Elon Musk: Fossil fuel industry

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Every one talks about fuel consumption. But no one will even discus air consumption. The averaged vehicle uses 56,000 liters of air per hour. That's enormous and unrelenting! In fact every cubic foot of air on this planet is being cycled through an internal combustion engine every 10 1/2 months.

I have coffee in the morning with my engineer and physicist friends and they tell me the commercial airlines are just as bad as the cars in this regard.
They pretty much have said that we are all screwed if we don't put down these fossil fuel likes immediately.

Hehe... Chin Up Bob. I like to appeal to their pocket books. Point of how much money can be saved in crowded urban environments.

8)

(Not to mention can add pedaling to extend range per charge, life of cells ("battery") before recycling/replacement. And for warmth. And then there's that whole silly "exercise" thingee.)

deronmoped said:
Battery powered rockets???

Careful. I smell a trick. (Uses fossil fuels somewhere/somehow.) Fer staying in planet atmosphere? Seems like yer thinking air-based? Or surface/ground-based? When land-based, I'm a fan of electrified metal railings. (One "A", one "B".) :twisted:

The ion drives they're starting to use in space are electrically powered rockets. They use PV panels rather than batteries.....

A Brief Chat With Elon Musk About Climate Change, Rex Tillerson, and Donald Trump
My tweets speak for themselves. Please read them exactly as they are written. Tillerson obviously did a competent job running Exxon, one of the largest companies in the world. In that role, he was obligated to advance the cause of Exxon and did. In the Sec of State role, he is obligated to advance the cause of the US and I suspect he probably will. Also, he has publicly acknowledged for years that a carbon tax could make sense. There is no better person to push for that to become a reality than Tillerson. This is what matters far more than pipelines or opening oil reserves. The unpriced externality must be priced.
An interesting set of developments under the Climate-change-denier-in-chief. There may be a glimmer of hope here. That even though the Keystone XL and Dakota Access piipelines may be revived, the EPA climate action is being gutted, government scientists are being silenced, and so forth, that there is a senior cabinet member standing as a voice of reasoned compromise, and we may yet see emerge an administration advancing the cause. All speculative at this time of course.
... You are missing the point. This is something we need to strive for and the more voices of reason that the President hears, the better. Simply attacking him will achieve nothing. Are you aware of a single case where Trump bowed to protests or media attacks? Better that there are open channels of communication.
:mrgreen:

bobc said:
The ion drives they're starting to use in space are electrically powered rockets. They use PV panels rather than batteries.....

It's still burning xenon as propellant, the electric ignition is just more efficient.

Back