Discussions aren't the same quality without Chalo

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Discussions aren't the same quality without Chalo

Post by liveforphysics » Sep 23 2015 6:08pm

I miss the man's unique perspectives on things. It's natural for humans to get into pack mentality and cling to whatever fleeting trend of the day happens to be happening in ebikes. Chalo has spent a lifetime working with bicycles, has seen many fads and trends come and go, and freely contributes his very not-pack-mentality view points.

The value in discussion is not unquestioning mutual group acceptance of ideas, it's to have them challenged and to take the uncomfortable looks at our own series of assumptions. Like it or not, agree with him or not, he mastered this perspective challenging process and I personally miss the value it adds to your board, and I don't care that it occasionally ruffles feathers.

I move to un-suspend his account, and hope he is so kind as to return.

ATB,
-Luke
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

Lenk42602   10 kW

10 kW

Re: Discussions aren't the same quality without Chalo

Post by Lenk42602 » Sep 23 2015 7:06pm

liveforphysics wrote: The value in discussion is not unquestioning mutual group acceptance of ideas, it's to have them challenged and to take the uncomfortable looks at our own series of assumptions. Like it or not, agree with him or not, he mastered this perspective challenging process ............ and I don't care that it occasionally ruffles feathers.
ATB,
-Luke
Can't agree more.

Another method in the repertoire of moves to avoid challenges to the hive mentality here is to shun the unperson.

Peace.

LK

Gregory   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Gregory » Sep 23 2015 7:10pm

His account isn't suspended, and according to his profile he visited ES today.

1) x5305 Hub Motor in a 24" Sun rim with 10G spokes, Kelly 72601 controller, 74V 10Ah Turnigy LiPo 20C Battery and CycleAnalyst
2) Mac 10T rear hub in a 700C "comfort bike" 15S 5Ah LiPo, stock 28A Xie Cheng controller
3) 38" Longboard, Turnigy 6374, CC Mamba XL2 ESC

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Sep 23 2015 7:14pm

Gregory wrote:His account isn't suspended, and according to his profile he visited ES today.

Odd that he isn't able to post.

Chalo my friend, post in this thread if able. If your post doesn't appear here, let's get that fixed mods.

ATB,
-Luke

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Sep 23 2015 7:21pm

I just got a message from Chalo that says when he tries to post, it says:

"You have been permanently banned from this board. Please contact board administrators for more information"

spinningmagnets   100 GW

100 GW

Post by spinningmagnets » Sep 23 2015 7:25pm

I'm the moderator that gave him a week off, and I for one...would welcome him. I have been reprimanded myself on occasion through out my life...and when I was, I deserved it. It was annoying and irritating, but life goes on.

Ykick   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Ykick » Sep 23 2015 7:26pm

liveforphysics wrote:I just got a message from Chalo that says when he tries to post, it says:

"You have been permanently banned from this board. Please contact board administrators for more information"
Permanent ban? I think something may be effed up....

I agree with Luke.
Talent must not be wasted.... Those who have talent must hug it, embrace it, nurture it and share it lest it be taken away from you as fast as it was loaned to you.

- Frank Sinatra

Lenk42602   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Lenk42602 » Sep 23 2015 7:29pm

ohzee   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ohzee » Sep 23 2015 7:29pm

It sounds like some settings on vbulletin for his user must be incorrect somehow.

Spinning stated he only gave him a week off and I assume he re enabled him thinking that he could post but chose not to do so.
Id also bet that Chalo assumed he was not being allowed to post.

Anyway if Spinningmagnets re-enabled the user maybe some other setting still needs to be changed ?

spinningmagnets   100 GW

100 GW

Post by spinningmagnets » Sep 23 2015 7:31pm

After a chat in the mod private discussion area (a while back), I very specifically clicked on "one week ban" (or wording to that effect). If I have somehow inadvertantly left him on ban mode, then I am the person solely responsible for the mistake, and I sincerely apologize.

I just went to the user profile page and clicked on something that says "exclude from banning", and hopefully that will have a positive effect.

Gregory   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Gregory » Sep 23 2015 7:38pm

:D

Welcome back Chalo

1) x5305 Hub Motor in a 24" Sun rim with 10G spokes, Kelly 72601 controller, 74V 10Ah Turnigy LiPo 20C Battery and CycleAnalyst
2) Mac 10T rear hub in a 700C "comfort bike" 15S 5Ah LiPo, stock 28A Xie Cheng controller
3) 38" Longboard, Turnigy 6374, CC Mamba XL2 ESC

nutnspecial   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Sep 23 2015 7:41pm

+1 LFP +1 Diversity -1 Treating people badly //Fine line

Chalo seemed abrasive sometimes, but I never witnessed the crossing of lines.
I believe this was a private matter, so I prefer not to address it specifically.

All intensive purposes, if a member can login, they can post- they just may not want to because of unresolved issues, quite possibly of a private nature.

I would like to have more of Chalo's perspective, and hope things can be resolved if needed.
Peace

PS, I wrote this re:lfp 6 posts back

spinningmagnets   100 GW

100 GW

Post by spinningmagnets » Sep 23 2015 7:45pm

This is what my screen looked like after I tried again to un-ban Chalo. The first choice in the ban menu is "permanent", but there are several other choices not shown until clicked on, like one week, one day, etc. The permanent ban is the first choice because it is the most often used for the frequent spam that Amberwolf has been so effective at sweeping up.
ChaloBanReversed.png
ChaloBanReversed.png (155.04 KiB) Viewed 500 times

nutnspecial   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Sep 23 2015 7:48pm

Be careful not to open the gates of hell with that- it is the 23 after all hehehe

The fingers   100 GW

100 GW

Post by The fingers » Sep 23 2015 7:50pm

The Cat in the Hat Comes Back! 8)
Black Schwinn High Sierra
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains
Black Fiore Cruzer 5: Amped Warp Drive 26" Front DD/SLA kit
http://ghostbikes.org/
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php
Hebrews 9:27

Chalo   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Chalo » Sep 23 2015 7:55pm

Whoa, I'm back.

Many thanks to Luke for the help getting through the force field, and also to everyone who offered kind words in my absence.

My daily habits have changed a bit in the interim. In addition to setting aside the Endless Sphere, I also broke up with my girlfriend and thus changed my default location to my own place. So I don't know how active I'll be at E-S while I'm finding my new rhythm, but I'll definitely be checking in here.

Thanks again!

Chalo
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

nutnspecial   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Sep 23 2015 7:59pm

Happy :D
Changes can be for the best, when we make the best of them !

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Sep 23 2015 8:10pm

Chalo wrote:Whoa, I'm back.

Many thanks to Luke for the help getting through the force field, and also to everyone who offered kind words in my absence.

My daily habits have changed a bit in the interim. In addition to setting aside the Endless Sphere, I also broke up with my girlfriend and thus changed my default location to my own place. So I don't know how active I'll be at E-S while I'm finding my new rhythm, but I'll definitely be checking in here.

Thanks again!

Chalo

The very least I could do for someone who challenged what I had previously taken for granted as reality more than most folks in this world.

Congratulations on the change in pace! Independence is beautiful.

ATB,
-Luke

flathill   100 kW

100 kW

Post by flathill » Sep 23 2015 8:13pm

Welcome back! I too appreciate your input even if I don't always agree with it.

spinningmagnets   100 GW

100 GW

Post by spinningmagnets » Sep 23 2015 8:14pm

Since that worked, then I can only conclude that the mismanaged un-ban was clearly my fault. Chalo, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. You deserved better.

Ykick   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Ykick » Sep 23 2015 9:45pm

It’s better to have a genuine “bicycle” person willing to share. More often than not, bicycle folks tend to ignore us while seemingly wishing that we would just go away.

Welcome back Chalo and good luck with the changes in personal life. Life’s a work in progress and no telling what’s behind the next door.
Talent must not be wasted.... Those who have talent must hug it, embrace it, nurture it and share it lest it be taken away from you as fast as it was loaned to you.

- Frank Sinatra

e-beach   1 GW

1 GW
Location: Any Los Angeles area beach I am at. Or Santa Monica or possibly the south bay beaches.

Post by e-beach » Sep 23 2015 10:13pm

Wow....you got banned??? Now you really are my hero! :lol: But, sorry you got banned.... :oops:
Seems to have worked it's way out. 8)

@ Chalo "Ok, so you speak your mind", ....

Well, for those who don't know Chalo, if you ask him for advise or help on this board, he will always give you good, if not great advise. He has helped me before. Not once, but multiple times. For his help I am grateful.

Glad you are back and sorry about your break-up. Those are always hard. If it helps, and it may not, I have had a year of major changes my self both good and bad. I have met others who have had the same kind of year. Major moves kinda-year.

PM on it's way, maybe tomorrow.

Glad you are back.

:D
Favorite Quote: "This is L.A., sugar. There is no 'over the top." --- Chris Erskine

Current build: Liahona w/ cheap front suspension and suspension seat post. Yescomusa 36v 800w generic front hub motor. 15ah Headway triangle mounted pack. Tronsung 30 amp,

Previous Build:1992 Trek Antelope 800 - Bone Crusher (no suspension) - Yescomusa 800 watt 36 volt front wheel kit. Don't do it! Get suspension!!!

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Sep 23 2015 11:02pm

Thank you for fixing it Spinning.

Chalo   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Chalo » Sep 23 2015 11:37pm

For what it's worth, I don't feel like you did anything wrong, intentionally or accidentally either. Thanks for your earnest help in clearing up what was foremost a technical problem, as far as I can tell.

spinningmagnets wrote:Since that worked, then I can only conclude that the mismanaged un-ban was clearly my fault. Chalo, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. You deserved better.
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

Lebowski   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Lebowski » Sep 24 2015 1:37am

Welcome back Chalo !