9800mAh 18650s. I want to troll this guy so bad.

Sunder

10 MW
Just saw this in my inbox from Aliexpress:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-pcs-18650-battery-3-7V-9800mAh-rechargeable-li-ion-battery-one-charger-for-Led-flashlight/32425676545.html?spm=2114.01010108.3.1.67b6Xz&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2_91_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

9800mAh in a 18650 - 3 times what the best manufacturers in the world are capable of.

In particular, this was funny:

NOT: If you need a different battery voltage and capacity, or you have any special requirements for the battery. Please contact us. . We can regroup the battery as you request .. higher battery voltage, more capacity. . Not a problem!!!...

I'm so tempted to ask for 20,000mAh in a single 18650. See if they'll print off the new shrink wrap. If they say yes to that, promise to pay even more for a 30,000mAh version and see how far I can push it!

Only problem is, I actually do use my Aliexpress account a fair bit, and wouldn't want to have a complaint lodged against me. I could always create a new one. Anyone else up for some trolling?

Do itttt!

Buy an insanely huge quantity of whatever they claim is their maximum capacity, do a series of discharge tests proving you are measuring a fraction of what they promised, get a full refund per aliexpress policy.

Get them to guarantee some degree of capacity if possible.

I totally and completely endorse frocking with these assholes preying upon the ignorance of others.

It likely sounds petty to do such a thing, it feels like it is to me, but I've simply avoided buying things like this from these places solely because I wasn't able to find anything but nearly entirely brutally obvious fakes. It's to the point where I become paranoid that it's 100% fakes and I'd be a fool to buy from there. I almost feel sad for (assuming they exist) legitimate sellers on that site because of this idea.

Anyone happen to have personal experience with the refund process of places like alibaba and aliexpress? How was the experience(s)? Perhaps sharing this information here will inspire confidence in others, I hope this isn't derailing this thread in course.

Haha, going to that level would feel like fraud.

I think what shocks me is that these people still get ~98-99% positive feedback. Does nobody test any of the products they buy?

It is amazing there isn't a wall of negative feedback for that product. 18650's have gone mainstream and 95% of users don't care or know a mAh from a mL.
Even if you dispute/refund a purchase, Aliexpress still allows you to leave feedback so there should be something.

edit: just checked my quite neutral feedback I left on my item that wasn't received. I can't see my feeback anymore. So maybe there is some censoring or sellers can remove them if a refund is given ???

bowlofsalad said:
Anyone happen to have personal experience with the refund process

I disputed a non received $41 multimeter and got a refund in my bank within 5 days. YMMV. The majority of purchases have gone through without a hitch.

Back