YOUTUBE RECOMMENDS :

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Re: YOUTUBE RECOMMENDS :

Post by LockH » Sep 23 2018 4:31pm

TronX One - Electric Cycle Review
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Sep 23 2018 9:41pm

Hehe... on my fav subject "global climate change"... and whether it's anthropomorphic (human caused) ... or... turns out, on Planet Dirt ("earth") there's always been stuff from space including meteors and asteroids... but my fav is volcanic... :)

... including some "mega"/huge stuff... but also the explosion of Tambora in 1815. Whereupon German von Drais came out with his two-wheeled Laufmaschine: :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1125

Catastrophe - Episode 5 - Survival Earth

:)

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)

(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Sep 23 2018 11:00pm

From the years BE (Before Electrics)... when sailors would strap 1000s of pounds of lead on a monomaran... then spends thousands more to try and "go fast".
Take Me To Pitcairn - Full Documentary

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Sep 25 2018 1:09pm

Hehe... ESB "Search found 7 matches: +Urban +Drivestyle"... and they're at it again...

How to fold the UNI Micro electric folding bike and how to take on public transportation

(Headbangers may wish to "crank those tunes"... :wink:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Sep 25 2018 3:40pm

Olympic Athlete Stacey Cook | Electric Bike Spotlight

Hehe... YT desc.:
"People tend to laugh when they see me, a professional athlete, on an ebike. Just to be clear, I don’t do my training on an ebike, but it has become an important part of my daily life nonetheless. Why? Because it is fun. Because it brings normalcy and recreation to my life in the form of being together with my friends. Because it makes me feel better about my impact on the environment. Did I mention it is fun?!! Now, along with my mountain bike and road bike, I have an ebike in my collection of two wheeled fun and there is no favoritism between any of them, just the appropriate time and place for each." - Olympian Stacey Cook

8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Sep 27 2018 10:31am

Traffic halted through Dupont Circle in vigil for man killed on scooter

:cry:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Sep 27 2018 6:29pm

Worst Company Disasters! | Top 6 Blunders (Extra fun Part II where they talk about the automotive industries!)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Sep 28 2018 8:49pm

How an automotive company speaks to ebikers (coincidences, really!) "I can't believe they are buying this crap"

:wink:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Sep 29 2018 6:02pm

Hehe... How much fun is "too much" fun? How highways wrecked American cities :mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Oct 03 2018 4:50pm

Hehe... Haven't heard from these folks in a while... (on ES TV aka YouTube...)

Vintage Electric Bikes - Tracker S

8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Oct 05 2018 11:42pm

#Sponsored
Electric Mountain Biking Tips for Beginners

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Oct 07 2018 1:28pm

(NEVer Ending) Endless Super-Duper Series... 6 Amazing Bikes You Need To See

YT Desc. includes:
01-Rowcycle - The innovative Rowing Bike - Outdoor full body workout
02-veemo electric bike inventions EEffortless pedaling makes it a breeze going up the steepest of hills, no matter what you’re carrying with you.
03- super 73 electric bike TA powerful electric bike full of features. Go anywhere with 1000 watts of power, Californian design, and even a cup holder.
04- Introducing EV4 Semi-Recumbent This version of the EV4 was created for customers who like longer trips and exceptional comfort. The bike has same features as the EV4 Bike
05- A beach cruiser finally designed to survive beach bike life. Introducing the Priority Coast: The first weatherproof, rustproof, grease-free, belt driven, smooth-riding beach bicycle.
06- The World's Most Efficient Drivetrain Driven sets a new benchmark in drivetrain technology, increasing optimal efficiency to 99% and creating 49% less friction than market leaders.
Only ONE cup holder? :cry:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Oct 07 2018 2:05pm

[Whining and Whimpering MODE ON]
127: The Real Problem with eScooters, Vuelta a Espana Mayhem, Goodbye to Aqua Blue Sport, Electric Folders Discussed, and Oakland Ride Director Najari Smith Unjustly Arrested

https://bicyclist.xyz/scb-fm/127-proble ... -arrested/

128: Travel Debrief, The 2018 Interbike Experience, The Risky Business of Electric Scooters, Uber Invests Big in Cycling Advocacy

https://bicyclist.xyz/scb-fm/128-travel ... on-record/
"I like, but..."
[<- Insert Extra Whining and Whimpering here]
"but, but, but..."
... and once again, "commenters" promote (some) helmets... yet continue to ignore the neck collar braces... and codpieces... :roll:

Amusing to read (hear) re Uber spending money to help cities build crumbling infrastructure ("build bike lanes", etc) rather than making ebikes ("escooters") with larger diameter wheels/tires...
(Re Uber)..."EVen during "congestion" the rental of ebikes goes up and the "UBER platform" (scooters with "tiny" wheels) decreases..." HELLO?

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Oct 08 2018 11:05am

Huh? ESB "Search found 0 matches: semab projects"? Huh.

https://www.semabprojects.com/en/

(They say:)
SEMAB PROJECTS is a company who has developed different innovative solutions for cyclists specialized in providing a wide range cycle parking solutions focused on, security, quality, design, innovation and sustainability.

Every cycling trip ends with a parked bicycle; thus this is a significant factor in promoting cycling. Without bicycle parking, lots of parked bicycles are stolen and quickly become a mess that makes the city hard to access for pedestrians.
... from Cornellà del Terri...
(Wiki:)
Cornellà del Terri is a village in the province of Girona and autonomous community of Catalonia, Spain. The municipality covers an area of 27.8 square kilometres (10.7 sq mi) and the population in 2014 was 2,235.
... and:
Girona (Catalan pronunciation: [ʒiˈɾonə], Spanish: Gerona [xeˈɾona]) is a province of Spain, in the northeastern part of the autonomous community of Catalonia. It is bordered on the northwest by the province of Lleida, on the southwest by the province of Barcelona, on the north by France, and on the east by the Mediterranean Sea.

The population of the province in 2016 was 739,607. Its capital and largest city is Girona, with an urban area (including the neighbouring municipalities of Salt, Sarrià de Ter and Vilablareix) representing, with a total population of 144,709, 19.2% of the population. The Girona area acts as an industrial, commercial and service hub for a significant part of the province.
... and they post YT vids... including Acces parking and pick up electric bicycle

8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Oct 08 2018 12:52pm

PSA from your friendly, neighbourhood hospital Admitting Dept.:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Oct 08 2018 5:51pm

E-Bike Robberies Unnerve Manhattan Deliverymen

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Oct 13 2018 12:32am

Hehe... ValleyBike Share, which launched in five cities and towns in the region earlier this year, is expanding to Easthampton with financial support from the state’s Housing Choice Initiative.

On Thursday, the Baker-Polito administration announced nearly $5 million in awards to 31 communities, including $225,000 going to Easthampton, through a Housing Choice capital grant, which will pay for the design and construction of five bike share locations featuring 36 new electric assist bicycles.
ValleyBike Share, which launched in five cities and towns in the region earlier this year, is expanding to Easthampton with financial support from the state’s Housing Choice Initiative.On Thursday, the Baker-Polito administration announced nearly $5 million in awards to 31 communities, including $225,000 going to Easthampton, through a Housing Choice capital grant, which will pay for the design and construction of five bike share locations featuring 36 new electric assist bicycles.
On Thursday, the Baker-Polito administration announced nearly $5 million in awards to 31 communities, including $225,000 going to Easthampton, through a Housing Choice capital grant, which will pay for the design and construction of five bike share locations featuring 36 new electric assist bicycles.[/quote]

Dang. Creamed my jeans again.)9 (So confused. )

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Dec 31 2018 9:45pm

Love chemistry? My assist-to-the-assist rocket propelled trike has great acceleration. Just never, never, never mix "the T Stuff" (hydrogen peroxide aka H2O2) with "the C stuff" (mix hydrazine hydrate (H6N2O) and methanol (CH3OH)) liquid fuels... [extra "never" added here]. Otherwise, works great!

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jan 01 2019 10:45pm

Hehe... Where expressions like "cut down to size" came from. :D

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jan 02 2019 6:20pm

Hehe... Speaking of chemistry... sorta... but layering over top physics (in my last year of high school I had both "advanced" chemistry AND physics... again, not exactly "ebike-specific" (hehe...) but talks about chemistry a bit... and mostly about physics... the kinetic energy included in a mass moving at any speed. So the formula for calculating kinetic energy (KE) is KE = 0.5 x mv2... ie there are two parts... m(mass) and v2(velocity squared). So basically you have a tiny object "bullet" (tiny in "Ebike Terms", where many ebikes can weigh hundreds of pounds, including rider and stuff...) moving at X velocity SQUARED. So might imagine an ebike moving at 20 mph striking a fixed object... like eg any pedestrian... who may not be wearing their soft or hard body armour that day [cough cough]. So. Basically, in physics terms that "lighter" may be "better", apart from "heavier" obviously needing more energy to accelerate like in a stop-and-go urban world. Hope you find... amusing:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jan 07 2019 8:03am

The fingers   100 GW

100 GW

Post by The fingers » Jan 24 2019 12:47am

Black Schwinn High Sierra
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains
Black Fiore Cruzer 5: Amped Warp Drive 26" Front DD/SLA kit
http://ghostbikes.org/
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php
Hebrews 9:27

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jan 25 2019 3:55am

:cry: