Nintendo switch

I am not a console gamer at all, I remember playing a lot of Tony Hawk on XBOX when I broke my leg in 2007.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii91yQ2oH4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GsXbuR23WU

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Nintendo+Switch

I didn't know it was such a success. The last one I got is the wii. I play on pc mostly.
Lately not even pc.My nvidia card died on me a few weeks ago and I didn't replace so far.
I luv the idea. Modular, portable.... maybe I am buying one next Xmas. Have fun!

It is not a success just no stock of them. Too much demand and nintendo didn't make enough. It looks like I was extremely lucky even to get my set. The rest sold out in 20 minutes. They have been some more in small amounts but they all sell in a minute, lol. People are basically buying them to scalp them, for the most part. Not me though.

http://www.stockinformer.com/stockhistory.aspx?hid=3093

Picked up the grey switch today and they had the neon one is stock also. Bought both!

image1_5.jpg

rojitor said:
So.... What's your experience so far? Is it worth it?
I backed this device time ago. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc?lang=es
It is somehow a similar project for pc playas. Steam ready.It got delayed tho.

That looks pretty cool. There has been a few indie games I would have loved to play on a handheld.
I played bomberman R on it for 20 minutes, haven't tried mario kart yet. Took me almost 2 hours futzing with trying to figure out how to link my nintendo account from my wii u so I could play it online only to find hardly anyone plays it online. People say bomberman sucks but I love it. It is a stupid game if you are a gamer but I am only a light gamer, would play super nintendo bomberman all the time when I was young. It is just awesome to have it when no one else can get it :twisted: Have zelda on my wii u already but may just get it for the switch also, I would have to redo my 30 or so hours I have in it. Alot of hype for it but only time will tell if it will get good games or not, not at all as powerful as xbox or PS4 but very cool playing it as a handheld.

I luv bomberman. I played a lot the arcade version on mame emulador. The 10' games are cool too.
I used to play one of the "three wonders" named "don't pull" very funny too.
[youtube]fa0HfLxPN74 [/youtube]

This bomberman is very hard. It has some weird continue system using coins. Starts you out with 1300 coins, then a choice to continue by spending 200 or 300 or something. The two bosses are so hard on the first level. After dying about 5 times having to start over at the beginning stage I spent 800 coins worth of continues until it just lets you keep playing until you win, I guess later you have to jump thru some hoops to get more coins or maybe there is some BS in app purchase thing. On the second world now and got to 3rd stage. Very frustrating game.

i know what you mean. Easy games suck but over difficult games suck even more. I finished some really difficult games because i took it as a personal challenge but i have quit others because i have things to do in real life. It seems the greatest fiasco of the gaming world is E.T
6gyoat.jpg

the difficulty was so high that people got frustrated and angry. Got massive returns.
I played recently Dying Light. It is amazing if you have plenty of time and frustrating if you have a few minutes. I had to quit. Of course there's always alternatives. Exploits, cheats, tricks etc... but that can make you quit a game even faster.
I love those games where you set difficulty so you can escalate as you progress. I enjoyed a lot the last version of Doom. My fav lately has been diablo 3.

rojitor said:
i know what you mean. Easy games suck but over difficult games suck even more. I finished some really difficult games because i took it as a personal challenge but i have quit others because i have things to do in real life. It seems the greatest fiasco of the gaming world is E.T
6gyoat.jpg

the difficulty was so high that people got frustrated and angry. Got massive returns.
I played recently Dying Light. It is amazing if you have plenty of time and frustrating if you have a few minutes. I had to quit. Of course there's always alternatives. Exploits, cheats, tricks etc... but that can make you quit a game even faster.
I love those games where you set difficulty so you can escalate as you progress. I enjoyed a lot the last version of Doom. My fav lately has been diablo 3.

Well I am bored with mario kart 8, I beat all the 50cc races and just can't seem to want to try the 100cc or more since it is the same tracks. I haven't touched the switch for 5 days now, last I played bomberman. Plus I have the other switch new in box that hasn't sold yet :| I still like the look of having it in my room atleast. Hopefully a good game will come out soon.
I watched this documentary about them digging up a landfill that was rumored to have all the unsold and returned copies of E.T. in it. I would think it is free to watch somewhere by now. It was kind of interesting, the guy who made the game was in it. It destroyed his career as a game developer, lol.

It is on netflix. Or at least it was. That dude was the greatest all time game programmer. He wasn't given the time to do it right so it failed. Asíde from that fiasco he sold millions of every game he did so his name is written on stone forever. He is a legend in the videogames history and deserves the highest respect.

rojitor said:
6gyoat.jpg

What i really hate is games where you cannot save it at any moment, but are forced to continue to the next savepoint (which are an hour apart but you have to go to the store before it closes or something).

Yes, they affect real life sometimes in a very nasty way. When I play a diablo 3 rift (hardcore) I am out of this world for 15'
I can't pause or save and resume later. If anything happens in real life I am doomed. The Door Bell, the phone, family, urge to pee. .....

Lebowski said:
rojitor said:
6gyoat.jpg

What i really hate is games where you cannot save it at any moment, but are forced to continue to the next savepoint (which are an hour apart but you have to go to the store before it closes or something).
Didn't you play nintendo, genesis, super nintendo. Having to play thru the ENTIRE game is required is alot of them, it was not uncommon to just leave your system run for days just to keep playing your game. I have a game gear and do not have one game that has save feature. Sonic chaos is the best one I have and there is this stupid code you put in to get to level select, take me atleast 20 times just to get it right so I can go the the level select menu. To do it again you have to power on and off the unit, which can't be great for the system. Look how frusterating it is on sonic 2, same code on that game also.
[youtube]uPyQGDHtIUM[/youtube]

I recall my first silent hill game on ps1. I had to go away for the weekend and I didn't have memory card. I looked for a clear spot and left there the char for 3 days. I was kind of scared about the health of the ps1 after 3 days on. I had the sega genesis+megacd before that and I had a terrible experience. Repairs almost every month. I sold the genesis and dumped the stupid megacd.
I never missed the save game feature on nes. Not so long games after all. Super Mario bros mostly.

1996 was the year I was 11 and for xmas i got a pal Nintendo 64 with Mario 64, I was awake till boxing day morning not a sound out of me, I had 70 stars and bowser was dead up there with the best gaming experiences ever.
I had a 3do with need for speed in the early 90's it was super expensive over this side of the pond but when I seen it run along side a Philips cdi I had to have the 3do to me its the most powerful of the first cd consoles that lacked the developer support of the big guys I can remember hearing that the way it was setup to develop for was a bit cack handed so the ps1 smashed it titles major titles that are still around today.

rojitor said:
I recall my first silent hill game on ps1. I had to go away for the weekend and I didn't have memory card. I looked for a clear spot and left there the char for 3 days. I was kind of scared about the health of the ps1 after 3 days on. I had the sega genesis+megacd before that and I had a terrible experience. Repairs almost every month. I sold the genesis and dumped the stupid megacd.
I never missed the save game feature on nes. Not so long games after all. Super Mario bros mostly.

My problem was I had one memory card, I would rent games, then when I run out of save slots had to sacrifice one of my saves on my other games. These days a $5 memory card would store saves from every psi game ever made plus 10x more. It is funny I loved the game kloana so much I didn't return it, that game is now worth $200 it is so rare. I found that out and look thru all my storage, don't have it! Found my original sonic genesis game, one virtual boy game and my game boy, I WANTED THAT KLOANA DISK THOUGH!

Ianhill said:
1996 was the year I was 11 and for xmas i got a pal Nintendo 64 with Mario 64, I was awake till boxing day morning not a sound out of me, I had 70 stars and bowser was dead up there with the best gaming experiences ever.
I had a 3do with need for speed in the early 90's it was super expensive over this side of the pond but when I seen it run along side a Philips cdi I had to have the 3do to me its the most powerful of the first cd consoles that lacked the developer support of the big guys I can remember hearing that the way it was setup to develop for was a bit cack handed so the ps1 smashed it titles major titles that are still around today.

I was in 9th grade when mario 64 was released, I would ride up to toys r us just to play, lol. Didn't get one for another 2 years. That game was amazing back then, adults would sit behind me and gawk when I played it. I asked if they wanted to try and just wanted to watch.

I'm always looking on youtube at the next crazy thing and I noticed mario 64 and mario kart 64 still have a massive following and the aim now has been speed runs there's an absolute legend of a guy he completes mario 64 with all 120 stars in 1 hour 40 mins and the another guy does mario kart all the trophys in 30 mins or so amazing stuff to watch.
I can still play mario 64 today it was so well polished it plays amazingly it left a mark on most of our generation I believe.

my firstcomputer game experience was with my zx81 8) , my favorite being 'Mazogs' (who doesn't know this game, right ?)
mazogs.gif
I never had a console in my younger days, I do remember playing a Philips Videopack with my cousins but it was theirs. What I did have (and still do) is one of these:
large.jpg
and my very very first 'computer' game (still have this one too, given to my dad by a company as a present for business)
hqdefault.jpg

Back