuff before Nov 11, because it degrades Rememberance Day.

I dont really care about the christmas stuff on shelves before Nov 11, but I do care about them taking everything down on Nov 12. I think it should be left up for awhile longer. You see houses with xmas lights left on the house (but not turned on) year round, I see a couple home owners/renters that are thoroughly lazy and leave the xmas lights turned-on year-round.

But Nov 12, come on!

Well I kept my eyes open, and noted that my city took down the memorial to fallen soldiers on Nov. 12, so yes they forgot already! How sad!
Certain transit drivers had digital "Lest we forget" messages on their buses, but only until about Nov 13. Even sadder!
Most business men downtown had ripped their poppies off on Nov 12.
Ya know, just about everyone around here, leaves up their xmas stuff a solid 2 weeks after xmas!

I guess the only good news is $200M to help our soldiers for mental health issues.

Christmas now starts the day after the Fourth of July here, steamrolling all the other Holidays especially Thanksgiving. :x
We do have Memorial Day at the end of May, Veterans Day on November 11, and Patriots Day September 11, but Flag Day in June is almost totally forgotten. Nothing has ruined holidays IMHO more than the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. :evil:

Back