Woodgas/Biogas vs DIY Electric

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
j bjork   1 kW

1 kW

Re: Woodgas/Biogas vs DIY Electric

Post by j bjork » Sep 07 2019 4:56am

My plan is to use double walled piping, a smaller pipe with the exhaust inside. Surrounded by water in the bigger pipe.

wineboyrider   100 MW

100 MW

Post by wineboyrider » Sep 07 2019 9:03am

Living in the desert southwest where wood is not very plentiful. I do my part by burning scrap wood for cutting my heating bill in winter. I have a very efficient stove, but gathering enough free wood just to heat it is a PITA. I just use my wood stove to heat from dead tree limbs and grapevines.
ES IS SAVED! THANK YOU JUSTIN.

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Sep 07 2019 10:50pm

Winter is coming soon.
If someone had a Freehold property they are living in, meaning no silly condo/strata rules. To reduce heating cost in the winter, a woodgas contraption going to a generator, that then powers heaters in the house. Maybe even find an electric water heater instead of gas, reduce the utility bill even more!

Need a free source of wood, or a very cheap place to buy a cord of wood. There is some sort of wooden furniture thats been sitting for a very long time in an alley way, cut that up, some even dump their trees in the alleys. Be a good way to clean up the alleyways and eye sores in your neighborhood.

wineboyrider   100 MW

100 MW

Post by wineboyrider » Sep 09 2019 9:10am

markz wrote:
Sep 07 2019 10:50pm
Winter is coming soon.
If someone had a Freehold property they are living in, meaning no silly condo/strata rules. To reduce heating cost in the winter, a woodgas contraption going to a generator, that then powers heaters in the house. Maybe even find an electric water heater instead of gas, reduce the utility bill even more!

Need a free source of wood, or a very cheap place to buy a cord of wood. There is some sort of wooden furniture thats been sitting for a very long time in an alley way, cut that up, some even dump their trees in the alleys. Be a good way to clean up the alleyways and eye sores in your neighborhood.
Burn responsibly! Use a catalytic stove or epa certified one. They burn very clean and the catalytic ones have very few restrictions. https://woodheat.org/index.php
ES IS SAVED! THANK YOU JUSTIN.