REALLY BAD WIRING JOB... ++++MUST SEE ++++

Doctorbass

100 GW
:shock:

the CSA, UL and other norma are certainly not followed in some country!!!!

that is simply incredibble!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

see also part 2 and 3 !!

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/03/really-bad-wiring-jobs_20.html

like these:

503740245_039bc2e091.jpg

1468488129_964262748e_o.jpg

1449787749_8d8ae6f80e.jpg

1525963575_660124a73a.jpg

2036057464_0cc80962b6_o.jpg

Doc

Looks like all the wiring in Mexico.

EMF said:
Where are these shots taken...Canada?

:mrgreen:

:roll: ... cmon EMF !!...

It seems that many person still think that in Canada we live in deep forest in a round wood beam house with 300baud internet... and have sun lightning 4 hour a day.....

Wake up all!.. we built the canadian arm robot for nasa, contributed for the A123 development and use 10mbits lan modem in majority of houses... :wink:

But.. maybe for the last pic i shown in this post with yellow wiring.. can be found in many university network!
Doc

Hi,

I worked on some video shoots in India.

The wires for the lights (1kw - 240V) were run by the "electrician".

He made up about a 30 or 40 foot run with 4 to 6 individual pieces of wire. For the splices he just twisted them together and added electrical tape. When he hit the wall he shoved the bare wires into the receptacles and jammed a wedge shaped piece of wood in for pressure.

Doctorbass said:
Wake up all!.. we built the canadian arm robot for nasa, contributed for the A123 development and use 10mbits lan modem in majority of houses... :wink:

I didn't believe this until I looked and saw that the US had an average download speed of 1.9Mbps, while Canada had an average of 7Mbps, and this was back in 2007 (Japan had an average of 61Mbps WTF!?).

That makes my far-above-national-average 6Mbps DSL line looks slow. :? Must upgrade to fiber!

Also: WOW that's a lot of ethernet cable in that last pic...

Damn it Dbass!! The idea is to keep them ignorant of what is up here. What you WANT an M1 tank parked on your lawn?!? Go watch H2O and the Trojan horse. :) :p

So next time they ask is that wiring job in Canada you say YES SIR on Parlament hill sir.

Doctorbass said:
EMF said:
Where are these shots taken...Canada?
:mrgreen:

:roll: ... cmon EMF !!...

It seems that many person still think that in Canada we live in deep forest in a round wood beam house with 300baud internet... and have sun lightning 4 hour a day.....

ooohz...so your saying North America isn't like that ;-| You have running water in houses up there then
or a trip to the local stream still on the cards? how about Electricity and such ? :p :p :p

I seen some pics (some worse) of Indian wiring...as in the street wires on lamposts was doing
the emails rounds for a wile not long ago...

My "Spaghetti-Bowl":

DSC06125-1-1.jpg

At least that's multi-core wire.

DSCN0695.jpg

Keep in mind I still had to fit the battery and controller in there...

Oh, and that yellow block-lookin' thing is a pair of Molexes covered in duct tape. :wink:

Mr. Mik said:
My "Spaghetti-Bowl":

DSC06125-1-1.jpg

is it a BMS??

or I can see rotating switch.. and something that might be the back of BNS connector?... is it to select battery/cell voltage to display?

Doc

Doctorbass said:
is it a BMS??

or I can see rotating switch.. and something that might be the back of BNS connector?... is it to select battery/cell voltage to display?

Doc

Yes, it measures voltages at multiple locations in the 102 NiMH cell string in my open-source Vectrix = "Vectux".

It also measures temperatures with the three switches on the left hand side.

Here is the front of it:

DSC06164-1.jpg

And here the schematic I used (Not including the thermistor switches):
VectuxM-BMSSwitcharray2009-01-01-1.jpg

The very first photo is Thailand, judging from the writing on the comb.

Holy Crap :shock:

353206250_6eb6a7cd1c.jpg

As a Canadian, and an apprenticing electrician, I hate to bring this to your attention. But it needs to be known. Tell people you care about to watch themselves, how to protect themselves from things like this. The grid, and a lot of similarly aged infrastructures along with it - is crumbling before our eyes. The consequences can suck.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2009/01/13/dog-electrocuted.html

my bad wiring job on the 4011/408 switch box. during my first ebike building effort around March 2007? My soldering sucked, I know.

30W iron on 10 awg is boozit.. :oops:

Attachments

• CIMG7118.jpg
    CIMG7118.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 3,586
  • CIMG7119.jpg
    CIMG7119.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 3,582
Dee Jay said:
my bad wiring job on the 4011/408 switch box. during my first ebike building effort around March 2007? My soldering sucked, I know.

30W on 10AWG... ishhh!.. I agree.. this is not the best setup!

A great trick for 10AWG wires and up is to mod a 140W weller gun with shorter element!... I can solder 4AWG no prob.. cheap mod!

Doc

Doctorbass said:
Dee Jay said:

A great trick for 10AWG wires and up is to mod a 140W weller gun with shorter element!... I can solder 4AWG no prob.. cheap mod!

Doc

I can see easily shortening the element by about a centimeter from the existing bend to where I'd put in a new bend. Is that what you mean?
Would, in your estimation or experience, the flat spatula end then be suitable for soldering battery tabs or are soldering guns totally verboten on batteries?
The only thing I've used my freebie Weller gun for is cutting plastic.

Doctorbass said:
Dee Jay said:

Doc

Cheers for the tips Doctorbass! I already have a 100 watter used for my A123 M1 tabs.

Still curious about your mod though.

Happy Friday!
J

Back