Page 41 of 42

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Nov 29 2018 11:45am
by 2old
Rained steadily, but not a massive downpour, from 11:00 PM or so and continuing this AM in the"OC". Finally! No off-road riding for at least a couple of days (good excuse to let my pinched nerve settle down).

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Nov 29 2018 2:04pm
by The fingers
La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
********************************************************************************** :D

Light rain since early this morning, now it’s getting windier as the storm front advances.

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Nov 29 2018 9:59pm
by The fingers
La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
************************************************************************************************************************************* :twisted:
Lightning strikes on TV news. I’m staying indoors this evening.

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Nov 29 2018 11:07pm
by amberwolf
Near certainty of rain tonight during thunderstorms; dunno how much rain though. Haven't seen anything but partial cloud cover all day, and mostly cloudy since a bit after sundown. Might be some storms pretty far northwest of here, horizon-far, but nothing here yet.

Friday and Saturday are almost 50/50 chances on the rain.

While finishing up wiring for LED strips on the trike I added a temporary panel to the rear gate door of the cargo hold / dog carrier to keep most water out if it happens to downpour while I'm on the roads.

Image

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Nov 30 2018 4:38am
by The fingers
SDHET HEMET VALLE VISTA 0.73 2050

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Nov 30 2018 11:12am
by fechter
Got about 1.7" here. Thunder, lightning and a power failure to go with it. Those bike batteries and inverter come in handy.
No tornadoes, but even thunder is pretty rare around here.

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Nov 30 2018 1:37pm
by 2old
fechter wrote:
Nov 30 2018 11:12am
Got about 1.7" here. Thunder, lightning and a power failure to go with it. Those bike batteries and inverter come in handy.
No tornadoes, but even thunder is pretty rare around here.
How about flooding and hillside damage in norcal?

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Nov 30 2018 1:54pm
by The fingers
:mrgreen:
SDHET HEMET VALLE VISTA 0.83 2050

Some streets and intersections were flooded on the other side of town, but no report of problems in the Cranston Fire burn area.
Holy Fire in Lake Elsinore a different story, black fire-smelling mud/debris flow. :x
No news of Norcali. :confused:

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Nov 30 2018 3:06pm
by fechter
2old wrote:
Nov 30 2018 1:37pm
How about flooding and hillside damage in norcal?
Yes, there was some flooding due to excessive runoff up north but it wasn't too bad. For sure the fire is out now.

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Nov 30 2018 5:04pm
by 2old
fechter wrote:
Nov 30 2018 3:06pm
2old wrote:
Nov 30 2018 1:37pm
How about flooding and hillside damage in norcal?
Yes, there was some flooding due to excessive runoff up north but it wasn't too bad. For sure the fire is out now.
Thanks and good riddance to the fire, finally.

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 01 2018 2:35am
by Electroddy
I'm in Oroville and there are no reports of serious slides yet, however the fire zone is still off limits without good reason. It will be a few more days until the roads are considered safe enough to reopen the area. There is still a lot of debris on and unsafe trees over the roadways. PG&E is still replacing the power lines and poles.

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 01 2018 11:04am
by amberwolf
The rain started here shortly after I last posted above, and continued on and off until a while before it got ligth outside. By dawn it was pretty clear outside, and cold (around 40F).

I don't know exactly how much we got but it couldn't've been excessive--there was only a small strip of puddle at the corner of the street, and areas covered by awnings/etc were dry, while areas exposed to sky were pretty wet but not puddled.

There's supposed to be more about the same time next week.


Only Yogi and Kirin stayed inside during the rain; PeanutButter and Jelly both got soaked from playing in it, then tried to come plop down on me on the bed (while I was trying to sleep). :roll:

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 01 2018 1:34pm
by The fingers
Wednesday
A chance of rain after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 64.
Wednesday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.
Thursday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59.
Thursday Night
A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Friday
A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
:mrgreen:

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 03 2018 12:28am
by The fingers
Now 30% chance on Wednesday, 70% chance Thursday, showers likely on Friday. :D

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 03 2018 2:42pm
by The fingers
Up now to 70 & 80%. :D

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 03 2018 4:10pm
by The fingers
41EEB58B-A3E0-4488-95E6-FDE8B2330CD4.png

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 05 2018 2:30pm
by The fingers
La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
*********************************************************************** :)

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 06 2018 1:06am
by The fingers
SDHET HEMET VALLE VISTA 0.19 2050
Halfway through the storm. Not much but we’ll take anything we can get. :)

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 06 2018 1:53am
by The fingers
https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/pacsouthwest_loop.php
Front passing to the south and east, low following could bring thunderstorms through tomorrow. :twisted:

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 06 2018 8:51am
by fechter
I got about 0.3" out of the system. Sort of a dud, but need every drop.

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 06 2018 10:20am
by 2old
Drizzles all night down here in socal; could be a decent year.

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 06 2018 2:41pm
by The fingers
SDHET HEMET VALLE VISTA 0.34 2050
My old Orange County cell phones just alerted us of a flash flood warning where we used to live. That gives us a couple hours to get ready for it to happen here. :shock:

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 06 2018 3:05pm
by amberwolf
Little bit of drizzly rain with some bursts of more last night thru this morning. More expected thru the rest of the day. So far just enought to wet the ground, keep the streets damp, no puddles though (except in a couple spots where it runs off the roof guided into collection areas for trees).



Yogi (and I and my brother) are all achey and not moving well; Kirin is sticking right with me, and the two puppies PB & J are alternately having fun in the mud and coming in to crash for short naps.

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 06 2018 6:58pm
by The fingers
sgx.png
sgx.png (13.53 KiB) Viewed 142 times
Light Green: Flood Advisory
Dark Green: Flash Flood Watch
Red: Flash Flood Warning
Pink: Winter Storm Warning
Blue: Winter Weather Adivsory

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
********************************************************************************** :D

Flash Flood Warning just now came over the Emergency Alert System on live TV lasting until 7pm Pacific Standard Time for San Bernadino, Riverside, and San Diego Counties. Hemet was specifically mentioned in the alert this time. :evil:

https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/sw/h5-loop-ft.html

Re: la Nina rears her ugly head

Posted: Dec 06 2018 7:14pm
by neptronix
We've had maybe 15 days of rain here in Utah. This is the driest year i have seen in my 6 years of living here.

They keep diverting water and are basically draining the salt lake right now. Lake effect snow and rain is not happening so much anymore. Summers used to get humid because of the salt lake.. this last summer was consistently dry.

The governor declared a state of emergency and told his constituents to pray for rain, which doesn't sound like a plan to me. Glad i've not planted roots here.. i think in 30 years, Utah is gonna look like Las Vegas..