6 Brainwashing Techniques They're Using On You Right Now

Mathurin

100 kW
Fascinating stuff, food for thought.
http://www.cracked.com/article_16656_6-brainwashing-techniques-theyre-using-on-you-right-now.html

BTW that first pic in black & white comes from the movie "They live", as seen here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9005367754264973286

It's not going to make me buy a product, but I certainly don't mind ads like the second picture . . . . :lol:

Crap like that explains a lot of my life choices. Never worked at Walmart, never joined the military, never belonged to any church, don't root for sports teams in my town.... Just a damn freethiker. I call it being american.

What would be the reasons advertising works?

1) Lazy people do not bother to do any research before they buy into something, it's just easier to believe what you are told.

2) People want to feel good about themselves, if what they are buying into says it's a good thing, then they will believe it and convince themselves that it is good.

3) People want acceptance, convince them that it's the trend and they will join.

4) Abundance of wealth (or easy credit nowadays), it's easy to buy something when it is cheap or perceived to be cheap.

5) No common sense, that's one problem when people in a society are so specialized that they would not know which end of a hammer to pick up.

There is probably hundreds of reasons.

Deron.

PaulM said:
It's not going to make me buy a product, but I certainly don't mind ads like the second picture . . . . :lol:

Oh c'mon now. That doesn't make you want to go and buy your own tit pedastal? I know I want one now. Just can't figure out where to buy one. :lol:

PaulM said:
she advertising for a divorce attorney.....? "remember what it 'was' like before...?"...... or
crazy glue......"problem with eyes popping out...?"......or tie wire...."jaw droppin' outa place...?"....

"They Live" what a fun movie that was! I haven't seen it in years, but I liked it when I was younger. IIRC there's a fight scene in that movie where a guy gets kicked in the nuts more times than any fight scene ever! freakin hilarious :lol:

as far as advertising and whats popular I tend to automatically think if the masses like it, its got to suck. This isn't always true, but it's usually a good starting point.

Fortunately most of that stuff works poorly on ES members. The problem is that we see, while most only look. My experience tells me less than 10% of the population can see.

Correct. And those of us who do question what we are told are placed as outcasts ~ alternatives ~ greenies ~ wackos.

Let's not forget the drug sniffing "hippies". Surely anyone who advocates Peace and Love must be some kind of freak. Everyone knows there's no money in those things.

I'd say it's been f#cked for 'free' thinkers for a very long, long, long time. History has many accounts of the 'ones' in power at the time to always kill, mame, ostracize any one or group that does not 'buy/trade/suck-up/bow' to them. One of the first of millions in Russia & China to be slaughtered when reds took control was business owners. Free (thinkers) Enterprise is their #1 enemy and will be treated as such. Gee whiz, how is USA tax/regulations structured & seem to be heading, to help or hinder Free Enterprise....?

Back